• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible DmC 2? NT's "new announcement"

• Thread starter Deleted member 25469
  • Start date

Frazz

General gamer
In terms of the future of the franchise I say as long as I can kill demons with a sword and can have fun hooray! As much as I like the technical combat of DMC3 I also like the enjoyment of DmC because it is less technical so I'm indifferent. As to NT's game I think it is HS2 as the ps4 announcement featured Tameem and HS was shown as a picture so I guess that is where they are going in terms of work.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Sega have given them Streets of Rage :3 (like hell... plus, I don't know what made me think that...)

I don't think I want DmC2 announced this soon... it'll just turn the series into a conveyor belt title, one released, one in development.

Frazz

General gamer
Sega have given them Streets of Rage :3 (like hell... plus, I don't know what made me think that...)

I don't think I want DmC2 announced this soon... it'll just turn the series into a conveyor belt title, one released, one in development.
I agree but I do also think that if they made a AMAZING 1:00 trailer and said release would be 2015 then I'd be cool with it :)

What about the RE7 rumour folks? What would you say if they announced that?

D

Deleted member 25469

One of THE things that I have missed the most in this game has been the Turbo Mode. I definitely want it to return in all future DMC and DmC installments.

I wanted it so badly that I made a Turbo Mode mod for the PC version of DmC.
http://dmcmods.com/2345-turbo-mode

Frazz

General gamer
One of THE things that I have missed the most in this game has been the Turbo Mode. I definitely want it to return in all future DMC and DmC installments.

I wanted it so badly that I made a Turbo Mode mod for the PC version of DmC.
http://dmcmods.com/2345-turbo-mode
Weirdly enough I did not feel withdrawal from turbo... probably because I just go like TORNADO!!! at every point there is more than 2 enemies on screen :)

D

Deleted member 25469

Weirdly enough I did not feel withdrawal from turbo... probably because I just go like TORNADO!!! at every point there is more than 2 enemies on screen :)
That's the thing though, I DIDN'T use Turbo mode in earlier DMC titles. I goofed around with it and didn't use it much because it made the physics look silly (fell too fast, etcetera).

DmC is a little bit slower than DMC4 and I can really feel the difference.

SPARTAN-999

! FIGHT LIKE A MAN SCUM !
I dont think it will be announce this soon but if it is i would be very surprised
CUZ CAPCOMs number 1 dream is money over quality

D

Deleted member 25469

I don't think UE3 to UE4 is such a big step in dev training costs, so maybe they'll just make it nexgen/PC.

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
I hate to be the Debbie downer but I highly doubt its "DmC2." Its way too soon to announce that. DmC released January of this year not even three full months ago. To announce the second one this soon would be absurd. It might possibly be DLC or a completely different title for PS4 though. Nevertheless, I'm pretty excited to see what it is.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I hate to be the Debbie downer but I highly doubt its "DmC2." Its way too soon to announce that. DmC released January of this year not even three full months ago. To announce the second one this soon would be absurd. It might possibly be DLC or a completely different title for PS4 though. Nevertheless, I'm pretty excited to see what it is.

Yea, especially when you consider how it isn't selling any where near their standards.

They may take a year or so to rethink their strategy before going on with the series.

I would expect news of a new DMC game next year.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yea, especially when you consider how it isn't selling any where near their standards.

They may take a year or so to rethink their strategy before going on with the series.

I would expect news of a new DMC game next year.
Maybe even longer. The only company I know to make a quick announcement about a new game was Ubisoft with Assassin's creed 4. It's only been a few months since 3 was out but already they have made a teaser trailer for 4.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Maybe even longer. The only company I know to make a quick announcement about a new game was Ubisoft with Assassin's creed 4. It's only been a few months since 3 was out but already they have made a teaser trailer for 4.

Well it depends on whether they will have actual footage or just announcement news.

If it was actual game footage than a year would be to short.

But for just a announcement and nothing else than I would say a year is still very likely.

D H

Somehow really doubting a DmC 2 announcement less than 3 months after DmC's release when factoring in that DmC sold around 650,000 retail, making it the worst selling Devil May Cry title, and under shipped by 800,000. Capcom is going to take their sweet time in thinking about where to go from here (as they should... 20 to 50 million isn't any small investment).

And no, just because I'm saying no DmC 2 doesn't mean I'm saying Capcom will go with Devil May Cry 5. Releasing a sequel to a series without an entry for 5 years already and 8 years (meaning Original Dante wouldn't have been a protagonist for over 11 years by this point) by the time they get a title out the door would be about as misguided as releasing a title for an underselling title so soon. The door for Devil May Cry 5 was shut the moment they decided to reboot. I mean, unless Capcom decides to actually market the game. But even then Devil May Cry 5 would be a tough sell since they've stated time and time again that they didn't want to go that direction and now many would see Capcom going back to a DMC 5 as them caving in and selling out.

Basically, we'll probably get a low budget DmC 2 that is much closer to the original series than what reboot fans want enable to recapture old fans, but still not what old fans want meaning it will meet the same reception that DmC did. If we get anything at all.

I just depressed myself.

Jane Sweetbee

Somehow really doubting a DmC 2 announcement less than 3 months after DmC's release when factoring in that DmC sold around 650,000 retail, making it the worst selling Devil May Cry title, and under shipped by 800,000. Capcom is going to take their sweet time in thinking about where to go from here (as they should... 20 to 50 million isn't any small investment).

And no, just because I'm saying no DmC 2 doesn't mean I'm saying Capcom will go with Devil May Cry 5. Releasing a sequel to a series without an entry for 5 years already and 8 years (meaning Original Dante wouldn't have been a protagonist for over 11 years by this point) by the time they get a title out the door would be about as misguided as releasing a title for an underselling title so soon. The door for Devil May Cry 5 was shut the moment they decided to reboot. I mean, unless Capcom decides to actually market the game. But even then Devil May Cry 5 would be a tough sell since they've stated time and time again that they didn't want to go that direction and now many would see Capcom going back to a DMC 5 as them caving in and selling out.

Basically, we'll probably get a low budget DmC 2 that is much closer to the original series than what reboot fans want enable to recapture old fans, but still not what old fans want meaning it will meet the same reception that DmC did. If we get anything at all.

I just depressed myself.
650,000 is for the first month, i guess DmC sells over 1million now.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

I just depressed myself.

They never said DMC5 wasn't a possibility, and even expressed interest in doing annual development of both DMC and DmC. The only time they ever said they "didn't want to go that direction" was because at the time they wanted to make something different. That doesn't mean there was a desire to never return to form.

--------------------

I'd be more worried of Capcom announcing a DMC5, because at this stage in gaming communities, people would instantly see it as their project because they clamored for it so often. They'd want so much input that they should never rightfully be given, and it would just...I dunno...it'd make them feel like they can get exactly what they want if they insult, berate, and complain long enough.

If they did make a DMC5, I'd want it to be a finale, not a continuation. At least on Dante's part, the guy should rest, his stories have pretty much all been sung, and it should make way for game's dealing with Nero, or inevitably a Sparda or Vergil game. They could also easily make at least another DmC title, since it was wrapped up in such a way that there's plenty of directions they could take it, and the first's story was good enough as a launching point that they could take advantage of telling an actual consistent story.

I'm pretty much happy with whatever they might come up with, but...that's just me.

Top Bottom