• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Goldsickle

3N7wJEp.jpg

But yeah, I'm very hyped for this =0

Aurelius

Pre- order is already up on PSN for those interested: RESIDENT EVIL 2 Deluxe Edition

On another note, looks like Capcom will be paying tribute to Elza Walker from Biohazard 1.5 by adding her outfit for Claire to wear. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Elza, she was the main female protagonist before she was redeveloped into Claire Redfield.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Both Leon and CLaire look... different. The funny thing is that Capcom said that they took note from people's comments on RE7, how Chris looked so different and that they'd try to stick to the appearance people remembered more. I don't remember Leon having a butt chin and Claire doesn't even look like she's related to the woman she used to look like. I'm not sure why Capcom is so willing to change the faces of their iconic characters with such ease but they sure do it often.

Goldsickle

I'm surprised to see an official Elza Walker costume.
Looks like the acknowledge her existence, even if she's supposed to be scrapped material.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
There are a lot of things I didn't like about this. The 3rd Person shooter setting, Claire's look/voice, Mr X's dumb hat, Ada's long coat and Sherry's new look.

But I still wanna give this a chance since I wanna feel the nostalgia when I revisit the old locations and scenarios.

I just hope they'll fit in some of those cheesy lines.

"That guy's a maniac! Why'd he bite me?"

Meg

Very excited for this! I never played the original RE2 as I only got into the series within the past 2-3 years, so I'm pumped to be able to play this. Trailers looks pretty good. Hopefully we can get more gameplay videos soon. :thumbsup:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Nope. Don't like that. I didn't like RE7 I don't want RE7's mechanics in this game. I don't like their inventory system, I don't like new crafting for RE2 and I don't like them using the same models for the plants and possibly the bullets. Change it, that's fine, that's not a bad thing, but why are you disposing of what wasn't broken. Going into the menu and organizing stuff was a huge part of the experience, doing it real time, and with that BS little menu I've come to associate with one of the titles I actually hate, does not, I repeat, not work for me.

Goldsickle

that BS little menu
I like the menu because it's instantaneous.
One thing I don't like about the older menus is that they need to load a whole new screen and then fade back to gameplay.
Nowadays, I prefer if games cut down on "fade to black" as much as possible.

The thing I personally don't like about the inventory screen or interaction is that it stops time.
I feel that this diminishes the challenge, especially after experiencing other "survival"-themed games where you have to access your inventory in real-time.

Maxman

I think Inventory Screen was made to be like Classic RE where it stops time , unlike the real time inventory started with RE5 if am not mistaken

Goldsickle

I think Inventory Screen was made to be like Classic RE where it stops time , unlike the real time inventory started with RE5 if am not mistaken
It stops time when you pick up an item, interact with puzzles or access your inventory menu.
After all the frantic real-time menus I experience in Revelations 2 & RE7, I actually find this disappointing.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
TRUE SURVIVAL HORROR:
4cYXtbQ.gif

Hitting your targets without actually aiming your gun towards them.
Dat hit detection...

On a serious note, I am glad it's coming out soon! :) I can't wait to get my hands on it. Ready to experience Resident ****ing Evil 2 all over again!

People are complaining about small things in this thread. What'd you expect them to do, allow you to see things up close to see the object? *sigh*

Top Bottom