• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quotes From Your Own Works v2

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
"Remember what's her name from eighth grade?" Daryl asked, looking at Derek curiously.

"That's, uh, that's really informative, Dar. Sadly, I don't remember her." Derek didn't even take his eyes off of his homework as he answered Daryl. He was set on finishing his pre-cal homework before the hour ended--which was in fifteen minutes, it seemed.

"You know, the one I got caught finger-****ing in the bathroom?" Daryl pulled his legs onto the bed, wrapping his arms around them and setting his chin on top of them.

Derek rolled his eyes, sighing. "You did that to her and you don't even remember her name?"

"Nope!" Daryl said, popping the 'p' sound. "I sleep with too many people to be assed with remembering their names."

"Yeah, but she was the only girl you've ever been with. That should make it easier to remember her name." Derek tapped his pencil on the side of his wiry blue glasses, tongue held between his lips.

Daryl shrugged, reaching over to the nightstand to grab himself a lollipop. "Yeah, well, anyway, I saw finger-****ed chick today and asked me why I haven't talked to her since. I mean, it's been almost five years. Come on, you find some other hot guy to **** around with during five years. I did."

"Uh-huh."

"So, I told her I was gay, right? And she started crying and throwing **** from her pockets at me and calling me a lying asshole. Like, what the ****?"

"Really?"

"Yeah! And you know what I did?"

Derek didn't answer.

"Do you know what I did?"

Derek waited for Daryl to continue.

"Do you know what I ****ing did, Blondie?!"

Derek pinched the bridge of his nose. "What did you do, babe?"

"I threw my lollipop at her and it got stuck in her hair." Daryl's eyes widened at the memory. "She acted like she was going to ****ing die."

"That's nice," Derek said, and slammed his math book shut. He stood up, stretching his limbs and pulled off his glasses, setting them on top of the book. He made his way out of his room, Daryl's eyes on his back.

"Where are you going?" Daryl asked.

"Shower!" Derek called from the hallway.

"Can I join?"

"No!" And the door to the bathroom shut, and the audible sound of the lock could be heard.

Daryl plopped down onto the bed, crossing his arms over his chest, staring at the ceiling, and mumbling about how Derek is a horrible listener.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
There are some quotes from my upcominig Kingdom Hearts&Bulletstorm crossover series called Shadows :

1. Shadows- " Shadows are ghosts of fallen ones but instead Heartless, they can feel and remember that they been in their living forms. The strongly emotional deceased ones"

2. Memories of Father of Agnes Demeanor Hunt father Grayson- " Agnes If you can see this, that propably Im ****ing Death"

Ps. Im thinking about release fic, but this one have strongly Mature rating about swearing, intense fantasy violence, and small suggestive references

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
It's from an RP, but I find it amusing. Mickey, Daryl, and Derek are my characters and Simon, Bradley, and Curtis are his, my RP buddy's, characters.

"He and Blondie started dating a week after they met," Daryl says, eating another piece of lettuce. "So I'm not surprised."

Derek scowls at Daryl, wishing he would use a fork instead of his hands. He knows it's not something messy, but it still bugs him. Salad isn't finger food, dammit.

"But hey at least I don't have to worry about Mickey hitting on Blondie anymore," Daryl continues, oblivious to Derek's scowl. "And you don't have to deal with..." Daryl trails off, eyes flicking to Bradley for a brief moment before falling on Curtis. "Never mind."

Derek turns away from Daryl, the sight irritating him. "They look cute together," Derek says, so he's not just scowling at everything.

"I bet they ****ed," Daryl goes on. "I bet Mickey was totally the bottom bitch."

Derek makes another face. "Stop it. I'm trying to eat." To prove his point, he takes another bite of his sandwich.

Daryl grins, wide and goofy. "Oh, God! **** me, Simon. Harder, faster! Oh, ****!"

"Shut up, Daryl, I'm trying to eat!"

Daryl sticks his tongue out, laughing at what he, Daryl, just did, even though he's probably the only one who found it funny.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Double posting 'cause I can and it's my thread. :D

So, I've been rewriting my story in first person with Daryl as the narrator. I've fallen in love with his voice. It's just so sarcastic and dry.

I stared out at the field, shoulders on my knees and chin in my hands. I shifted, my leather jacket crinkling. It probably looked like I was bored, but I wasn't. Honest. It's so much fun watching the team you're rooting for lose. I mean that. Really, I do.

Sitting in ninety-three degree heat, dressed in a long-sleeved shirt, heavy leather jacket, and dark jeans while watching your team lose is something I'd like to do everyday. However, it seemed, my over the top fun would be cut short at the moment while the break was called.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Marcus decided it was time to play again. He hadn’t played in ages, but it was always fun to lead others on a wild goose chase. Prey, he had long ago decided, had a lot of influence on the predators; naturally, he was obliged to test the limits of his hunters. Play time.

“It worked,” the redhead, Bonnie, said in an awed voice.
Big surprise, that,
Marcus thought to him sarcastically.
“Of course it worked. We only talked to…how many witches, again?” Meredith, the brunette, quipped cynically as Damon turned back into a crow, flew onto a nearby branch, and preened his feathers, now thoroughly bored.
“Druid, not a witch,” Bonnie snapped. “There‘s a difference.”
“Not very much of one,” Julian and Marcus said simultaneously.

Jenny wasn’t sure where, or even why, she was running. It wasn’t like she thought she would even get very far. But she still was. She had to get away from him. Tree quickly surrounded her, blocking out all but the moonlight. It didn’t occur to her that she was running in the general direction of Audrey’s house.
“Jenny!”
She felt his hand closed around her wrist. Jenny pulled free with a small sob of fright and kept running. Dimly, she heard him follow, matching her pace to a turn.
“Jenny! You‘re running right at it!”
At what?
The second Jenny hesitated was the second his arms wrapped around her, pulling her to him.
“Stop it! Let go! Let go of me!” Jenny struggled to get free, but, of course, Julian didn’t let her. Instead, he pulled her even closer.
A loud snapping of a branch made Jenny go silent and, finally, look. Eyes in the darkness. They were level with hers and were a reflective metallic coppery-green. Like a dog’s eyes in a dark room. And whatever the eyes belonged to was growling. A low rolling noise like a motorcycle’s engine. It sounded big. Really big.
“Is it a bear?” Jenny managed to whisper.

“No, something worse.”

Fear Itself quotes! :)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I found these under my 'scraps' folder.
Dear Dad,

Today started out pretty much the same as all the others. Nancy threw a fit because her eggs were too raw (and yes, Of Course I threw it in her face).
LOL...whut? XDD

The area was as desolate as the rest of the desert (wastelands). Burgundy sand dune upon burgundy sand dune stretched behind them, around them, and before them. They walked in fatigued silence in the blazing heat. A shriek sliced through the heavy atmosphere up ahead. He looked up sharply and his pace quickened. He reached the others within a few seconds. Cherie was covering her mouth with both hands, staring around her as if she was surrounded by deadly snakes. Haley nudged a protruding dry bone with the toe of her sneaker and shuddered. He crouched down and picked a half-visible skull from the soil with his hand. He studied the hideous thing briefly before throwing it back down and rising to his feet, scanning the area. There were more bones lying scattered and nearly invisible under the sand up ahead and all around them.

"It’s a bad sign. We’re dead meat – we’re in something’s lair and it’s going to eat us." Cherie stammered in a small voice.

"It’s like a graveyard." Haley wrapped her arms around herself and looked at another pile of bones nearby.

"It’s a dump." Leira said and brought a skeleton arm dangling near Cherie, who in turn shrieked and jumped away, looking somewhat green. Leira dropped the arm and kicked it, then sent a quick glance toward him before jogging up the steep dune in front of them.

"Leira!" Michellis snapped.

"Where is she going?" Cherie sniffed, stepping closer to him now that Leira was further away.

He didn’t reply. He watched Leira reach the top of the dune. She slowed down, her steps more careful. She stopped and shielded her eyes. She took a step forward after a moment, then paused and turned, as if she could feel his eyes on her. She dropped her hands to her sides, sent another glance over her shoulder, then started back down the dune toward them.
"Looks like we’ve got a fallen saraph on the loose." She said, leaning close to sniff at the small pool of sickly black gunk.

"What I’d like to know is how it got loose in the first place." Jeremy muttered, expression grim as she straightened up.

"What…what’s a fallen saraph?" Courtney asked, wrinkling her nose at the slime.

Jeremy and Haley exchanged looks before Haley turned to the expectant faces of her friends.

"It’s a demon."
My first drafts. They ish terribles.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Daryl wrapped his pale, bony fingers around the beer bottle's long neck. He gently swirled the alcohol in his grip, staring down at it with disinterest. "Do you know what I remember from school?" he said, bringing his dark eyes to Derek's lighter ones.

"Hmm?" Derek asked, taking a bite of pizza.

"Food." Daryl took a long drink of his beer. "There was always lots of food at your home."

Derek pointed the piece of pizza at Daryl for a moment then went to take another bite. "That's a chef thing." He paused while he chewed, looking thoughtful before adding, "You know what I remember what was always at your house? Booze."

"Well . . ." Daryl copied the movement Derek made with the pizza with his own beer bottle, "that's an alcoholic thing."

-----

"Can I remind you," Roza said, sounding annoyed, "that I wake up every morning at ****ing five and run eight miles."

"Yeah, Daddy!" Eve interjected. "She does all of that while you're still in bed with Blondie!"

Daryl grabbed Eve under her arms and pulled her up so that she was face to face with him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Really?" Daryl asked.

Eve nodded, smiling widely, showing off two missing teeth. "Uh-huh!"

"Well, between you and me . . ." Daryl lowered his voice to a whisper, though it was still loud enough for Roza to hear. "I get my best cardio workout in bed with Blondie."

Roza scoffed, rolling her eyes. "You are disgusting, Daryl."

"I don't get it." Eve frowned.

Daryl kissed her forehead before setting her down, chuckling softly. "Good. I'll tell you when you're six."

-----

Daryl cocked an eyebrow at Derek as soon as he made his way through the door. Daryl chucked his leather jacket onto the couch, a smirk playing on his lips. He took a seat next to his jacket, eyes on Derek's feet that were sticking out from under the bed.

"C'mere, pussy, pussy, pussy," Derek said in an almost baby-like voice.

Daryl's smirk turned into a full blown smile. "If you're trying to go straight, Blondie, this isn't exactly the way to go about it."

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
From Fear Itself:
“Let‘s cut to the chase then, yeah? All this sexual tension‘s doing my head in,” Marcus said.
^ I think he was talking about Jenny-Julian-Tom all being in the same room. He might not have, though. @_@

From Anachronism:
“Look, Vergil,” Lady snapped, the Samsara safely in her hands. “I don’t care if you’re going to go after the damn sword or not. But we’re going back now or I’ll leave you in this time period to deal with Tom yourself.”

By the scowl on her face, it was hard to believe that two minutes ago they had kissed, and easy to believe that they’d had one of their infamous fights that morning. So what it came down to was if Vergil wanted to deal with Tom Riddle or Dante for the rest of his life. Picking the lesser of the two evils, he decided to go with her. He could always get the sword when they killed Arkham.
Vergil nodded once. “All the legends say it was built by humans so they could get closer to their ‘gods’. Then the entire clan vanished before you sealed it away.”

“Yes,” Sparda said thoughtfully, looking like he had a secret to tell. It was a very odd look for such a powerful devil to be wearing. “But the truth is…demons helped them build it. The clan wasn’t just given a blue print and told to build under penalty of death. They were tricked; seduced into believing that if they built the tower to prove their loyalty, they would be rewarded with a devil’s power. So the humans built. Any who changed their mind were permitted to leave if they wanted. After all, what demon wants a follower who will balk at the first chance?

“But at the end of each work day, while the humans slept, the devils who hired them wove spells and enchantments over the very bricks they’d placed. From what I was told at the time, it was a safe guard to prevent humans from using it and gaining access to Hell. The entire clan could sacrifice as many people as they could, could even be spelled into a demon or ingest a demon’s blood, but they could never get through. As history would have it, they were later killed.

“That being said, this…Arkham is just a man. He may be powerful and well versed in the magical arts, but he’s incapable of controlling either the tower or my power due to his human blood. The Temen-ni-Gru should have cast him out, but instead it found the wrong target,” Sparda finished, the look in his eyes suggesting that since the tower was over two thousand years old, there was bound to be a couple kinks in it.
^ Not sure why I like that so much. I just do.

From an MSN RPG I was part of:
Eva: Okay... but I want to sleep with Daddy today!

Me: I'd like to do that, too, Eva. >_>

Sparda: *chokes on his tea*

Vergil: ....

Eva: *bounces* Really? I think Daddy’s bed is big. *smiles* Mummy, Daddy, me, Atty, Gus, and Darus can sleep on it. Uncle Dante and Billy too? *not sure*

Me: *inner yaoi fangirl perks up* Sure, Eva. Uncle Dante can share Vergie's bed. >:3

Vergil: No.

Me: [I'm terrible, making comments like this in front of Eva, who doesn't get it, huh? >_>]

"Anon": [xP Good thing Daddy and Grandpa are too busy to kill us]

^ Okay, so...Eva's Vergil's daughter in the RP. And...she didn't mean the sleeping bit in a pervy way...my mind was just in the gutter. >_>

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Here's a whole freaking chapter of mine. I'm not giving warnings because it should be obvious by now this contains gayness of the male variety. And it's unedited so it's filled with mistakes (which quotes of mine aren't, though?). Either way I still like it. A lot. And it's long, so part one goes here and part two will be in my next post.

My voice being said in a soft, familiar voice woke me from my sleep on the bus stop bench. My eyes opened to see an add for dental care, and then I heard my voice again. Along with a hand on my shoulder. I allowed myself to carefully roll over so I wouldn’t fall on the hard, cracked cement of the sidewalk.

What I saw was almost surprising, though I knew I shouldn’t be since I had heard his voice beforehand. But the pale, caramel brown eyes filled with concern, the shaggy golden blond hair that fell just below his ears, and the pink, moist slightly parted lips were enough to make my heart thud violently against my ribcage.

I swallowed hard, my voice wracked with nervousness and fatigue as I spoke one word: “Derek?”

“What are you doing out here? You haven’t been at school for two weeks. I was so worried.”

My eyebrows furrowed together and I sat up, head spinning from moving to fast. I brought my hands to hold my temples, eyes shut tight for a moment. I took a deep breath and shook my head. “What?”

“I said I was--”

“I know what you said!” I snapped. “Six months, Derek. You haven’t spoken to me in six months, and now you suddenly give a **** about me again?!”

Derek said nothing. He knotted his eyebrows together before he ran a hand through his hair. The jacket he was wearing drooped, and my heart jumped into my throat.

There was a bruise on his wrist.

I was off of the bench in a second, towering over Derek. He looked up at me.

“What?”

I didn’t reply. A moment later, I grabbed his wrist.

“Daryl, the freak?”

When I pushed his sleeve up I felt a sharp pain to my stomach, like I had been stabbed.

“Ich werde ihn töten!” I spat, letting go of Derek’s wrist. My whole being was trembling with rage. “What the hell is that?”

Derek shook his head, gold locks falling over his eyes. “I bumped my wrist.”

“I didn’t realize things you bump into can leave bruises that look like you've been grabbed.”

“Don’t change the subject!”

Derek looked at me, eyes blazing.

“This isn’t about me! This is about you!” When he spoke again, his voice was softer. Apologetic, even. “What happened? Why are you sleeping on a bench?”

I shrugged, turning my gaze away from his to the refinery on the other side of the street. “Jacob kicked me out,” I said simply.

“What?” Why?”

“Because I told him how much I love hot, hard cock down my throat and in my hand and up my ass,” I said, voice filled to the brim with venom and sarcasm.

“Jesus, Daryl,” Derek said softly. “What have you been doing for food.”

Oh, you know, selling my body to disgusting old men for fifty dollars an hour. No big deal or anything.

“I had some money from commissions saved up,” I said, knowing he’d see through my lie. However, I decided to tell the truth when I added, “I ran out of money three days ago and haven’t eaten anything since.”

A thick, uncomfortable silence hung between us after I said that. The only sounds that could be heard were the occasional car passing by, the refinery, and our breathing.

Finally, Derek said, “You’re coming home with me.”

I didn’t protest.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.

“Where’s Xavier?” I asked, a bowl of soup on the table in front of me. Derek was sitting opposite of me, drumming his fingers absently against the wood. “And Rena?”

“Xavier couldn’t hang out today,” Derek said. I stuffed a spoonful of cream of chicken into my mouth almost greedily while I listened. “Even though it’s Valentine’s Day . . .”

Another stabbing pain hit me. Images of how Derek and I spent Valentine’s Day last year together. I ignored the feeling of arousal and the heat in my cheeks as I forced myself to say, “Valentine’s Day?”

Derek ran his tongue over his lips, and I had to take a deep breath to control myself.

What was wrong with me? I was having mixed feelings about him today, but now I just wanted to **** his brains out. Jesus Christ, I need to get a hold of myself.

I noticed then Derek was speaking.

“You’re not even listening.” He rolled his eyes, looking annoyed.

“Sorry,” I offered lamely.

“If you care,” he started, “I said that Dad most likely won’t mind letting you move in. But you’ll have to sleep on the couch. Xavier would get mad at me if I even suggested sharing a room with you.”

My mind went off at the thought of sharing a room with Derek. Issac and Rena would never get any sleep. We’d have to changed sheets twice a day. I bit my lip, crossing my legs, even though I knew Derek wouldn’t be able to see under the table.

“You just did,” I pointed out.

He cracked the smallest of smiles but it was gone in a flash and he was clearing his throat. Though the smile was short, it was enough to take my mind off of having sex with him long enough to make me give my own smile to him.

When I smiled at him, it seemed like forever since I had. I had been dealing with Jacob’s physical and emotional abuse, Jake’s sexual abuse, Amanda turning the other cheek to everything that was happening, and trying to protect Kay from our father and brother all by myself.

A pang of something shot through me. I didn’t know what it was, but it made me realize how ****ing alone I’ve been since Derek started dating Xavier. Sleeping with Derek or not, he was all I’ve ever had. I needed him. I couldn’t do this by myself.

I couldn’t.

I took a shaky breath, pushing myself back from the table before I made my way to the living room, collapsing onto the couch. Tears streamed down my cheeks despite myself. They made me view of Derek blurry when he moved to sit on next to me.

“Dar,” he whispered, a hand on my shoulder, “what’s wrong?”

I opened my mouth to speak, but all that came out was a pathetic, choked sob. I practically threw myself on him, but thankfully he returned my desperate hug. My hands grabbed fistfuls of his familiar green and blue polo shirt and I buried my face into his neck.

“Stop crying,” he said in a soothing voice. “Please stop crying. It’s okay.”

“No!” My voice was muffled against his warm skin. “It’s not okay. It hasn’t been okay since you’ve stopped talking to me. I need you. I can’t do this by myself.”

His grip on me tightened. “I’m sorry,” he said, voice almost emotionless. “I’m so sorry.”

My hands moved to rest on his upper arm when I pulled back to look at him. I opened my mouth to say something but instead . . . I was kissing him, and he was kissing back.

I don’t know if it was me or him who started it, but I didn’t care. I pulled him close, close enough so that I felt his fast, rapid, pounding heart against my chest and my own heart. My hands were on his cheeks; one of his was knotted on my hair, the other between my shoulder blades.

God, I needed this.

It ended soon, though. “You stink,” he said.

I frowned. “I haven’t showered in . . . in a week.”

He drew in his bottom lip in a way that made him look devious yet still innocent. “We could take one.”

My frown turned into a smile again. He stood, taking my hand, leading me up the stairs to the bathroom, pushing the door open, and immediately dropping to his knees.

Just . . .

. . .not in the way I wanted.

The water in the bathtub was tinted red with blood, and Rena’s body was submerged in it. Her blond hair was pink, her wrists had deep cuts, as did her legs and breasts Her eyes, they were open, blank and unseeing.

My stomach lurched at the sight, threatening to send up what little food was in it.

I couldn’t think, couldn’t even breath. Everything seemed to slow down.

I was shoved from my thoughts when I saw Derek frantically shaking his littler sister’s corpse.

“Rena, no no no no no no. No!” Derek said, voice cracking on the last no. His hands and shirt were getting wet with the bloodied water. “Please, Sissy. You can’t do this to me! You can’t do this to me!” he shrieked.

I pulled him back, trying to calm him down, but he wouldn’t have it. He screamed, trying to worm his way out of my grip. “Let go of me, Daryl! Let go! She needs me!”

Even though he was trying his damnedest to get out of my grip, I kissed the top of his hair, a few of my tears falling into it. “You can’t do anything for her, Blondie,” I told him. It seemed like it was my turn to be the comforting.

He slammed his foot down onto mine, and I finally let go of him.

Derek didn’t run to Rena, no, he ran to the toilet and emptied the contents of his stomach into it. I looked away, sobs starting to shake through me harder than before.

It wasn’t until the toilet flushed and Derek sat next to the tub holding Rena’s hand did I think to call the police and Issac.

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
Kairi was terrified. She looked at the man in red standing in front of her. "Alex!" The red haired girl cried, hand on her chest as blood dripped out. That fight with Vita... It was too much. "Alex? Yuuno?" Kairi coughed up blood as the man was standing right in front of her. "Please, go away." The man leans down... and runs his hand through her hair.

"You're a fighter, kid. C'mon, I saw your fight with the loli. You can overcome this." He taunts as the world darkens in her eyes...

"HEY!" A voice says, kicking him away. Alex? She was hauled on to his shoulders, dashing away as the man stood up... and gave her a ****-eating grin. She tried to speak, but she blacked out.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
@Dylan - first person narrative FTW!! :)
I love writing Daryl in first person. It gives more room for him to be a sarcastic asshat and more of a chance for him to comment on Derek's silky, golden blond locks. Plus, if it was in third person, I couldn't have drifted off to Daryl wanting nothing more than to sleep with Derek while Derek's trying to talk to him.

"God, I want to **** him so bad. Oh, wait, he's talking? ****!"

More first person smartass narrative!

"What do you do for a living?" Keith asked, dabbing the gash on the side of my head.

I sell my body to dirty old homos. Twenty-five for a blow job, one-hundred for a ****. Twenty dollars more every extra hour they keep me. It's quite a nice job, really. Even if most of the guys that seem to be interested in me smell like year old milk.

"I help out older men with their personal needs," I answered.

There was a silence, and his pale, almost see through, eyebrows furrowed. "You work at the AIDS shelter for elderly men?" he said, sounding like he didn't understand what I was saying.

"Sure."

This twink is making me look like a damn saint. Praise the lord.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Uh...spoiler alert?
“Sorry, mom. We‘ve been a little busy.”

“Oh, it‘s alright, honey,” her mom replied, sounding content and like she was settling in to chat for a long while. “So, how is your trip going? Have you made any new friends? What‘s the lake like?”

Jenny stood there a moment, wondering how to answer that. Well mom, the trip’s been okay except bad things kept happening and Dee and I got drunk in Vegas. I nearly got mugged, but don’t worry because Marcus, this shadow man who’s been watching me for a while, saved me. Then things started to get creepy, but we made it to Tahoe in one piece, and met a really nice family called the Redferns. Julian (you know, that guy we tried to tell you about who kidnapped us at Tom’s birthday party?) crashed their party, and I nearly got eaten by a giant wolf, but Marcus saved me again so it was okay. The nine of us talked it out and decided we would figure out who the wolves were after, so we split up. Marcus and I got attacked again and Audrey and Michael are in a coma. Why are we getting attacked? Well, the Elders, the shadow men who are even older than Julian and Marcus, want us dead for beating them in the Games. So, we’re in lock down in the house until we can figure out who their after next. Oh, and I’m starting to question whether or not I actually love Tom or if I’m just using him as a way to keep Julian from attempting to claim me. Sounds like lots of fun fun fun, right? “Everything‘s going okay. We haven‘t met too many people, it‘s been a little cold so we‘re staying inside."

From Fear Itself chapter...um...nine, I think. The editted version that's yet to be posted. I took inspiration from phone calls with my Gran. >_> Make of that what you will.

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
I can't remember what the dialogue EXACTLY was, but it was from an old-ish story that was basically a rewrite of DMC4 with Dante captured by the Savior instead of Nero. It was when they were in the forest...

Nero looked at Red Queen, impaled in a tree behind him. Blue Rose wouldn't work, he always shot the bullets out of the sky. He picked up a stick and waved it in front of the elder man. "Don't come any closer." Dante held up his hands, mockingly.

"Ohhh, a stick. You've found out my one true weakness, kid."

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
If she’d paid attention to them, they would have made her slightly sad. Because the flowers, like people in general, would never know about the terrible things that went bump in the night as they continued on with their normal lives. They were like a beautiful display of Christmas lights, Jenny decided. Some were sparkly, some were brighter and more colorful than others, and some lasted longer than others, but they were all temporary and would eventually be gone. I’ve changed, Jenny thought, not pleased by that at all. I’ve changed and I’m in over my head and I don’t know where I’m going next.

“Are you alright?” he asked quietly.

“No thanks to you,” Jenny muttered without thinking.

Julian looked like she‘d slapped him. “What did you say?”

It was too late to take the words back and Jenny certainly wasn‘t going to apologize for them. “You heard me,” she said crossly. “Where were you? You said you were going to keep me safe, but you didn‘t. You weren‘t there to keep Meduine from trying to kill me. You weren‘t there to keep me from hurting my ribs. And you weren‘t there when I needed--when I needed you.”

There. It was out. She needed him…on occasion, anyway. And if he hadn’t known it before, then he was an idiot. Or…maybe she was for not telling him sooner. Granted, Marcus had long ago decided that both of them were insane and focused on getting dirt off his jeans as the circle fell.

A huffy silence fell between them, giving the air the slightly charged feeling that indicated a lover’s quarrel. But they weren’t lovers, Jenny reminded herself. Nope. Not at all. Not now, not ever. Not even considered…right?

Brand new Fear Itself stuff! :eek:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Monique Swart could count the number of times she'd physically encountered him. She hadn't seen him in a while - a long while - and her memory of his appearance had faded. Jack liked to show up in the most obscure of places, at the most unexpected moments.

Now she had just gotten home from a day at the park with her family, doing 'family' things which consisted of running after a Frisbee and trying to keep their dog from chewing it into a ball of ragged plastic. Her dark hair was a wind-blown mess, and her sweat-stained blouse was cold against her skin. She was a downright mess, and an exhausted one at that. All she'd done was coe into her room, thrown on the stereo and dropped onto her bed - and there he was.

Right outside her window. She could see him through the slit between her navy and voilet print curtains. The sun reflected oddly off his bronze head and strolled across his pale skin, almost like water rolling off a duck's feathers - it was there, but it seemed to bounce off him. As though the sunlight repelled from him.

Her first impression of him was the same it always was; just an ordinary boy who was anything but ordinary. There was nothing striking about his features, but at the same time his appearance was enough to make anyone stare. It had to be his aura. Monique never could quite figure out exactly what it was about his facade that gave her the idea he wasn't human, because she never was given the chance to. He was always gone before she could draw a breath of air, before she could blink. Always.

A frown sprawled across her forehead. He was still there.

She rolled off the bed and carefully stepped up to the window, dividing her curtains further with her fingers. She'd yank them away to get a better look, and he'd be gone. Jack liked to play these games with her; his little disappearing acts.

She felt the sturdy material in her hands, and slowly pushed the drapes apart.

The boy outside didn't vanish. Which, in the real world of sanity, would be a completely normal matter because people didn't just inexplicably disappear into the thin air. Monique stared so hard at him that she thought the glass might shatter under her piercing gaze.

This was new - and completely crazy. In the nineteen years that she'd known Jack, he'd never allowed her to face him straight on, to look him in the eye like she was now. Her belief that it was because her mind knew he wasn't really there, that he was a figment of her overactive imagination, flew out the window when a small smile raked across his pallor.

Monique opened her mouth to say his name, but her voice had abandoned her. She could do nothing but gape at him like an idiot. Some part of her mind acknowledged the fact that she ought to be afraid when he moved toward her. This wasn't normal. This wasn't right.

Her eyes bulged in her head as she watched him. He moved funny - not in a point-and-laugh way but in a -run-and-scream way. Like a distorted picture shifting out of focus; slightly to the left, then back in place - and he moved fast. He was right in front of her without her recalling how he'd gotten into her room, which had to have been through the wall... he walked through the freaking wall...

Something inside of her was screaming in sheer terror at the boy facing her.
Monique could put the surreal feel of the moment down as a nightmare of sorts, but she knew it was no nightmare. This was real. Which was disturbing, because Jack wasn't supposed to be real. He was her muse for her poetry throughout her teenage years, her best friend during her childhood years - but he wasn't real. He'd been imaginary.

Oooooh, the nostalgia. I remember writing this back when I was still a kid. I can't even remember what it was like being 19. And my room <3 I loved my room so much. Teh colourz, they were pruddy (and not the horrid pink and green my mother forced me to live in for the first 14 years of my life).

Good thing I'm scrapping this. Jack's description reminds me of Sparkle boy (he even has the goldy coloured eyes, which I neglected to repost here because it's an absolutely terrible example of how to describe someone's eyes).

And...I thought she was looking through the window. So why'd he walk through the wall? Wouldn't he have walked through the window? o_O Meh, who cares. /scrapped

Top Bottom