• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Goldsickle

So in other news, I beat Leon A... Because they lied about there not being A and B scenarios.
I beat Hardcore without opening the item box for my first playthrough.
Honestly, I was close to abandoning the challenge but I went through with it.
Glad that I got that out of the way.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I think I have to restart the game cause I've reached the final battle with Birkin on Claire A and I'm always out of ammo before I can even dent him.
Don't know what else to do.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm currently playing through Leon's story, and the game is AWESOME in every way. I know the game is short, but **** it. The game is good. And it gets better by the time you meet... Mr. X.

*^<& YOU, Mr. X! Man, Mr. X is terrifying especially if you put your surround sound system on. I have a sound bar, but it's all the same. Goddamn the guy doesn't stop chasing after you, not even in the main hall. Oh no. I was expecting to take refuge in the main hall only to discover that not even the main hall is safe. I heard footsteps for a while, then there the motherfucker was! Riiiiiiiight behind me! AAAAAAAH!

Perfect halloween game. I don't know why this wasn't a October release!?

The best part of the introduction of Mr. X wasn't that he just popped up somewhere, it was something else. I'll let you experience that part yourself.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm currently playing through Leon's story, and the game is AWESOME in every way. I know the game is short, but **** it. The game is good. And it gets better by the time you meet... Mr. X.

*^<& YOU, Mr. X! Man, Mr. X is terrifying especially if you put your surround sound system on. I have a sound bar, but it's all the same. Goddamn the guy doesn't stop chasing after you, not even in the main hall. Oh no. I was expecting to take refuge in the main hall only to discover that not even the main hall is safe. I heard footsteps for a while, then there the motherfucker was! Riiiiiiiight behind me! AAAAAAAH!

Perfect halloween game. I don't know why this wasn't a October release!?

The best part of the introduction of Mr. X wasn't that he just popped up somewhere, it was something else. I'll let you experience that part yourself.

*clomp clomp clomp clomp*
Oh god here he comes...
*footsteps die down, shoots one zombie*
*door bursts open like he's the freaking Kool-aid Man*

HEARD YOU WERE FIGHTING SOME ZOMBOS LEON *CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP*

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Damn I must have replayed that final Birkin battle dozens of times but I finally got him, used up every single round I had and got the finishing blow with the knife, yeah the knife of all weapons, my HP was on danger too. It's been a long time since a game has given me an adrenaline rush like this.
I really should have been more careful with my ammo through out the game.

I can fully say even after just playing Claire A that I freaking LOVE this game, RE2(98) is in my top 3 of the entire RE franchise so the bar was high, but I'm happy to say that REmake 2 is meeting my expectations so far.
I was also unhappy before release about not having Allyson Court back as Claire just like I was with Revelations 2 and was just as uneasy about her appearance as her face looked off in the trailers, but I can happily say that her current VA did a great job, she'll never top Allyson Court, but she deserves credit here and Claire's face managed to grow on me as I saw it more. I really hope the same effect happens for DMC5's faces.

Also yeah, Mr X, I always chose flight mode whenever he showed up and I think a good hour or 2 of my playtime was cowering in the save rooms or running like hell to the save rooms just to take a breather and listening to those footsteps.
If Capcom can do Mr X this well then I can't imagine how much of a F**K YOU enemy that Nemesis is gonna be when REmake 3 comes.

Just got started on Leon B(Hardcore), gotta remember to watch the ammo this time.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Is the camera turning controlled by the mouse in this game? For the love of everything that's holy, tell me it's controlled by the mouse and not by A and D.

Goldsickle

I think I have to restart the game cause I've reached the final battle with Birkin on Claire A and I'm always out of ammo before I can even dent him.
Don't know what else to do.
I hoarded the Hand Grenades.
They do wonders in destroying its eyeballs.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Is the camera turning controlled by the mouse in this game? For the love of everything that's holy, tell me it's controlled by the mouse and not by A and D.
Camera's controlling it in the corridors, but you can move the camera outside. I had no problem moving camera in the main hall, for example, but in corridors, the camera's doing the dirty work. I wouldn't have it any other way, though. Otherwise Mr. X wouldn't be as menacing.

You can also move the camera in corridors, but it can only be moved in limited scopes. Sometimes, the camera hits a wall on the side.
Also yeah, Mr X, I always chose flight mode whenever he showed up and I think a good hour or 2 of my playtime was cowering in the save rooms or running like hell to the save rooms just to take a breather and listening to those footsteps.
If Capcom can do Mr X this well then I can't imagine how much of a F**K YOU enemy that Nemesis is gonna be when REmake 3 comes.
I can't imagine REmake 3 being worse, but I bet it will because in the original game, he chased you EVERYWHERE. It basically was Mr. X on steroids.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Honestly the only complaint I have about this remake is the redesign of the Ivy enemies. They just don't look scary or creepy.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well I'm glad the bowgun is gone.

This game is otherwise mostly great. There might be less variety in the scenarios compared to before but at least I can get to HUNKs without busting my balls. They've returned to some real survival horror with this one, especially since ammo is usually in short supply. It looks amazing and is a lot of fun, despite the step up in difficulty from the original. My brain still expects a bunch of things to be in a certain place and for enemies to react a certain way knowing it previously like the back of my hand, so this one's got plenty of surprises still.That sewer section is fairly disgusting, I love it.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
After finishing Leon B it's clear that the devs have royally screwed the continuity that the original set up.
Leon B literally fights the exact same Birkin fights in the exact same ways as Claire and even has Annette show up in the same exact ways, it doesn't make sense at all.
Unless of course everything is changed in Leon A and Claire B, though I somehow doubt it.

Also I was very disappointed in the Super Tyrant fight, he looked lame as hell compared to the original design and it's spin offs, plus there was no epic "Game Over" one liner from Leon, that's blasphemy in my eyes!!

I still haven't played HUNK's path yet and even though I still really like the game, I just think it's continuity screw ups are too much to consider it canon over the original like the REmake 1 considered.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah, it looks like they cheaped out, eliminated the zapping system and the end boss differences. One of the coolest things about the original was playing B for the first time and having no idea you were gonna run into Mr. X or have a totally different boss fight at the end. Damn.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I didn't have any problem with the Super Tyrant, personally. It's more in-line with what other Tyrants look like after mutating. Plus he lost his coat from a much-less intense source. In the original he fell into a blast furnace, in this one he just got blown up a couple times. He's still an intense as hell boss fight.

edit: But the lack of "Game over!" from Leon did kinda sting a bit.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Currently stuck on the crane battle with Stage 2 "G" Boss. I used up most of the weapon ammo, have yet to obtain the machine gun from the armory, and the flamethrower. :( So now I am SOL with the pistol because I don't have enough shotgun ammo, either. Sucks to be me now.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Currently stuck on the crane battle with Stage 2 "G" Boss. I used up most of the weapon ammo, have yet to obtain the machine gun from the armory, and the flamethrower. :( So now I am SOL with the pistol because I don't have enough shotgun ammo, either. Sucks to be me now.
I got stuck on that boss fight on my first playthrough.
Trick is to get him down on his knees and then use the crane. You can get him with the crane by luring him over there and hoping the crane hits him before he gets to you, but that's very risky.
It's even worse when he manages to grab you while the crane is heading for you.

Meg

Finished both Leon and Claire play throughs! Great game! Only have a few minor complaints. I tried to get through Hunk's story a couple times but no luck. I'll try again tomorrow probably.

Also, Mr. X is terrifying and after all the trauma he caused I do not want a RE3 remake. Oh I'd still play it. I just don't want to. :laugh:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Finished both Leon and Claire play throughs! Great game! Only have a few minor complaints. I tried to get through Hunk's story a couple times but no luck. I'll try again tomorrow probably.

Also, Mr. X is terrifying and after all the trauma he caused I do not want a RE3 remake. Oh I'd still play it. I just don't want to. :laugh:

Mr. X gives me high hopes for Nemesis. "S.T.A.R.S.!!!"

Reactions: Meg

Goldsickle

People who play evasively will spread the closed-minded misconception that "Resident Evil is built around evasion" or that "combat is never the focus, if you spend time fighting, you're doing it wrong".

The thing about this stupidity is that evasion was only a free lunch because enemies can't follow you through doors.
Try to play "evasively" here and you're only increasing the risk of being bitten.
Go ahead and leave the zombie in the Morgue, it will catch up to you by traveling all the way to the Generator Room while you're trying to dodge dogs.

Like it or not, some enemies may need to be killed or disabled for you to progress safely.

The older titles also only have one enemy type per room, meaning it's easier to evade.
But have two different enemies of size, speed and mechanics, it becomes harder to focus.
Walk slowly to move past Lickers or run from Mr. X?

This game just smashes and obliterates the "designed around evasion" or "not focused on combat" stupidity.
And I love it.

Top Bottom