• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rage with regards to DmC: Could it have been avoided?

Dante47

So wait. People are ****ed that it was different from DMC games before, but now they're ****ed because its a lot like a DMC game. What the ****?
Also, Event goes on random tangents for no reason. He also says we shouldn't generalize people, but he generalizes the whole DmC supporters. 40 minutes... and he barely talks about DmC. 40 minutes!

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
No, don't ******* apologize. You have every right to your opinion.
Also, every ******* game company puts "Footage represents a game in development" In their game trailer. What a dip ****. He has no ******* idea what the **** he's talking about. That stupid pussy, ass, cock sucker, mother ******* piece of **** BITCH!!! He supports his opinion with JACK ****!! **** Main Event.
I understand the negativity, but insulting him won't get us anywhere. It'll offend him and his fans who will offend us in turn, and it just turns into a flame war from there. And no-one wins.

Dante47

I understand the negativity, but insulting him won't get us anywhere. It'll offend him and his fans who will offend us in turn, and it just turns into a flame war from there. And no-one wins.
I can see your reasoning. I'm not impressed by Event for this, for blatantly insulting our community.
Screw it, not much we can do but ignore it.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I can see your reasoning. I'm not impressed by Event for this, for blatantly insulting our community.
Screw it, not much we can do but ignore it.
Yup.
sucks that he's angry at all of us now because of three or four bad comments made god-knows-when.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So wait. People are ****ed that it was different from DMC games before, but now they're ****ed because its a lot like a DMC game. What the ****?

The reason been that for a year and a half we've been told that the game was going to be different from the rest of the series and people didn't like that to beggin with but then when it was all lies it's like telling people that Pepsi Zero tastes like regular Pepsi and then you try it and it's Diet Pepsi, you can't help but point out the lie the next time you see a commercial.

Main Event might get very angry and go on tangents but keeps the community of gamers who watch his videos informed on things that he thinks are wrong with the game industry, like that audio clip he played of the EA pressident talking about how much people will be willing to spend when they spend X number of hour on a game making it easy for them to sell them DLC, or the whole Capcom making DLC that's already on disc.

He doesn't get all the facts right at times and he gets really angry at times but I tend to agree with him.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Had a small exchange with him via youtube.
He's not really hateful. It's just that he's angry. He specifically said that he's angry about those who lied about him on this site.

I say we leave him alone.
What's been said has been said.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Wow...all this hate for Event....wow...I mean Ive seen his videos and all he talks about are facts that are presented to him and also shares it with people...So what if the guy hates the game....he is entitled to his opinion right?...I don't want to step on any toes but you are never going to satisfy anyone... there are always going to be people against some stuff....its always been like this...the guy gets angry because of how stupid people can be...and to tell you the truth...society now adays isn't all that smart...

On Topic....do I believe that all of this fan rage could of been avoided? Yes....probably like most people have stated...the bad PR is a major issue...and the way they have approached the situation and not have given people solid ground to step on...on the game...I really don't like the direction that Capcom and Ninja Theory have taken the game...but hey...the game is still in "Development" Right? or am I being delusional...

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I'm not sure why "Development" is in quotations, but yeah.
The storyline's evidently done. They're just fixing up the combat system. That counts as actually being in development to me.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
They have been hiding with the same "work in progress" thing since the first gameplay came out....the game is due in less than 5 months and I dont see any other game using the same sentence only Ninja Theory has...so yea...
I don't know...I guess Im not convinced on the game yet...It holds potential to be a good game...but it wouldn't be up to DMC and Bayonetta Standards...just saying...

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Looks like some people on this forum are butthurt Eventstatus's opinions are better than their's, hi butthurt people

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
No problem. No one has to watch it. In fact, it would be better if they didn't.

He insulted the people for this game at this very site by calling us "erroneous". Bravo. Did he get that from his word of the day calendar? Maybe he finally bothered to pick up a thesaurus.

EDIT: Oh Lord...he went out of his way to talk about Sieghart at around 17:00. Wow, and Sieghart didn't even say anything to him personally. What a presumptuous whore main event is. I'm sorry, but he is. That guy just simply went too far this time.
Yes but he attacked Eventstatus's fanbase by calling them blind sheep. Thats not a presumptuous whore, that's just someone who cares about fans

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
As everyone else pointed out, the main complaint came from the bad PR namely Tameen.

Even though he was just giving his opinion there are certain ways of handling these types of situations and tameen decided to handle them poorly.

For 1, when making a reboot which has been met with a lot of negative backlash best thing to do is NOT **** on the original central character of the original series namely Dante. Tameen said he was "uncool" and "to japanessy" which even though is his opinion was pretty untactful at the time of all the discord.

secondly, when your fans are displeased with your product I think the worse thing you can do is spit in their face by just telling them "you do not care about their concerns". No matter how anyone tries to reason it, what tameen said there was just immature and disrespectful. Sure some of the fans where being harsh in their hate for his game, but it is his JOB to create a great game for the FANS because without those fans your game is nothing. The fans words should always matter to you no matter how negative they are since they are the ones who the game is being catered to in the first place. saying you do not care about what they are saying is just wrong in my honest opinion. Tameen should have been the bigger man there instead of stooping to the "raging fans" level.

Now as far as the other things go, whenever a reboot is made it usually is met with discontent simply because a series that people grew up with and loved is now going to be changed. Also the fact that many fans did not believe that DMC needed a reboot also added to the fire of hate towards it. Seeing the initial trailer and how drastically Dante was changed would obviously **** off a lot of fans and Capcom knew this well.

So in short, no this hate could not have been avoided.

The only way they could have avoided it was not to have rebooted the franchise in the first place.

That being said, I was initially fully against DmC. I didn't like ANYTHING I was being shown in the initial trailers and the the 2 or 3 trailers after it. I'm not a "hater" but merely "Skeptical" on whether or not these changes will work or not. Lately DmC has made improvements on designs and scenary that I like. I'm fully willing to give this game a fair chance once it comes out. But as of right now, judging by what I've been show thus far, I still must say that I would have preferred DMC5 and my old DMC series over this one.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
As everyone else pointed out, the main complaint came from the bad PR namely Tameen.

Even though he was just giving his opinion there are certain waya of handling these types of situations and tameen decided to handle them poorly.

For 1, when making a reboot which has been met with a lot of negative backlash best thing to do is NOT **** on the original central character of the original series namely Dante. Tameen said he was "uncool" and "to japanessy" which even though is his opinion was pretty untactful at the time of all the discord.

secondly, when your fans are displeased with your product I think the worse thing you can do is spit in their face by just telling them "you do not care about their concerns". No matter how anyone tries to reason it, what tameen said there was just immature and disrespectful. Sure some of the fans where being harsh in their hate for his game, but it is his JOB to create a great game for the FANS because without those fans your game is nothing. The fans words should always matter to you no matter how negative they are since they are the ones who the game is being catered to in the first place. saying you do not care about what they are saying is just wrong in my honest opinion. Tameen should have been the bigger man there instead of stooping to the "raging fans" level.

Now as far as the other things go, whenever a reboot is made it usually is met with discontent simply because a series that people grew up with and loved is now going to be changed. Also the fact that many fans did not believe that DMC needed a reboot also added to the fire of hate towards it. Seeing the initial trailer and how drastically Dante was changed would obviously **** off a lot of fans and Capcom knew this well.

So in short, no this hate could not of been avoided.

The only way they could have avoided it was not to have rebooted the franchise in the first.

That being said, I was initially fully against DmC. I didn't like ANYTHING I was being shown in the initial trailers and the the 2 or 3 trailers after it. I'm not a "hater" but merely "Skeptical" on whether or not these changes will work or not. Lately DmC has made improvements on designs and scenary that I like. I'm fully willing to give this game a fair chance once it comes out. But as of right now, judging by what I've been show thus far, I still must say that I would have preferred DMC5 and my old DMC series over this one.
very nicely said tocool. alot of the hate was generated from PR, which makes me wonder how people would look at the game at this point time if there was not nearly as much PR, and even though i personally wasn't offended i know that alot of people were. nicely done. :)

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Eventstatus.... Opinions are "better" than others....
Trollolololololo

Are those the same fans he called "as.sholes" for liking this game?
Have you seen his videos? He makes valid points...and alot of them...He hasn't talked about the story...but then again he said he wasn't going to put all of his cards on the table...I can't wait to see what he says...cause the story does sound hilarious to me... I just don't understand why people here hate him if he does everything in his power to help gamers...and people respect him...Hell even Hideki Kamiya liked one of his videos...

ReRave

smug jerk
secondly, when your fans are displeased with your product I think the worse thing you can do is spit in their face by just telling them "you do not care about their concerns".
First of all: He said he didn't care about the massive waves of hate. "Concern" is something entirely different.
Second: It wasn't even an official statement during an interview from what I heard.

No matter how anyone tries to reason it, what tameen said there was just immature and disrespectful.
Yeah. Also, it's what anyone would have said. If you'd be called a faggot every second of a day you're bound to snap sometime.

Sure some of the fans where being harsh in their hate for his game,
"harsh"?

but it is his JOB to create a great game for the FANS because without those fans your game is nothing.
No. It's NT's job to create a game. That's all. Who cares about fans? Capcom doesn't. EA doesn't. NT doesn't even have fans.
It's about profit and that's how it has been since the dawn of games.

The fans words should always matter to you no matter how negative they are since they are the ones who the game is being catered to in the first place. saying you do not care about what they are saying is just wrong in my honest opinion.
I underlined the part that doesn't matter to million-dollar-corporations.

Seeing the initial trailer and how drastically Dante was changed would obviously **** off a lot of fans and Capcom knew this well.
It's hard to estimate an outrage like this, if you don't have the mindset of a five year-old yourself.

So in short, no this hate could not have been avoided.
Word. DMC's fanbase consists of too many lunatics.

The only way they could have avoided it was not to have rebooted the franchise in the first place.
.... which would have led the series to a slow and unnecessary death.

I'm not a "hater" but merely "Skeptical" on whether or not these changes will work or not. improvements on designs and scenary that I like. I'm fully willing to give this game a fair chance once it comes out.
The game looks the same since december last year... o_O

Top Bottom