• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quotes From Your Own Works v2

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
'cause I can't be assed to spend more than ten minutes looking for my original one. So here ya go. =D

Put some funny, insightful, epic, or quotes you love for no particular reason from your stories--original or fan fiction ('cause I'm a giver like that)--here. If you feel warnings are needed go ahead and post 'em, along with what story or quote is from, and whatever else you feel is necessary for it.

All of these quotes are from my uber long, general fiction series. And my warning is that Daryl has a dirty mouth. And nose. P:

--
"I don't like Mickey," Daryl said.
"Why not?" asked Kaylynn. The scent of nail polish that wafted from her made Daryl gag.
"How can you like him? I mean, he's a ginger. He has no soul. And his name's Mickey. Like, what the ****? Who names their kid that?"
"Disney fans?" she offered.
He looked at her. "Whatever. I still don't like him."
--
Derek hated his make-out sessions being interrupted. Especially by his little sister yelling at him about his cat ate her fish. He supposed her could fling a bunch of innuendos at her about that, but he didn't think he'd fair well having his head stuffed into the oven at three-hundred-and-fifty degrees. He decided on settling with a simple "Sorry" instead.

--
"I don't like Xavier," Daryl said.
"Why not?" asked Kaylynn. She ran a brush through her hair. "I feel like we've had this conversation before. Somewhere . . ."
"I know, right? It's like deja vu." After a moment or pondering he shook his head and added, "What were we talking about?"
"How you don't like Xavier."
"Oh, right. So anyway, I don't like Xavier. His face ****es me the **** off."
"I wonder if it's because it's always buried in Drek's."
"No. No, of course not. That isn't even on the list of why I don't like his face." He lied.
"If you say so," said Kaylynn.
--
"What is a sixteen year old boy supposed to do on Friday nights?" Caty said.
Daryl and Derek exchanged a glance; they looked to Victor and said in unison, "Masturbate."
Victor chucked one of his drumsticks at them. They side stepped it and it bounced off of the wall, colliding with his own head.
--
Daryl pulled his hand away from his face, his eyes were wide and terror was written all over his face. His hand was covered in bright red blood and it still looked as though it was gushing from his nose. Derek was sure he was going to vomit on his boyfriend's shoes right then and there. His vision went blurry; his hand went to cover his mouth. "I'm gonna be sick," he muttered.
Daryl, chuckling, watched him rush off to the restroom. "It's fake, Blondie! C'mon, it tastes like strawberries! You love strawberries!"
Roza appeared from the hallway. "You weren't lying when you said he had a huge blood phobia. That was still a dick move."
Daryl shrugged. "It's Halloween. And this is my costume."

Not really funny or insightful or epic, but they're some of my favorites I have. Especially the second one. It makes me lol every time I read it.

Blitz

Heeeeey.
This one hasn't been posted...

"WHAT THE HELL???!?!?!?? You're keeping that thing?! Dad, it almost ate my TWO hands!", Dante yelled at the 'cute' hellhound Sparda brought from somewhere.

"But it's cute!*whispers* And tricky...", Sparda throwed it on Vergil's head.

The last image that the hellhound saw was the shine of the fresh sharpened Rebellion and Yamato, and the last sound was the sweet sound of two pistols...

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Here's a Tear Jerker quote, or Wangst. YMMV. This is Rena talking to Derek about a week before she kills herself. It's sorta long and might contain triggers/

"Just," Rena said, her tone sad. "Remember what it felt like when you broke up with Daryl and what it felt like afterward? Remember how obsessed you were with him, Bubba? Now imagine that he's food and it doesn't get better. Every single day, you think 'What can I eat what did I just eat I want to eat this now I am craving this food food food food'. Which goes against your other constant stream of conscience going 'Food is disgusting, I am vile, I should die, calories, fat grams, even thinking about food makes me fat'. You are fighting your own brain, all the time. You aren't in control of either of these thought streams. And you don't win. The voice telling you how fat and disgusting you are does.

"And then there's the depression. You smile when you're so black and hollow inside. No one can tell you you're sad, but when you look at yourself you see a soulless beast staring back. Then, when you try to think happy thoughts, such as 'what a pleasant day', well, that's strangely uncomfortable. Self-hatred and the desire to cease my existence has become my comfort zone. To even think I'm a tolerable person anymore is a sin that's going to send me straight to hell. And if I can distract myself with something trivial and stupid at least I know I won't go off and try to kill myself for a few days.

"And there's always this feeling I'm whining. About . . . about everything. 'Why am I whining so much? It's not like I've got any reason to, everything's set up in my favor. I'm such a worthless loser, I can't even get off my ass and stop feeling sorry for myself . . .' Everyone and everything around you is telling you that the fact that you're feeling so horrible is your fault, and if you had any guts you'd get over yourself and be happy again. But I can't do it, Bubba. I can't."

Meg

"Meanwhile she was debating whether or not she should just pretend she got knocked face first on the ground again."

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
"God. You are so stupid." Daryl threw a rock at the wall in frustration.
"I am not stupid!" Victor aimed to kick him but missed. He grunted.
"You're stupid enough to think you could murder a ghost."

Derek's phone buzzed loudly. With a groan, he snatched it off his night stand and brought it to his ear. "What do you want, Daryl?"
"Were you sleeping?"
"No. Of course not. No one ever sleeps at three in the morning. Of course I was sleeping, you moron!"

"He [Daryl] is such an ass," Julie complained. "Why?"
"He's on Satan's payroll," Derek said.

"Hey, Vic. Want to hear a joke?" Daryl asked.
"Sure, okay."
"Pussy."
Victor cocked an eyebrow. "Uh . . ."
"Pussy."
"I, uh . . . I don't get it, Dar."
"And you never will! Ha! You Goddamn hetero."

"Hey, Victor." Daryl took a seat at the lunch table next to his shorter friend. "I see the girls have forgotten you."
Victor looked around, confused. He pushed his hair out of his face and asked, "What girls?"
"Exactly."

Roza chucked her pen at Daryl's head. "You are such a slut."
"I'd rather be a whore than a bore," He said in a sing-song voice.

"My life is, like, a ****ing joke," Aaron mumbled, putting his face in his hands.
"Wanna know the worst part?" Victor said.
Aaron looked at him with sad eyes.
"It's not that fact that you screwed up with Julie or got some other girl pregnant."
"Then what IS the worst part?"
"It's a knock-knock joke."

"I've never actually heard of someone breaking their ass before."
"Shut up, Daryl!" Derek shouted.
"But really, Blondie. Did you put a crack in it?"
Derek's face was a red as a lobster.

"But who would actually want to create a brain-washer?" Roza said.
Daryl raised his hand. "Anyone who's seen me in tight pants."
"Or naked," Derek added.
"If they saw me naked, they wouldn't need a brain-washer, now would they? Think, Blondie. Think."

"Roza and Rachel. They broke up."
"Oh wow. You sure?"
"Yeah. It's, it's like Facebook official."
"Oh man, that's serious."
^ Daryl and Derek. The first person talking is Daryl.

"Hey, guys. How did the butcher introduce his wife?"
No one seemed like they were going to ask Daryl how. Derek, with an annoyed sigh, finally said, "How, Daryl?"
"Hey guys. Meat Patty."
"Hahaha."

"Morning, Little Mary Sunshine!" Luke said to Julie when she emerged from the hallway.
"Little Mary Sunshine died. I'm Little Mary Leave Me The Hell Alone."

"I don't know," said Victor, rubbing his stomach. "I have this belly but it's hard, not soft."
"That's called marbling, if you're talking about meat," Derek said in a matter-of-fact tone. "It's when the fat integrates with the muscle."
"That's cool."
"Yeah. You'd make a great steak."

Daryl took a step, then another, then stopped altogether. His hand squeezed Derek's. "What the **** was that?"
"What was what?"
Daryl took a few more steps and then stopped them again. "That!"
"What are you talking about?"
He took another ginger step forward. "Oh. It was just my other foot."

"It depends," Julie said.
"Your mom depends," Roza said, aggravated.
"Your mom WEARS Depends!"

"Don't mock my car, son. It's served us faithfully all these years, has it not?"
Derek rolled his eyes. "It's a car, Dad. Not an aging butler."

"Shall we say grace?" the woman asked. "Would one of you like to volunteer?"
Daryl raised his hand. She smiled at him. "Dear Lord, David Bowie's pants."
"Amen!" someone from the crowd shouted.
"Best. Prayer. Ever," Victor whispered.
Daryl looked at the woman and smiled. Man, she can go a long time without blinking, he thought.

Derek yelled at the same time as the murder victim in the movie dis. Everyone turned to look at him.
"There was a spider . . ." he said in a small voice.
Daryl put his arm around his waist and pulled him to sit on his lap. "Just step on it next time," he said, burying his face in his boyfriend's neck. "It's smaller than you."
He blew a piece of his bangs out of his eyes. "Oh yeah? So is a grenade." He grabbed Daryl's chin and forced him to look him in the eyes. "You kill it. Be my night in tobacco smelling armor."

"You're Jolene, right?" Daryl asked. "I know your boyfriend."
"I know your boyfriend, too," she said. Her tone told Daryl that it was meant to be an insult.
"You know Derek?" He mentally smiled at the surprised expression on her face.

"If you ****ing kill yourself," Daryl started, his voice shaking, "I am going to ****ing reanimate you and kill you again."
Daryl to Derek. It's not a funny scene, it's actually really serious. Which is why his voice is shaking.

"Why are you so pessimistic." Julie scratched her nose.
Daryl shrugged. "I was born that way. My blood type is B negative."

"God, he [Daryl] is so far in the closet he's practically in Narnia." Derek took an angry bite of an apple.
"Tell him to say hi to Aslan for me," Rena said.

"Look, man," Daryl said. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves. Being threatened with a damn knife by some guy in a ski mask in a dark alley wasn't exactly his idea of fun. "Do you really want to stab me? I mean, just look at your knife! It's so shiny and beautiful. If you stab me, I'll bleed all over it and it'll start to rust."

"You're killing me, Aaron," Julie said. "I hate people who kill me."

"Why do you have a plant, babe?" Derek asked.
Daryl looked at his plant. "I bought it on impulse."
Derek ears turned beet red. "Who buys a plant on impulse?!"
There was a long pause, then Daryl finally said, "I do, sir," and walked away.

There phone rung three times before someone finally picked up. "Hello?"
"Hi, Miss Lucas!" Julie said. "How are you?"
"I'm dying everyday."
She brought her eyebrows together, scrunching her nose. "I'm sorry?"
"I'm living, I'm getting older, therefore I'm dying everyday."
"I'm, uh, I'm very sorry to hear that, Miss Lucas."
"Thank you for your concern, Julie. I appreciate."
"No problem. Hey, is Victor there?"
"Yes, just a second."
A few moments later, Victor's voice greeted Julie's ear. "Hey, Jul."
"You're mom just told me-"
"She's dying. Yeah, I know. Yesterday she was on strike from cooking. I nearly burned the house down making Kraft Dinner. Don't worry about it."

"I don't understand kids. They all want to be older. And when you get older you want to be young again. I mean, look at me! Right now I would sell my liver for a nap and some apple juice."
"Dad," Derek said slowly, "you're only twenty-seven."

Yeah. I have a lot.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
1st draft.

"Where are you going?" a Baronian man sitting next to Joh asked.
Galen's heart missed a beat and his body went rigid.
"The Rockpool," Joh answered curtly.
"What for?"
"To send a message up to the Wosret," Joh said with a bite in his voice. "What else do you do at the Rockpool?"
"Skinny dip," a cool voice said, and then someone sank down beside Galen on the bench.
His eyes bore into the wood flooring at his feet - he couldn't muster the courage to look at the person beside him - but from the corner of his eye he could tell it was one of his own kin.
It was a strange feeling. He hadn't seen any of his people for so long that the sight of one was almost stunning. For a second, he could see his kind as all the others saw them - tall, thin and pale, with an unmissable icyness permeating from their being.
The Baronian stared dumbly back at the boy.
"The Rockpool isn't real, y'know," the Gemini added with a cold chuckle. "It's just a ploy for the Coorall to lure everyone else to their kingdom. Besides, if you think about it, what is interesting about a chunk of land in the middle of water?"
"Of course the Rockpool is real. It's our only way of communicating with the Wosret," the Baronian huffed.
The boy leaned forward with his arms crossed over his knees. "And you'd think someone would have gotten a message in reply by now," he said condescendingly.
"The gods are busy."
"The gods don't care about our pitiful wants."
"That's not true!" the Baronian spluttered, his round face turning a darker shade as he scooted forward to the edge of his seat, as though he was going to physically apprehend the Gemini.
"What are you going to ask them anyway, Argel?" the boy ignored the Baronian, turning his attention to Galen and Joh instead.
"For wisdom," Joh said tightly.
"I think someone else," the boy's eyes flicked to the Baronian and back, "will be better off asking for that. And you?"
Galen's breath stuck in his throat when the boy nudged him questioningly. He knew he would be taking a great risk. There were Baronians all over the place.
But this was his only chance.
He knew he was putting everything on the line. In a quiet voice and with brief eye contact with the boy next to him, he said, "For help."

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
From Mr. Monster (working title):

Dante just grinned. He couldn't help himself; p*ssing Vergil off was one of his favorite hobbies.

"I see you're still selling yourself to the same pathetic humans you've always surrounded yourself with," Vergil observed without his usual bite.

Dante rolled his eyes. "You had your doubts?"

"Whore," the man in blue shot back without missing a beat.

"Born and bred," was all Dante said.

Vergil looked like he might bash Dante's head into the desk as he wondered if his brother realized what that implied about their parents.

*About five minutes later*

Vergil restrained himself from rolling his eyes and, once again, realized that one day he was going to have to maim Dante. No one should be that smug or that much of a smart ass. He stood and, letting the fool continue to smirk to himself, headed for the door. As he reached it, Dante's 'hell in heels' comment went through his mind again. The elder son of Sparda's face went blank.

"Dante," he started slowly, "did you just call me a woman?"

Dante would've pretended to not hear him, but the glare his twin wore sent only one thought through his mind as he quickly reached for Rebellion. Crap, he was so screwed.

--

And from a random but of muselyness I just had to write out:

Dante rose an eyebrow. “But…dude, her hair looks weird.”

“Your mom looks weird,” Marcus shot back without thinking. The next thing the shadow man knew, Dante and him had gone out the window.

Kai sighed and pushed her knee-length hair from her face. Great...and she was going to have to fix that, too.
I lubs me my Marcus...even if he's a bit of an idiot at times. >_>

Btw, Dani, I have a question. Can we post bits from things we beta read, as well, or does that not count as out own quotes?

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
^ So long as you don't take credit for it (and if it's posted somewhere, link to it) I don't mind. And you're last quote reminded me of something from the...ninth, I think, chapter of the first book in my series.

"You are suck an asshole, Mickey," Daryl said. His face didn't betray any emotion, but Derek knew him long enough to know that Mickey was one wrong word away from having Daryl punching Mickey in the jaw.
"Your mom's an asshole," Mickey said it in a way that made Derek assume he hadn't thought about what he said. Clearly he should have.
It happened in a blink of an eye--Derek didn't even see it happen.
Daryl had Mickey up against a wall, arm pushing against his throat, his nostrils flaring. "One more time, Boyd. Say it one more ****ing time. I dare you."
Mickey, his face completely blank, said, "Your mom's an asshole, Holland."

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've lost all my writing so I can't post anything else up.
BUT!
Some of these I've beta'd for, others I haven't.
Sorry for not posting links to Shadow's work, I just took it from another favourite quotes thread.

"If I kill him do I get a cookie?"
- Marcus

Dante:"Took your time getting here."
Vergil: "My sincerest apologies, brother...I would have been here sooner, but you shot me in the head."

Dante: F*cking b*tches.
Trish: @Lady: Is Dante talking about us? @_@
Sparda: Has just blocked Nevan.
Dante: Hates his life.
Dante: @Vergil @Sparda: Why can't we ever just f*cking die?
Nero: @Trish: Why do you have a picture of my butt?
Trish: O_O Could die
- From Twitjournal
All of the above by Shadow ^_^

And then:

Dante: "Hum. Let's see. First off, I'd say you're definitely the baby on board under that shirt. Or could be I'm the baby you want on board. I sure hope so. Either way, I'm ready to be boarded or to hop on board. Say the word, and I'm there."
Vergil: "I believe Trish wishes you to be more literal in your interpretation of her message, though I am pleased you do demonstrate some wit in searching beneath the surface."
- And The Cradle Will Rock by Night Companion
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6280033/1/

"Oh, right," Dante replied mildly before granting a hard fist to Nero's request. Slammed to the ground with a jarring impact, he distantly heard Dante chide, "Bad demon. Bad demon. Naughty, naughty little devil. Down boy. You ballistic twit."
- Earthbound Flights of Fancy by Night Companion
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6056717/1/

And:

As she placed the last cloth, Dante let out a shaky breath that resembled something of a defeated sigh. Then the room grew utterly silent.
- Sweet Dreams are Made of This by EricDraven
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5721554/1/
*cries uncontrollably*

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Dani: ^^ Alright, thankies! *happy dances*

@Dante's Stalker: O_O Ohmigosh, you quoted me. *blushes uncontrollably and showers you in cookies and hugs* But, oh noes! D: I'm sorry about your writing! It's terrible when it vanishes. >_< *huglz*

Hmmm...quotes...quotes....
Oh! I got one. ^^

An awkward silence permeated the air and after a second the brunette added, “So…whatcha writing?”

“I’m…uh,” Dante thought for a moment, wondering why he felt like blushing. “I’m writing to my brother.”

“You’re brother’s a book?” she inquired dryly, attempting to lighten the mood.

Dante laughed. “About as useful as one, babe.”
From Anachronism. ^^ *has major lub for Billy*

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Two more.

"If you were my husband, I'd poison your coffee," Julie spat venomously.
Daryl cast her a look of indifference. "If you were my wife, I'd drink it. Now cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it."

"Babe, why are you so angry today?" Derek asked, scrunching his eyebrows together and frowning.
"Angry?" I'm not angry," Daryl said."Why would you think that, Blondie?"
"You just told the cat to go to Hell!"

I lied. I just found this one.

Daryl rubbed his pounding head. "I wasn't that drunk," he said quietly.
"Dar," Derek said slowly, "you were in the fireplace yelling 'Diagon Alley.'"

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I REFUSE TO LET THIS THREAD DIE, SCREW THE RULES, I'M DOUBLE POSTING D:

Rachel scribbled furiously in her notebook, writing whatever came to her mind. Every few moments she'd sneak a peek at their table, staring at Roza as she chatted with Daryl and Victor. Daryl smiled at Rachel like he knew something she didn't, all the while he elbowed Roza in the ribs. Rachel forced a shy smile at him before she looked back down, but as she was about to do just that Roza stood up. She started towards Rachel. The back of her neck burned, lighting up her face and ears. Roza took a seat opposite of her and smiled. God, it was so breathtaking.
"Hey you," said Roza, "girl I've been staring at all day, you should seriously ask me out. I'm pretty sure I'd say yes."
"W-what?" Rachel stuttered. "I mean . . . I mean, really?"
"Yup."
She swallowed the lump in her throat. "Um, would you, uh . . . would you like to go out with me?"
"I'd love to. Friday, seven, at the Century Thirteen theater?"
Rachel nodded, unable to help the smile that was forming on her lips.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, Vic!" Julie said, and the line clicked.
Victor sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Sometimes I almost wished I could hate you because it would make things easier for me. But I can't, so I've just gone on pathetically loving you and hoping that someday things could work out between us," he said into the disconnected line. He snapped the phone shut, placing it back on his desk, and rested his head on his arms.

"Hey, Roza!"
Roza looked around, but she couldn't her who had called for her in the large crowd of students pushing past her to get to the lunch line. Finally, she saw Marcus, waving to her.
"Yeah?" she said. "You wanted something?"
"I love you," he said.
"Seriously?"
"Seriously," he said.
"But I'm gay," Roza pointed out.
"I know, but I still love you."
She laughed, patting his shoulder. "Maybe in the future if you ever get tits we can make out."
He groped his chest. "Sounds like a plan!"

Victor kicked the wall. He couldn't stand watching Daryl and Derek make out and Roza and Rachel snuggle. "I am so ****ing ****ed!" he shouted. "We're supposed to be practicing, not shoving tongues down people's throats!"
"Who put a stick up your ass?" Roza asked, frowning.
"I swear to God, it wasn't me," Daryl said.
"He's just bitter because he's single," Derek said
"I . . . you . . . GRAH!" Victor chucked a drumstick at Derek, hitting the other blond square in the face.
"Ow! What the heck?!" Derek's hand moved from its place on Daryl's shoulder to his own face.
Before Victor replied, he noticed the death glare Daryl was giving him. Fear dropped into Victor's stomach like hot magma. "Ooooooooh ****," he said. "I shouldn't have done that." His icy eyes were wide. He tried to move, but his feet were glued to the ground.
"You have a three second head start, Vic," Daryl said, eyes narrowed into dangerous looking slits. He held three fingers. The first one went down, then the second, and as he was slowly lowering the last one Victor bolted.
Rachel laughed. "You weren't even going to do anything!" she said.
Daryl shrugged carelessly. "He's going to be walking on egg shells around me now because he thinks I'll do something."
"Um . . . ow!"
"Are you okay, Derek?" Rachel asked.
"It hit me in the eye," he complained.
Roza chuckled. Daryl soon followed suit, saying "I get it, Rosie." They were both silenced by glares from Rachel and Derek.
"Sorry," the two mumbled in unison.

Daryl: "I always thought it would take me a complete attitude adjustment for me to to do something like this. So . . . I guess you can call me brainwashed, because I've got a bouquet of anemone behind my back and a ring in my pocket."

Daryl: "If I can get into this dude's pants I could probably cure cancer, run a marathon, and build a rocket ship."
Derek: "All at once?"
Daryl: "That's what I was thinking, yeah."

Some random guy Daryl was hitting on: "What the **** are you?"
Daryl: "Polyamorous. Or was it polygamous? I don't remember. Oh! You didn't mean like that, did you? I'm awesome."

Victor: "You know those times when you're thinking really deep and hard and you don't realize everyone can see because you're just staring there and someone asks what's on your mind and you nearly say but then you LIE LIE LIE because the person who asked is the one you were thinking about or it's your buddies and you don't want to admit you were sighing over a girl in a completely clothed way and would look like a sap and you scramble for a reply but you can't think of anything because she's STILL THERE in your mind making your heart beat fast and you end up blurting 'toads!' instead and you don't know why because you're—um, she's not like a toad at all and your friends start calling you a space cadet because you just zoned out and . . . you know those times?"
Julie: "You did that about me?"
Victor: "No. I DO that about you. Julie, I love you."
Julie: "I . . . I know."
Victor: "'I know'? No, you don't. You don't have a single clue. If you had any idea how I feel about you, you'd jump into my arms and never let go of me."
Julie: "Vic . . ."
Victor: "Look, I just want to let you know I'm tired. I'm tired of fighting this. I'm tired of trying not to feel this way. I'm tired of picturing your face every time a romantic song comes on the radio. I'm tired of you being the last thing I think about every night as I drift off and the first thing as I get up. I'm tired of your slightest presence making me either deliriously happy or near terminally depressed. So reject me now, please, so I can get on with my life."

'kay, I'm done now. >.>

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
"I'm just as strong as you are," Mikael rapped out with a verocity equal to his mother's.
"Of course you are," Joe said.
"And as fast as you."
"Of course."
"And I have more stamina than you do."
"Well, I don't know about that..."
"I do."
"Of course, you're right. Carry on."
"Carry o- what? You think this is some joke? I can wipe you with a flick of my finger. Yeah, you don't have that kind of power, do you?" Mikael raged on, holding his hand up threateningly as though he was going to make good on his word right then and there.
"No, no, you're right I don't have that kind of power," Joe admitted casually.
"Then you should be showing me some more respect, being more powerful than you and all."
"Pfft, that'll be the day. Respect must be earned, squirt."
"Don't call me squirt! I'm your equal! Okay, how about I show you why you ought to fear me!" Mikael said and snapped his fingers.
Lightning and fire sparked forth from his hand like shooting stars, only too fast and too bright for the naked eye to follow. He never missed, and he knew he was right on target, but somehow Joe ended up right beside him as his power went crashing into the lake instead.
"How did you... I..." Mikael blinked, slightly disoriented as he glanced from his brother to the lake. Dead fish and marine life bobbed to the surface.
Joe thumped a fist lightly against the back of Mikael's head. "You embarrass me."
Mikael scowled. "I know the feeling."
"Clean up your mess, squirt."

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
^ Mix. <3

From Anachronism:
The half devil pulled bits of arachne webbing from his hair as he skulked into the lift, muttering about how much he hated spiders all the while.

This was all his brother's fault...and this time, he could prove it.

From Fear Itself:
Marcus: You can stop whining now, Your Highness.
Lines of black spread over his face like charred veins that burst open and into flame. Meduine's mouth opened in a silent scream as a large burst of energy exploded out of his decimated body.

The burst sent Jenny flying. She landed painfully on the sidewalk, wondering if it was her imagination that she'd thought she heard her ribs crack.

Jenny didn't get off the ground as the knife fell with a clatter onto the cool pavement. It was unmarred by blood or flame. A pair of shiny boots came into her line of sight; their owner knelt down beside her. She blinked in surprise when a green candy box was lowered in front of her. The girl tilted her head up, her green eyes taking in a pair of violet jeans, a black velvet jacket, and t-shirt before looking into Marcus' face. He was more cheerful then Jenny had ever seen him.

He shook the box slightly, "Mike and Ike?"

From When Worlds Collide by Mistress of Destruction (I beta'd this one):
It seemed as if the beast was somehow able to anticipate his moves, and that the ghost was also privy to the same information, perhaps through the beast that it was controlling. In either case, it quickly became obvious to Vergil that he was losing this battle. He made a final attempt to capture the vase, and found that a full retreat was in order as the infernal creature snatched the end of his coat in its jaws and began shaking its head, tearing through the material.

Growling in frustration, Vergil divested himself of his coat before the creature could inflict actual bodily harm, and immediately dodged as the animal realized its prey was getting away and leapt. Continuing to dodge, deflect and teleport as necessary, Vergil finally made it to the room's exit, and yanked the door open. In order to protect his pride, Vergil paused and snarled out, "This isn't over!" Then he slipped through the open door and slammed it behind himself, just as the creature flung itself against the door.
^Fangirl-like demon-hunting dogs ftw!

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Derek really enjoys threatening to throw people into rivers/lakes and I find that amusing.

"God can bite my ****ing ass," Victor said, kicking at the car's flat tire. He turned to Derek, who was leaning against the passenger door with his hands stuffed into his short's pockets, and added, "No offense, Mr. Catholic."

"I swear on my life, Victor," Derek said, his golden hair hung right above his eyes, casting a shadow over the narrowed pale brown slits. It made him, the self-declared pacifist, look like he was ready to rip Victor's head off at the drop of a pen. "If you say one more thing that gets on my nerves even the littlest bit, I'm going to toss you into a river and leave you there to drown."

"Daryl, Dar, babe, you know I love you, right?" Derek said.

Daryl rubbed the back of his neck, unsure of where this was headed. He wouldn't have thought Derek would tell him that he loves him right after Daryl had just finished poking fun at his bad mood he had today.

After a moment of silence, and Derek's death glare stabbing through him, Daryl finally answered with an uncertain, "Yes..."

"And even though I love you, if you don't shut the **** up, I'm going to tie cement blocks to your legs then drop you in a lake, okay?"

Derek smiled, and if it had been under any other sort of circumstances, Daryl's heart would have sped up and he would have smiled back. Right now, however, it made him swallow a large knot that had formed in the back of his throat. He nodded once, pretending to lock his lips with a key and proceeded to toss it over his shoulder.

Derek patted the top of Daryl's head. "Good boy, Dar."

"You're crazy, Jul," Derek said, pale eyebrows furrowing together.

Julie smiled hugely. "I may be crazy, but I'm crazy in love with--"

"Finish that sentence and you're going into the river."

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
My 'jackpot' moment with my brothers (in the sense that they FINALLY click!!! Stubborn buggers!:mad:)
Quote from The New Divide.

"Aren't you afraid?" Cailin asked and stepped away from the scene unfurling in gloriously gruesome horror outside the window. She turned around to face them.
Kevin was studying an aerial map of the region from the dingy couch in the corner, and Kyle was perched on the edge of the desk in the midst of reloading his rifle; both boys looked as battered and bloody as if they'd just been through hell itself. They were watching her with bruised yet determined black eyes. They shared a quick look with one another.
And, for once, they were on the same wave length.
"There is nothing to fear but failure," Kevin said.
"And failure is not an option," Kyle said as he replaced the magazine of his rifle with a secure and definite snap.

I know it's part of my sig, but it's one of the best quotes from my own work. Period. And that's saying a lot since I'm very rarely satisfied that any of my writing is up to my standards.
Damn standards!

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Daryl never fails to amuse/amaze me.

Daryl grabbed a Post-It note and pink Sharpie off of Victor's cluttered desk, writing down "Oral Sex Coupon -- $80" on the yellow square before sticking on to his chest. He made his way to Victor's kitchen taking long, graceful strides, hands shoved deep in his jacket's pockets. When he finally arrived to the small kitchen where Victor was currently making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for Daryl--Like the good, caring girlfriend that he is, Daryl thought with a goofy looking grin--he said:

"Hey, Vic?"

Victor turned around, eyes immediately going to the note on Daryl's chest. "Yeah, Dar?" he said, eyebrows upraised and hidden beneath his bangs.

"I've got a coupon for a blow job worth eighty dollars. How much would that get me?"

Victor's eyebrows lowered down to crinkle together as he gave Daryl an odd look. "From . . . from me?"

"Yeah."

"Um," Victor said, scratching the back of his neck with a butter knife. Daryl was sure that wasn't very safe, but he shrugged and waited for an answer. "I'll look at it, I guess."

Daryl peeled the paper off his chest and handed it to the blond and turned on the ball of his heels, heading back to Victor's room. "Okay, I'll go get a microscope!" he called over his shoulder.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
"What is it, Gally?" Newt inquired curiously, munching through the sandwich's crust.

Al mentally frowned. Not because of Newt's question, but because she was eating his sandwich. It was rude. Mainly because he had been intending to save it for later.

"It is a he, love," Al said, adjusting his lacey cuffs. He gave her an amused look as he added, "He's a demon."

A frown spread over Newt's face, wrinkling her brow. She shuffled her bare feet, swallowing the last bit of cheese sandwich. "He doesn't smell like us. Gally, he's not kin!"

Not waiting for a reply, Newt's usual long, ebony staff appeared in her hands and she positioned it over the boy like a spear. "I am going to wake him up."

From a random crack fic of mine, blending DMC and The Hollows series. Al and Newt are demons, by the way, and they're talking about Nero, who's passed out on the floor in front of them. Poor Nero. >_>

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Ila vs. Clark said:
Ila snarled angrily and slammed her head back, hitting Clark’s nose with a rather sickening crack. Clark released Ila’s arm and staggered back as her hands flew up to her face to stop the blood that was gushing from her nose. Ila sprang to her feet and charged once more, unleashing devastating attack after attack on the stunned bounty hunter. She threw an elbow to Clark’s gut one moment, a hard chop to her back the next, only to be finished when Ila dropped to her knees and swung her leg under Clark’s feet, sending the woman to the ground before she even had the time to wonder what in the Realms was going on.
“Am I trying hard enough now, Nichole?!” Ila demanded, leaping into the air to tackle her opponent. Clark caught Ila mid-tackle and sunk her knee into the purple-headed woman’s stomach as a response.
“That is the last time I give anyone a free shot.” She complained, her voice sounding slightly more nasal than normal, as she locked hands with Ila. “Now’s when the real fight begins, old friend.”
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN, ‘FREE SHOT’?!”

Ah, the anger! ^_^

Top Bottom