• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Put on your tinfoil hats.

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
CNctPjrWEAArIER.jpg

CNctPmyWcAAfB3O.jpg

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
what's with creativity these days, no sense of originality, the creators probably say devil may what now? and makes me think of a devil may cry game under ubisoft, must be one hell of an unoptimized game..

and Kat looks cute on that pic below.. somebody should arrange me a date with her..

absolitude

As much as I would love Kat to have a hidden blade, @Innsmouth's pic takes the cake.

I wouldn't really look to deep into the similarities between Kat and the girl on the cover.

Art often repeats after all. Even in Japan, Dante's look isn't very unique

dante's look is unique imo if we look at it in whole and not just the white hair in red and pretty face..

apart from the similarity with kat here.. drew from scalebound and some similarities in american comics and many other cases are doing this.. art often repeats itself isn't quite the word here, cuz some tend to did it intentionally for competition, and making bucks out of it.. and i find that really annoying..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
dante's look is unique imo if we look at it in whole and not just the white hair in red and pretty face..

apart from the similarity with kat here.. drew from scalebound and some similarities in american comics and many other cases are doing this.. art often repeats itself isn't quite the word here, cuz some tend to did it intentionally for competition, and making bucks out of it.. and i find that really annoying..
I don't think thats the case because actually my pic is early concept of Morrigan from DA, which was made before DmC, but I doubt NT just "stole" Bioware's art.

absolitude

I don't think thats the case because actually my pic is early concept of Morrigan from DA, which was made before DmC, but I doubt NT just "stole" Bioware's art.

that's why i said apart from the similarity with kat, from the asscreed comics.. and i added -of other cases- some of them are doing the similarities intentionally.. i'm not talking about kat anymore, i'm talking about those practices are there --being unoriginal with designs..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
that's why i said apart from the similarity with kat, from the asscreed comics.. and i added -of other cases- some of them are doing the similarities intentionally.. i'm not talking about kat anymore, i'm talking about those practices are there --being unoriginal with designs..
Those cases are rare because honestly nobody want to be accused of plagiarism

absolitude

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
plagiarism is different than being un-original.. and in some cases, the creators don't mind it, maybe since they find it fun doing that to eachother themselves.. but i find it annoying, cheap, and ofc un-original

http://whatculture.com/comics/20-comic-characters-total-rip-offs‏.php/8

i find that annoying, and i'm not even into american comics..
I don't think its that bad :D Look at Deadpool and death stroke :) They both cool and badass chars. Deadpool is probably weirdest and bizarre mercenary in comics. Deathstroke is probable one of the most badass villains in DC who sometimes shows his human side besides being one of the most dangerous humans in DC universe

absolitude

I don't think its that bad :D Look at Deadpool and death stroke :) They both cool and badass chars. Deadpool is probably weirdest and bizarre mercenary in comics. Deathstroke is probable one of the most badass villains in DC who sometimes shows his human side besides being one of the most dangerous humans in DC universe

lol and there, that too.. fandom would be okay with it too since they also think it's fun seeing it like that, the way the creators do --but if you read the descriptions, deadpool was having the same tone as deathstroke in early stage..

the same thing goes to drew from scalebound and those 'suspiciously' similar characters in bayonetta with DMC, fans will think it's fun seeing that.. but i can't, i can't accept that, maybe i'm still too much of an idealist, which actually is not a good way to live..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
lol and there, that too.. fandom would be okay with it too since they also think it's fun seeing it like that, the way the creators do --but if you read the descriptions, deadpool was having the same tone as deathstroke in early stage..

the same thing goes to drew from scalebound and those 'suspiciously' similar characters in bayonetta with DMC, fans will think it's fun seeing that.. but i can't, i can't accept that, maybe i'm still too much of an idealist, which actually is not a good way to live..
I don't remember any "suspicious characters in bayonetta except Jubeleus concept compared to Savior. Also I dunno if Drew will bear muh similarity to Dante or nero except his appearance. By that logic you can say like I said that Nt ripped off Morigan original concept

absolitude

I don't remember any "suspicious characters in bayonetta except Jubeleus concept compared to Savior. Also I dunno if Drew will bear muh similarity to Dante or nero except his appearance. By that logic you can say like I said that Nt ripped off Morigan original concept

then you should go check the scalebound thread again, i'm using your words 'suspiciously' similar character with DMCs, i don't even remember the names you mentioned.. and thread did start with similar appearance with kat, so i dont think it should be more than appearance when we're talking similarity..

and lol by all means, you could say NT ripped off morigan, am i supposed to object that statement? i'm still annoyed with unoriginality you know

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
then you should go check the scalebound thread again, i'm using your words 'suspiciously' similar character with DMCs, i don't even remember the names you mentioned.. and thread did start with similar appearance with kat, so i dont think it should be more than appearance when we're talking similarity..

and lol by all means, you could say NT ripped off morigan, am i supposed to object that statement? i'm still annoyed with unoriginality you know
um being based on something doesn't mean unoriginal. Yeah Baldr role was very similar yet Baldr was much cooler than Sanctus. It doesn't matter what you base on something , it matter only how it turns out in the end.

absolitude

um being based on something doesn't mean unoriginal. Yeah Baldr role was very similar yet Baldr was much cooler than Sanctus. It doesn't matter what you base on something , it matter only how it turns out in the end.

in kamiya's case, i think he's intentionally unoriginal, he could be making playing with capcom like "see what i'm doing here capcom?"

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So when the comic comes out and we get more screenshots of her, we might Get more of a look at her so we can see how much she has in common with Kat.

I think it might just end up being a similar source in European fashion because the main character of Republique looked like Kat when I saw a screenshot of the game.

I don't necessarily find it a problem that she is based off Kat as its a sign people like her.

Imitation is a form of flattery after all.

absolitude

and if you look closely, you could see a dante like figure in the background, if you can't see it, well you can't limbo yet

Top Bottom