• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 Remake

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
There were?
Yes, everyone saw Ada in the long coat and were beginning to doubt if the red dress would return. I think there was even a dev statement that gave fans even more reason to worry, I can't remember exactly.
But there was also the usual "Capcom are catering to SJW filth by covering her up!" outrage and there was worry about whether or not Ada would still have her dress.

Thankfully, that is all debunked now.

I think the intent was to have fans surprised by Ada's red dress reveal in the game, but the angry gamers made Capcom reveal her dress.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought it was Ada when I saw the E3 trailer and didn’t doubt otherwise. Didn’t know she was only recognisable by her dress. I’m not even a massive RE fan and I still thought it was her lol

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought it was Ada when I saw the E3 trailer and didn’t doubt otherwise. Didn’t know she was only recognisable by her dress. I’m not even a massive RE fan and I still thought it was her lol
How'd you know? The coat threw people off, not realizing that its Ada. I immediately realized Claire was in the game because of the scenes - they were similar to the original, and her clothes. The only complaint people had about Claire is how the face did not come out right.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Carlos

I don’t remember. I just know some of the characters from RE and when I saw that person I assumed it was Ada Wong. Did she speak in the E3 trailer because maybe I got it was her from voice as well.

Goldsickle

Almost everything I envisioned what an RE2 remake should be is coming true.

Almost.

I have always wanted to see what if Capcom made use of the latest hardware to eliminate interrupting loading times as you travel around the precinct.
And because the game does not load one room at a time, it means that zombies can freely chase you through doors, meaning that simply running away like the first 3 games might be disastrous.

With new format, it allows Mr. X to be more persistent and could be anywhere.
Maybe even more persistent than Nemesis in RE3.

Another thing I've been thinking for years is different enemy types mixing up together in a single room.
The "load one room at a time" format in older RE games meant that 90% of the time, you always have the same enemy types in every room.
Now you could be walking in a room full of Lickers with Mr. X right behind you and probably zombies who caught your scent.
We have seen Mr. X knocking aside zombies in its path, making me wonder if all the other monsters interact with each other in their own way, like zombie dogs fighting with Lickers.

The one thing that I was disappointed with this game is the paused menu.
If modern horror games taught me anything is that a real-time pause menu or real-time puzzle solving is always more tense.
In RE7 and Revelations 2, you could be interrupted trying to heal yourself but in this RE2 remake, you can just open the time-stopping inventory and use a First-Aid Spray.
I guess the developers don't know what kind of animation to use when the characters heal themselves with Herbs.

It's all good though, since the rest of the game makes up for the time-stop menu.
Other players probably don't like fiddling with the inventory while monsters are right behind you but I prefer something more tense.

I'll be enjoying this when it's released next year.

Reactions: Meg

Goldsickle

Save rooms do not keep enemies out this time around.

EDIT: It turns out the "Waiting Room" is not a save room anymore.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Downloaded the demo on PC, also downloaded the trainer so I had unlimited play time and could explore to my hearts content.

I really liked the demo, the atmosphere was great and the zombies are actually threatening.

Really can't wait for the full game.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Also been person who downloaded PC demo to not only look how remake would look also needed confirm if later i buy RE 2 remake full it ends working on my laptop but seems it worked, had great 30 minutes of it, would maybe later buy game too

Goldsickle

Weapon and upgrade parts revealed:
ioHUha7.jpg

Goldsickle

5 more days left.
My nearby store won't have any midnight sale, so I have to wait till the morning or something.

Goldsickle

Three more days to get my hands on "Resident Evil 2 Remake: Goldsickle Was F***ing Right Edition".

I totally called it years ago that over-the-shoulder will be the format used.
But people would call me "troll" for being logical.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Three more days to get my hands on "Resident Evil 2 Remake: Goldsickle Was F***ing Right Edition".

I totally called it years ago that over-the-shoulder will be the format used.
But people would call me "troll" for being logical.

It just makes the most sense. It's the world of the most popular tank-controls game (2) with the controls of the most popular action games (4, and to a lesser extent 5 and 6)

Goldsickle

I should be able to get my copy in an hour and a half later.
I'll just watch Gundam ZZ to pass the time.

Top Bottom