• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Raiden vs Wolverine

Who do you think will win?

• Raiden

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Wolverine

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Tie

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Of course they did. How do you condense all that stuff from probably years of comics in a single movie? They'd have needed a whole series of films about Wolverine's past.

oh come on, seriously they could, it ain't hard to pull, you just need to do the pacing right.. that's a good build up to his character and adds more depth to the story, instead of just

"hey logan, i wanna do you adamantium, you wanna?"

"oh yes i wanna wanna stryker",

and multiple times of screaming facing to the sky with the camera pulling away doesn't give characterization..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
oh come on, seriously they could

Oh yeah they could, but most likely, it would have ended up being a badly paced movie anyway, like most of the time they try to put too much in a character's background in a single movie. Unless you make it 3 hours long or so, and an action movie of that length can very well result boring as hell.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Oh yeah they could, but most likely, it would have ended up being a badly paced movie anyway, like most of the time they try to put too much in a character's background in a single movie. Unless you make it 3 hours long or so, and an action movie of that length can very well result boring as hell.
They should have done a film adaptation of the Origin mini series
standard_fantastic.jpg
That would have been excellent. Though it would have to be R rated to do it justice

absolitude

hahahaha, yes, yes, i understand this verymuch, and sitting there on the theatre for 3 hrs long is very unpleasant no matter how good they are..

well, what we got is the best possible i suppose, unfortunate of me that it mislead me..

They should have done a film adaptation of the Origin mini series
standard_fantastic.jpg
That would have been excellent. Though it would have to be R rated to do it justice

ah ofc, rating, probably one of the reason they didn't include wolvie's suffering.. and most movies from the recent years even should've been rated r for justice

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
ah ofc, rating, probably one of the reason they didn't include wolvie's suffering.. and most movies from the recent years even should've been rated r for justice
The first couple of minutes of the movie (which was based on the mini-series) made me cringe. Take Wolverine's mother's reaction, for instance.
In the film she just says "What are you?" in shock.
In the series, she slaps him, calls him a 'monster' and 'd@mned abomination' and an 'animal' (That's right folks, the first person ever to call Wolverine an animal, was his own ma) and after he ran away, committed suicide from grief

absolitude

The first couple of minutes of the movie (which was based on the mini-series) made me cringe. Take Wolverine's mother's reaction, for instance.
In the film she just says "What are you?" in shock.
In the series, she slaps him, calls him a 'monster' and 'd@mned abomination' and an 'animal' (That's right folks, the first person ever to call Wolverine an animal, was his own ma) and after he ran away, committed suicide from grief

wow, so wolverine's life is actually beyond tragic.. gotta say this made me think wolverine is an interesting character, i gotta add i didn't like jackman as wolverine, especially with that hair in the x men trilogies, so yeah, that adds up to my dislikes..

i kept thinking wolvie merely as that fast, agile, beastly barbaric arrogant kind of character with no decent background to tell, thx alot @AgentRedgrave , this is very informative

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
i didn't like jackman as wolverine

:jawdrop:

especially with that hair in the x men trilogies

Yeah I don't like that too, they did it to mimic the shape of his mask in the comics, without actually giving him the mask cause it would have looked too ridiculous. Yeah, mimicing the mask with the haircut lessens the ridiculousness but still made me cringe a little. In fact I like his hair in the Origins movie the best.

But Jackman is so badass and portrays Wolverine so well even I stopped caring after a while.

absolitude

Yeah I don't like that too, they did it to mimic the shape of his mask in the comics, without actually giving him the mask cause it would have looked too ridiculous. Yeah, mimicing the mask with the haircut lessens the ridiculousness but still made me cringe a little. In fact I like his hair in the Origins movie the best.

But Jackman is so badass and portrays Wolverine so well even I stopped caring after a while.

i expected a meanie looking and a shorter guy than cyclops, lol, and i already disliked jackman before he was wolverine.. but after a while the dislikes lessen, especially on dofp, x-men 3 and i like him verymuch in chappie, it even surprised me..

btw, jackman will definitely be good as dante, he got the build and height, and he looks good with a coat..

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter

Foxy, Wolvie's hair is like that in the comics too
ultwolv2012001front_ff.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Foxy, Wolvie's hair is like that in the comics too
ultwolv2012001front_ff.jpg

Ha! True, I forgot that. Sorry, it's just that when I think comic Wolverine, I always think of the Origin graphic novel, where his hair is more "normal":

2Wolverine.jpg

But I did like how they pulled it off in The Wolverine, where the "little horns" look is not exaggerated:

wolverinetotalfilmscan2.jpg

But the Origins movie haircut is my fav simply because it doesn't try too hard to be like the comics' haircut (which I find kind of laughable to see in live action on a real man's head) and thus comes off as more natural and believable:

25976040_.jpg

Well, except in the poster...

1241368487.jpg

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Ha! True, I forgot that. Sorry, it's just that when I think comic Wolverine, I always think of the Origin graphic novel, where his hair is more "normal":

2Wolverine.jpg

But I did like how they pulled it off in The Wolverine, where the "little horns" look is not exaggerated:

wolverinetotalfilmscan2.jpg

But the Origins movie haircut is my fav simply because it doesn't try too hard to be like the comics' haircut (which I find kind of laughable to see in live action on a real man's head) and thus comes off as more natural and believable:

25976040_.jpg

Well, except in the poster...

1241368487.jpg
I agree, and you wanna talk exaggerated
2338871-x_force_04__coochie_megan__pg05.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
What does this really have to do with the actual fight?

I could understand a little bit of banter. Which I even got involved in. But now it seems like we're mostly discussing Wolverine and his origins. Could we either try to make some points about this 'encounter' with him and Raiden, or compare each other in terms of strength and feats. Otherwise it seems like this is just a Wolverine focused thread to talk about him, and that would fair better on its own as a separate thread.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
How strong is Raiden's HF Blade anyway? IIRC, it weakens the molecular bonds of whatever it hits allowing it to cut practically anything.

But the real problem is Raiden's physical abilities. His power level correlates to the amount of drama in the scene. For example, in one cutscene, he can't lift a piece of debris off his arm... but moments later when Snake is about to be crushed by an incoming battleship, he crosses 400m in about 8 seconds and holds the battleship in place with one arm, long enough for Snake to get clear.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
How strong is Raiden's HF Blade anyway? IIRC, it weakens the molecular bonds of whatever it hits allowing it to cut practically anything.

It's still got its limits. Couldn't cut through NANOMACHINES SON!!! Armstrong's body, for example.

Sam's blade could, but I doubt either of them are able to cut through adamantium.

absolitude

gee.. wolverine's life is so ****ed up.. a man going thru those kinds of things in life, i would believe could handle any obstacle, not to mention his adamantium, healing factor and mental state.. guy could really be calm facing anything after all off those..

it could do that? this could change the game..

It's still got its limits. Couldn't cut through NANOMACHINES SON!!! Armstrong's body, for example.

Sam's blade could, but I doubt either of them are able to cut through adamantium.

can we consider sam's blade as raiden's upgrade?

and i don't know how nano-machines work or what exactly they are, but adamantium is matter, meaning the possibility is there for weakening the molecular bonds and more using sam's blade..

the writers are crazy btw, the description on adamantium is that once it is in solid form it's undestructable, way to go making a character invincible..

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
the writers are crazy btw, the description on adamantium is that once it is in solid form it's undestructable, way to go making a character invincible..
that's just how comics writers are there always trying to one up each other
like if for example if DC said super man could punch and crack thew half the earth
marvel would say the hulk would crack thew the whole earth

that's why there isn't a hole lot of official info on the limits of super hero's powers
cus as soon as there is the other guy will be just a little bit better

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Director Bison: Yeah, I guessed as much. Didn't want to judge the characters right away and say they were this way or that way. Not without knowing first or hearing it from someone else.

That's why I don't do hypothetical battle scenarios. Seems like just when one shows signs of having the advantage, the other has something to counter it and/or better it.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
can we consider sam's blade as raiden's upgrade?
Sam's blade was originally a samurai sword that was modded into a HF Blade.
But yeah, in RPG terms Raiden's blade is your signature sword (think Buster sword) whereas Sam's blade is the strongest sword you can unlock (think Ultima sword)

IIRC, the Nanomachines (SON!) reinforced he molecular bonds preventing any physical trauma (HF blade or otherwise) from breaking them. Until Raiden got Sam's blade which could overpower the Nanomachines.

Top Bottom