• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Potential Leak] Devil May Cry V

berto

I Saw the Devil
Because it's the most valuable one.
I can't say I agree with this. Nobility, strength of character, an indomitable will, perseverance. I think those are far more important than longevity, specially if you are dedicating your life to fighting hell itself.

It's only spoiler because I wanted it to take up less space.
Being able to not die, or live for millennia is something that to mankind, is far more sought out than having inhuman physical abilities because of the atavic fear of death.
Yes, but Dante faces death on a regular basis. The possibility of death is always a constant, either way, so it's not a matter of appeal. We know he can die in combat and, I'm assuming, so does he.

And mankind has always seen mortality as what separates them from the supernatural entities they invented, be it gods or demons, and the most negative aspect of being a man.
Personally I don't consider mortality a negative but more to the point, yes, mortality is something that we associate with being human but Dante and Vergil are not just human, they are also otherworldly. They possess traits that remove them from the laws of nature and men and for there to be only a single one, such a glaring one, when there are so many others that are intact is disproportionate. If there were other aspects that he didn't inherit or were diminished I wouldn't find it so disjaring.

Therefore, I really can't see how it's so illogical that in a fantasy piece of media, the drawback of being a half human half demon is not being immortal or able to live for as long as a demons.
Because there are no others. They are more powerful than their father, at least Dante has been said to be, they rival him in almost all aspects, but they don't get his long life. If we knew that Sparda had superhuman strength, that that's something they went out of their way to point out, and Dante had inherited everything else, including longevity, but not that I'd be equally displeased and calling BS on that because there is no reason for just one single trait to be excluded.

Since the beginning of times, such hybrid concept has always meant that the human half is the one to bring up the negative aspects of being a halfbreed.
Not always. Dhampirs, for example, can walk in the sun. Not comfortably and they do need to be buried alive since they're prone to heat strokes in some myths (not at all in others).

And humans only have one major negative to bring to the table: mortality, or a short life. Whereas the supernatural part is the one that brings the positive aspects. Which are obviously the enhanced physical abilities.
Such as with Heracles, who was granted immortality by the gods, not born with it, and nephilim only lived for 100 years or so in time when men lived up to 900 years of age, according to the bible, yes, but that is also not always the case. Half elves have been portrait as immortals and so have dhampirs at times (well, except for Blade but he has his own mythos to the point he isn't called a dhampir). And in the cases where they are not immortal they certainly poses an enormous lifespan.

Longevity aside, when these half breeds inherit traits they were all water down in some way shape or form. Half elves weren't as majestic or skilled, half vampires were sometimes said to be kinda just regular people with a few extra abilities, nothing compared to a vampire, and Heracles pretty much only inherited beauty and godly strength. Most of these cases are, at best, 50% of noticeable attributes. Here, though, it's odd that a half breed would inherit 99.9% of his father's attributes.

It's really nothing new and it's a pretty common thing that's been kind of a staple in fantasy for a hella long time.
If it were a concept from a Western source I'd be more inclined to believe it, it's the case with Blade, the most relevant and close example to this topic, but Japan has less attachment to these themes and tend to go where they will. YuYu Hakusho, InuYasha, Vampire Hunter D, Castlevania, Chrono Cross, Shakugan no Shana, KyoKana, Darkstalkers, Shin Megami Tensei, OniMusha, and I guess even Disgaea, all have very distinct versions of how their half human characters operate, and a lot of these have basis on western myth.

But I guess if you really find it that illogical, there's nothing I can say that can make you see it in a different light. So I'll agree to disagree, we both said our piece.
If you wish.

And besides, if you really wanna get technical, even in real life it's not uncommon that a hybrid of two species lives less than its parents. Just saying. XD
Are you talking about ligers, mules or even zonkies? Yes. Sometimes they're even steryl. These particular hybrids, from what I understand, all suffer from a number of health issues and tend to be sickly animals. Not sure it applies here since Dante hasn't shown any rapid aging and even without it wouldn't he be dead by now? He is around 40 and isn't showing signs of slowing down.

Well technically it's a spelling error not a grammatical one. And I hardly went nuts over it. If I had, I would have been way more sarcastic, LOL.
My understanding of grammar police was that they pretty much went over all forms or errors related to writing, including grammar, spelling, vocabulary and any improper use thereof. For example, using the word literally wrong will get 10 to 15.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
tumblr_p09wfb1hxi1tkbftlo1_1280.jpg
:whistle:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Hmmm this may SOUND legit, but I don't believe it.

This was just like those Justice League leaks for the film before it even came out about how the plot would be. And then it ended up being nothing like it was in the actual film. So I have that same hesitant feeling here.

I don't believe this for a second actually. I think this is all some very detailed and integrated wishlist of what DMC5 would be from a fan's perspective. Also notice how there is barely a thing about DmC, despite Capcom seeming to still refer to New Dante every now and again (MvC Infinite skin and all) wich also gives me the feeling that this is just what a fan wants to be in DMC5. Also I don't believe in that "this will be a personal story and Dante will act more quiet" bit. Capcom don't know how to get a grasp of Dante when it comes to serious moments, so for them to have him be a little more serious here is suspicious.

Anyway, I'll wait and see what comes out of all this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Do you think this game will reveal Nero's origins? Like how Vergil met his mother?

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
Based on the Leaks Vergil will Confront Nero they have to explain his past .
, plus (End of Sons of Sparda Saga ) ???

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The game being referred to as the end of the sons of sparda saga might be a sign that its a fan wishlist.

Or it could capcom trying to be clever with the marketing.

It's anyone guess.:whistle:

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
Didn't the leak also predict SoulCalibur VI?

Because they did announce that:

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure if this leak was the one that predicted it specifically.
I recall somewhere someone predicted both DMCV and SCVI, my apologies. ;;

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Didn't the leak also predict SoulCalibur VI?

Because they did announce that:

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure if this leak was the one that predicted it specifically.
I recall somewhere someone predicted both DMCV and SCVI, my apologies. ;;

I just hope the show DMC today or tomorrow & 10th.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Rumors are getting ridiculous, and so are the expectations.
V.jpg

All over the internet people are really scraping to get info and even when the 'leak' clearly states that they will more likely not be showing the game off tonight people are extra excited, more so than any other 'leak' or hint on the matter. If it doesn't happen tonight, anything, even just a logo, people are going to be p***ed.

I have to admit I am also really hoping for something and as much as I'm trying to hold back my expectations I can't help but want to really get something, anything, tonight.

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
We may get nothing tonight but I am getting increasingly suspicious that DMC 5 is at the very least in development somewhere.

IDK if the leak was legit but it's starting to feel like there's too much smoke for there to not be a fire.

Top Bottom