• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Raiden vs Wolverine

Who do you think will win?

• Raiden

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Wolverine

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Tie

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
Omg, this is happening!? Yesss. I'd say Wolverine takes this, tough I would love to see a Berserk Wolverine vs a 'Jack The Ripper' Raiden.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I know that but Wolverine still has a hyped up healing factor & combat skills.

Ok, but if he's all defense and no attack, how's he supposed to win? His bones have no chance to penetrate Raiden's body, nor to stop his blade.

Combat skill alone can't do much against an opponent you can't hurt.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Raiden has two eyes doesn't he, Wolverine can blind him & some way or another take his sword & use it against him.

Yeah but one is cybernetic if I recall correctly, and I'm willing to bet a bone claw ain't enough to break it.

But you're not getting my point. He can be as martially skilled as you want, it counts little if he can't hurt his opponent. Logan has no chance of harming Raiden's cybernetic body in any way without adamantium.

Besides, Raiden is a cyborg ninja. He's skilled in martial arts too.

I'm sorry Vamp, but I can't see Logan winning without adamantium.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
lol You don't have to see it, i do besides I said maybe Wolverine would win without adamantium.
I understand Raiden is a cyborg blah blah blah but i've seen nothing that changes my mind in thinking Wolverine wins.

At this point in curious: could you please tell me how you expect Logan to win without adamantium, just with his bone claws against a cyborg he can't damage?

I'm genuinely curious about what leads you to think Logan wins even without adamantium.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Daken (Wolverine's son) only has bone claws, and he was able to pierce Iron Man's armor.
I don't doubt Wolverine's bone claws could still do some damage to Raiden....But an adamantiumless Wolverine, would be hella easier to dismember into tiny pieces

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Daken (Wolverine's son) only has bone claws, and he was able to pierce Iron Man's armor.
I don't doubt Wolverine's bone claws could still do some damage to Raiden....But an adamantiumless Wolverine, would be hella easier to dismember into tiny pieces

Isn't Dakens Skeleton way harder than that of a normal human?
I believe his claws were made of the Muramasa Blade as well for some time (don't know about the current sate though). He also was (or is dunno) the Horseman of Death from Apocalypse, which probably granted him addidional powers etc.
Depending on when he fought Iron Man there are several reasons for why he could pierce Iron Man. Something Logan wouldn't be able to do without Adamantium I believe.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Isn't Dakens Skeleton way harder than that of a normal human?
I believe his claws were made of the Muramasa Blade as well for some time (don't know about the current sate though). He also was (or is dunno) the Horseman of Death from Apocalypse, which probably granted him addidional powers etc.
Depending on when he fought Iron Man there are several reasons for why he could pierce Iron Man. Something Logan wouldn't be able to do without Adamantium I believe.
It was before any of that, back when he was a Dark Avenger, and only his wrist claws were coated in the Muramasa metal, the claws from the back of his hands are just, like Wolverine, dense bone

Erian1Mortal

Premium
It was before any of that, back when he was a Dark Avenger, and only his wrist claws were coated in the Muramasa metal, the claws from the back of his hands are just, like Wolverine, dense bone
Ah good to know, wasn't really sure, so it was during Dark Reign I take it?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Ah good to know, wasn't really sure, so it was during Dark Reign I take it?
Whoops, it was actually Iron Patriot
1230712-dwolvie_82_legion_cps_030.jpg

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
from what i've read, wolverine is practically unbeatable.. no wonder i never liked this character

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@absolitude: Most characters are the same, really. They're all practically unbeatable in their own ways. It's kind of why I'm not fully interested in all of it. That's just me though. I still find the characters fun and they look cool.

absolitude

@absolitude: Most characters are the same, really. They're all practically unbeatable in their own ways. It's kind of why I'm not fully interested in all of it. That's just me though. I still find the characters fun and they look cool.

lol, now that you've mentioned it yeah, all of them are unbeatable indeed.. but this wolverine, survived a nuclear explosion, fought some great names and he wins it, the amount of unbeatable in this guy is too much.. was he ever beaten btw?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@absolitude: I see your point.

Well, VampireWicked said something about him being ripped in half by Hulk.

Most characters have beaten each other at some point in some comic universe. I don't really follow it all too much. My lack of interest doesn't rest on the idea that they're all invincible, undefeatable characters. I don't follow all of their stories intricately to know how or why they have a strength. How powerful their abilities really are. Or whether they can/can't survive a planet landing on their head. So I'm not going to form some blind opinion on them all as a whole, I don't think that would be right.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Wolverine #57-61 (volume 3) would seem to suggest that no, he cannot (regenerate from a single cell). In those issues we find out that if Wolverine's injuries are so severe that he dies before his healing factor kicks in he will, in fact, die. An injury reducing him to a single particle would kill him under this description.

However, in Wolverine #43 (also volume 3) we see all of his soft bits blown off of his skeleton which would clearly kill him before his healing factor kicks in. But it didn't. He regenerated within minutes.

In Excalibur #100 (volume 1), Professor Xavier believes the only way to stop Wolverine is to remove his head and keep it separated from his body. This won't kill him, but incapacitate him. This would suggest Xavier believes he can regenerate from a single cell.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130827083052AAsl4am

absolitude

"The bottom line, I think, is that Wolverine can regenerate from anything so long as he will continue to sell comics"

lolololol, this guy..

and i don't think it's wrong to say wolvie was still unbeatable without adamantium, i mean raiden had to suffer badly before getting an upgrade, while wolvie from the movies, he was willingly getting the adamantium upgrade, he didn't suffer before that --well he did suffer when it was injected..

with or without adamantium, as much as i like raiden, wolvie can beat him.. can we compare raiden's skill with the sword to deadpool before he was deadpool as in the wolvie x-men origins?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
"The bottom line, I think, is that Wolverine can regenerate from anything so long as he will continue to sell comics"

lolololol, this guy..

and i don't think it's wrong to say wolvie was still unbeatable without adamantium, i mean raiden had to suffer badly before getting an upgrade, while wolvie from the movies, he was willingly getting the adamantium upgrade, he didn't suffer before that --well he did suffer when it was injected..
That's the movie
In the comics he was abducted, tortured and forced to go through the bonding process, and had his memories wiped, all to turn him into the perfect living weapon.(With Origins Wolverine wiped from canon thanks to Days of Future Past, I'm hoping this is what will happen in the movies now)
Wolverine watched his father get murdered, his mutation triggered, and he stabbed the murderer with his bones claws, found out that man was his real father, and that's only the start.
He's lived for over a century, lost a lot of people, lot of lovers, including his son's mother, his son who grew to become one of his enemies.
Saying Wolverine hasn't suffered, is far from the truth

absolitude

That's the movie
In the comics he was abducted, tortured and forced to go through the bonding process, and had his memories wiped, all to turn him into the perfect living weapon.(With Origins Wolverine wiped from canon thanks to Days of Future Past, I'm hoping this is what will happen in the movies now)
Wolverine watched his father get murdered, his mutation triggered, and he stabbed the murderer with his bones claws, found out that man was his real father, and that's only the start.
He's lived for over a century, lost a lot of people, lot of lovers, including his son's mother, his son who grew to become one of his enemies.
Saying Wolverine hasn't suffered, is far from the truth

ugh, god damn those movies.. that background story is awesome and they left it out

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
ugh, god damn those movies.. that background story is awesome and they left it out

Of course they did. How do you condense all that stuff from probably years of comics in a single movie? They'd have needed a whole series of films about Wolverine's past.

Top Bottom