• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumor: Firearms Will Overheat In DmC, Possible Playable Demo At E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
You don't know if Lady will make an appearance or not. And you don't know if this game's story is about Tony Redgrave or not. So please stop trying to tell people otherwise.
wellll it kinda sounds a helluva lot better than a reboot (least to me anyways) n if it is the "Tony Redgrave story" what role would Lady play? a helpless child? I'd rather not c that (yet)

Pleasure

Just the man with the gun.
You don't know if Lady will make an appearance or not. And you don't know if this game's story is about Tony Redgrave or not. So please stop trying to tell people otherwise.

And if you really do know, show those sources of yours.
Fine. Let me put it straight then.
That's the way it should be. Am I Ninja Theory? **** no. Am I related to Capcom for that matter? Bitch please. But from the sounds of it, they're going far back in canon history; beyond even this point.
Could I be wrong? Yeah. With ease. Christ, they already ****ed up canon in DMC4 when they threw in Trish just out of the blue, seeing as it was supposed to be before the first DMC, as I recall. But, if they do go along DMC lore, then yeah, what I said is the path they're going to take.
Either way, I'm pretty sure (99 percent) they won't throw in Lady.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Christ, they already ****ed up canon in DMC4 when they threw in Trish just out of the blue, seeing as it was supposed to be before the first DMC.

What the h#ll....

Did you even play DMC4?

It was confirmed a while ago that it takes place AFTER DMC1 and BEFORE DMC2.

Pleasure

What the h#ll....

Did you even play DMC4?

It was confirmed a while ago that it takes place AFTER DMC1 and BEFORE DMC2.
Really? I'd heard the opposite.
Well, see, I can be wrong too.
And yeah, I played it. Just the storyline was too gay for me to pay much attention.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Really? I'd heard the opposite.
Well, see, I can be wrong too.
And yeah, I played it. Just the storyline was too gay for me to pay much attention.

We'll It was confirmed in the game itself.

It has a story theatre view mod if I am not mistaken that puts the stories in order and lets you read them from DMC3,DMC1,DMC4,and last DMC2.

Also the fact that Dante had the Sparda sword (which he only achieved in DMC1) is further proof that this takes place after DMC1.

Pleasure

Like I said, too gay. Cool enemies though.
Fine then. It's DmC, 3, 1, 4, 2. Either way, the reboot takes place before Dante earns his white-haired badassery we're all familiar with, as that's when he first starts calling himself Dante again (as evidenced by the trailer). IF they're following canon, then Vergil might be in the game as well; probably as a protagonist-turned-antagonist again, if we're lucky. Trish won't be in the game. Lady won't be either, unless they feature the events that sparked her quest for vengeance in the first place.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Like I said, too gay. Cool enemies though.
Fine then. It's DmC, 3, 1, 4, 2. Either way, the reboot takes place before Dante earns his white-haired badassery we're all familiar with, as that's when he first starts calling himself Dante again (as evidenced by the trailer). IF they're following canon, then Vergil might be in the game as well; probably as a protagonist-turned-antagonist again, if we're lucky. Trish won't be in the game. Lady won't be either, unless they feature the events that sparked her quest for vengeance in the first place.
Trish better not be in it, sure I like havin' the blonde around but that'll screw the story up even more :confused:

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
If it has anything to do with the story whatsoever Trish won't be in it. She hadn't been created yet right?

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Making the firearms overheat is good way to increase E&I's damage while keeping them not overpowered. I think they need a damage boost cause in cutscenes, they are always strong as hell and then, when you try to use them, it feels like you are throwing little stones in the enemy.
IMO, in DMCs 3 and 4, the handguns are only useful to keep the enemy in the air and to chain combos. While in DMC 2, Ebony and Ivory, they felt stronger (sadly, slower) but not strong enough to be considered overpowered.

Pleasure

I think Anglekos has good theories and points. Trish probably won't be in it, and Lady is also very unlikely.
Holy spotlight, Batman, someone agrees.
Like I stated before, I'll be real surprised if the guns end up being Ebony & Ivory. Surprised, and admittedly disappointed.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Holy spotlight, Batman, someone agrees.
Like I stated before, I'll be real surprised if the guns end up being Ebony & Ivory. Surprised, and admittedly disappointed.

I think it's probably not E&I. From the trailer, both guns seemed a bit too big to be our faithful twin pistols, and they were also both black.

Zary

To ppl who don't realize the whole thing bout cooldown on The guns.....

Right now, Dante's guns in the "story" point of view are supposed to be really strong,like at the first Vergil fight in DMC3 u see Dante shooting like 4 bullets at vergil, he goes to the trouble to block em with Yamato and then considers it 'worth it' to slash em back at Dante, who's given enough of a damn bout them to slice them back in half.......

now Consider Nero's gun, Blue Rose, we saw generally it's a really weakass gun,but at the Charged versions,they're strong enough to knock Dante off his feet and the third level of Charge is like strong enough as like 10 slashes from his Red Queen or so........

This tells us,according to the story, Ebony and Ivory are considered to be strong....I mean,consider the fact that they're the only Iconic weps Dante has throughout all 4 DMC games so far....

Further Examples include stuff like Dante killing that Hell demon with one headshot after the first mission in DMC3.....Jackpot shots.......Dante being able to imbue the shots with his Devil-arm/Inner demonic magic energy or w/e.....Dante dismantling a whole moving armor-suit with just one shot.....Dante's Description in DMC3 was also something like 'Crushes his enemies with his Dual handguns Ebony and Ivory and his inherited sword Rebellion'

And also,consider the fact that Guns have their own style in DMC3 and DMC4 mirroring Swordmaster....meaning there's supposed to be equal emphasis on guns and devil arms while playing,or at least that's what the devs intended.....but putting a reload time or something on Ebony and Ivory or any other gun for that matter doesn't appeal to ppl cuz they think it stops em from feeling 'awesome'.......

But gameplay-wise,it takes forever to kill something with just guns...they don't feel like that much dmg or You don't feel that epic shooting something in the game as u do watching dante one-shot something with his guns....

So the Cooldown would be a great way to Balance the guns and make them have a decent amount of power to call them 'Dante's Guns' at the same time......so u don't have to spam them to feel awesome,just by shooting them every now and then at strategic moments,like when the boss is out of ur reach and u wanna put ur gun on CD now for efficient use of weps....you feel E&I being that damn awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom