• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pros & Cons: Digital Downloads

If you could only choose one, which type of purchase would it be?

• Physical

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Downloadable

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

The Final Offer

@The Final Offer
You collect comics right ?

If you do then tell which feels more rewarding.

A. Holding that very 1st appearance of DeadPool in your hands

Or

B. Downloading that 1st appearance of DeadPool.

Oh & i think signed copies of physical issues are worth more than the digital download.

I don't collect comics.

But what feels most rewarding...

Downloading it is much more safer and posting the entire comic onto a HDTV for me and my friends to read is much more rewarding.

Signatures are different...and if you somehow got it signed, then you're going to have to find someone who's going to want to buy that signed copy for the price you're asking. That's what makes that signed product argument interesting and yet very much like gambling.

Now let's say that you upped the price of the signed producted. When they go online they have two options, get the signed copy that may or may not be valuable or get the downloadable copy for that same entertainment. This all depends on WHY you're shopping. To try to make a profit or for the content inside of the product.

The Final Offer

If the terms & service agreements remains the same then i doubt it.

Terms and service agreements are there to make sure people don't go off and try to make their own voice dubs and resell their product after copying it onto a disc. So when you buy a physical videotape or a dvd or whatever form of entertainment, it clearly states you cannot tamper to resell the product as your own property or you'll be fined when caught.

It is, their hard work, their money, and their resources that got the product to you in the first place.

The Final Offer

@The Final Offer
It's different when you're a collector.
Posting it on an HDTV is not the same, it's not even close lol.

Downloading Batman 1st appearance in Detective Comics #27 (May 1939) if possible & posting it on an HDTV would feel like getting a forth place trophy to me lol.

What am I supposed to say to that? I want my content saved and available in the future. I don't want a SINGLE chance to get it right.

You see, all I gotta do is walk up to you while you're reading your comic and splash orange soda onto your comic book. You're done. No more comic books.

You have to go through so much **** to get to my content and when you do, I have it saved elsewhere! I have unlimited tries compared to physical things. I rightfully own my content and the folks I bought it from have it saved there as well. All I have to do is log in and access my profile and get my comic.

Trust me, experiencing a comic book with your friends on a huge television is pretty darn awesome. Used this method three times with Age of Ultron.

The Final Offer

That's for physical, digital the terms & services agreement is slightly different in that it says the provider of the digital content can do whatever whenever they want without notifying you or refunding your money.

I saw that and I also noticed that there's a loophole in that agreement that lawyers can use to sue. Either way, they can't just up and take your game away and that's never happened before. Unless they actually are physically at your home deleting your game, they can't do anything.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
All the pros outweigh the cons to digital gaming.
Can't say the same for physical copies.
The only con i can think for physical copy is that its not as easily available that's it! you don't need to worry about deleting and re-downloading your game you'll always have a copy physically on a DVD.
There are people saying that they want to pay more just to hold a disc in their hands or on their shelves?
Why not? i'd gladly pay extra premium for a physical copy... i just like to physically "own" things and plus i hate HDD clutter.

The Final Offer

The only con i can think for physical copy is that its not as easily available that's it! you don't need to worry about deleting and re-downloading your game you'll always have a copy physically on a DVD.Why not? i'd gladly pay extra premium for a physical copy... i just like to physically "own" things and plus i hate HDD clutter.

Hey that's all great and golden, Pro digital gamers know that Rome wasn't built in a day.

I can, however, inform you that the whole clutter issue is not there on PSN. When you download a game to your console whether physical or digital, you still use memory. It's still the same function and with the PS4, I can pre load my digital games and play them the moment they're available which is at 12am. So, people will be in line in the snow or rain or just the cold for COD to release at 12am whilst I'm at home eating tacos waiting for that clock to strike 12 so I can play it.

So what is that? An hour or two headstart on my friends? Comfort? More sexy time?

Now let me go ahead and say this, I'm not trying to get anyone to say they want digital more than physical. I'm just here to inform exactly what I've been experiencing for the past few years and how it's evolved since then.

-Waves his physical copy of DmC around.-

"Oh this pretty gem here..."

-Hands it to his brother-

"Here you go bro, I got it for free through PS Plus."

Maxman

Physical Copies of course

Digital Downloads and its annoying shenanigans , I really hate it when Steam buttfucks me by resetting my downloads sometimes , plus, with Physical Copies I don't have to worry about Some Publisher getting Buttmad and pulling off the game from Digital Storefronts when I wanna buy them later , *cough* Deadpool *cough* *sneezes*

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
.Well its still cluttering your HDD and that's never a good thing you'd eventually you'll have games taking up 8GB+ space and you'd rarely even play them and not to mention some of the games even have appdata.
Well cluttering physical space isn't that much better to me. I think i really need to follow advise and buy some boxes. :/

Maxman

Really ?
Resetting your downloads ?
Why?

And No DeadPool ?
Yeah, Steam has this annoying issue sometimes when it resets my download after restarting my PC because I was forced to turn it off for some reasons like, power cuts or overheating, forcing me to salvage my download by using a trick

And regarding No Deadpool, Yes, Game is no longer on Digital Storefronts thanks to Activision losing Marvel License
With Physical Retail Copies I don't have to worry about the goddamn game i wanna buy later to be pulled off just because some Publisher with their annoying Licensing Shenanigans

The Final Offer

But understand i'm not against digital anything
I'll watch anime online because there's large anime libraries on the web at my finger tips.
And that is absolutely just AWESOME!!!!

1. But i can't just download them even if i wanted, there is no option to do so.
However i'd still want the DvD Blueray.

2. Anime websites have been pulled & closed because of copyright laws in that country even though the episodes are 6yrs old Certain Anime websites shutdown.
That just adds to the fact that digital content is controlled by someone else.

DEADSPACE2
I couldn't play it because the downloaded content i had was corrupted........Okay delete the corrupted saves & re-download the content.

Well i couldn't find all the downloadable content i had so re-downloaded what was there & tried playing & it wouldn't let me play & said there's downloaded content missing or corrupted.

How was it missing when i re-downloaded everything.
So i had to delete everything & restart DEADSPACE2 from day1

Yeah man that sucks. I mean, memory is corruptible no matter what physical or digital. With the Sony consoles I've never EVER lost any progress in a game nor saw a corrupted file that was unresolvable.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think it was just a whole "Why these people aren't responding" type of thing. They've already said their peace about it. So no one needs to feel offended.

Except me....just played Destiny and wtf happened to PvP? I guess the exotics are there to ruin the experience with their silly perks and unbalancing the game to all hell. For those of you that don't have Destiny and are planning on getting it. Save your Strange coins for the game breaking PvP exotics.

With that being said, I have no other choice, but to go full blown COD. I can't take the lack of balance in Destiny anymore. It's time to move on.

Oh right! Something on topic. Well...umm....VIDEO GAMES SON!
Ewww you got Destiny? Gross. :vomit:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You're joking right? That game is still enjoyable, but hey maybe playing it for a few hours gave you some perspective of how it's gross...somehow.

When you got Halo over here trying to be Call of Duty.
I played for a bit at a friend's place and it was pretty boring. Also, the game is one of the most unimaginative games out there. I mean, sure Bungie was never the most creative bunch out there. After all, they made Halo which is just Ringworld for dummies with the war between spartans and persians thrown in the mix, but it at least has enough personality to hold its own for about 3 games before it became stagnant.

Destiny is like typical sci-fi fare. So bland and so little creativity it's pretty pathetic. The worlds are basically dead and for about 5 alien races there is very little variety.

Plus, I find it funny they probably went through a lot of trouble getting Peter Dinklage for the most phoned in performance ever. It's like he got really annoyed with Bungie's fan mail for work in Game of Thrones that he was like, "I'll read your stupid video game script if it makes you leave me alone. But I'm also gonna fill every word with hate".

Destiny is all the repetitive boring of Borderlands but without the personality. Destiny made me defend Borderlands and I hate those games, but at least they had this somewhat interesting world with neat comic book visuals.

Maxman

Yeah, just for the record... I also hate Destiny. It's just not suited to my tastes.

Plus, it just reminds me in the end that more and more games are putting too much focus on online multiplayer... and I hate that.
pssst, @Zer0 , its okay, you have Max Payne <3
You can cry on my shoulder nao , no problem, *runs off to get a towel*

or you know, if ya wanna tag along, we can meet on Payday The Heist :p

The Final Offer

Yeah, just for the record... I also hate Destiny. It's just not suited to my tastes.

Plus, it just reminds me in the end that more and more games are putting too much focus on online multiplayer... and I hate that.

Meh just streamed Destiny. The game is still good until COD returns in my case. I'm not with that raid bulls***. I'm all for the competitive multiplayer.

Just tried out Lords of the Fallen and Evil Within through Shareplay, aside from the resolution taking a hit, the feature is now the best thing I've ever gotten for free through PSN. I don't have Lords of the Fallen nor do I own Evil Within, my friend does and he allowed me to play them....and embarrass myself. It's crazy fun when someone's there laughing as you get chainsawed through the ribs.

Up next is going to be UFC. We're going to see how well this Shareplay works. This s*** is another step in the right direction for gamers. No more demos when you got Shareplay.

Top Bottom