• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible DmC 2? NT's "new announcement"

• Thread starter Deleted member 25469
  • Start date

Onecrazymonkey1

I wonder, though, if it really is DmC2, how much will NT try and meet the fans' expectations, and especially if they will try and take the rebooted story on a course that somehow follows the old series. I personally hope not, I would like this storyline to be as much independent as possible because I think NT made a good job so far, but I don't know what the majority of the fanbase thinks...

I agree because I don't want the same old thing. If that is the case than what is the point of the reboot honestly? They can save the same old formula for a DMC5 really but DmC should be something different. I even wish it was more different than what we got already.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I agree because I don't want the same old thing. If that is the case than what is the point of the reboot honestly? They can save the same old formula for a DMC5 really but DmC should be something different. I even wish it was more different than what we got already.
Like blue hair?

D

Deleted member 25469

I wonder, though, if it really is DmC2, how much will NT try and meet the fans' expectations, and especially if they will try and take the rebooted story on a course that somehow follows the old series. I personally hope not, I would like this storyline to be as much independent as possible because I think NT made a good job so far, but I don't know what the majority of the fanbase thinks...
I would like for them to do their own take on the same general thing (in very broad terms). It allows them some creative freedom while also being able to capitalize on nostalgia. It'd bring me a smile at least!

As I see it, they should try and meet the fans' expectations as much as possible without throwing away what they have right now. Sort of "Devil May Cry"-ize what they have already created, but not too much.

seraphmaycry

That's the thing, though. An early announcement doesn't mean an early release. It took 3 years for DmC after the early announcements.

yeah that's true but if they do make a sequel it's not very likely taneems gonna work on it..... considering the backlash he got it...... and i CAN confirm the comics and heavy metal death threat songs are more or less real soooooo

Onecrazymonkey1

yeah that's true but if they do make a sequel it's not very likely taneems gonna work on it..... considering the backlash he got it...... and i CAN confirm the comics and heavy metal death threat songs are more or less real soooooo

That's too bad. Call me crazy but I didn't mind Tameem at all really.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
As I see it, they should try and meet the fans' expectations as much as possible without throwing away what they have right now. Sort of "Devil May Cry"-ize what they have already created, but not too much.
That's quite the difficult balance you're searching for. My fear is exactly that, in trying to meet the fans' expectations for a more DevilMayCry-ish DmC2, they will just be impeded to exploit the good elements they introduced in the reboot.
Maybe a good change could be make Dante more oldDante-ish, I mean, less... angry.
Another point, I would NOT like Vergil becoming just like his older version. This new Vergil had more shades to his character than his hunger for power (a hunger that originates from his fears), and I hope they will keep this element relevant.

AlchemistFromEden

Yeah, truth be told I wouldn't really like another Enslaved or Heavenly Sword. I owned Heavenly Sword and it was pretty bad IMO.

DmC is the only game from them I truly enjoy, and even though it's the best Devil May Cry yet gameplay-wise for me, there's some room for improvement, and PLENTY room for improvement in Dante's personality and the cutscenes. Did anyone else notice the distinct lack of stylish combos/behavior in cutscenes?!
because like the first game that stuff was kept to a minimal so that players could emulate and outdo the cutscenes

If you say that because of the unbelievable amount of trolling due to the reboot's design on EVERY forum that has a DmC section, don't worry. I've lurked around for plenty of time. My skin is thick ;)

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I'm excited! In terms of design I'd like to see the white hair that he gets at the end with black/grey tints, maybe even a longer backside, kinda like my avatar (except white)

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Welcome dude! Hope you have a great time in the DMC/DmC community! Don't pay any mind to others!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
A sequel to DmC this close to the original one with the worst sales in entire franchise, plus all the hate and boycott still strong?
Capcom and Ninja Theory really can't be that stupid can they? Seriously!

I think either a new IP that will be added to their list of flops or a sequel to Heavenly Sword since that Tamem guy was at the PS4 conference.

GF9000000Returns

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be pumped if they're working on a DmC2 and all but it's just too soon. I rather for them to make it for the next gen consoles. Heck I think the sh*tstorm would tone down a bit cuz Dante's hair is white now.

If they're not working on DmC2, then I wanna see either a Enslaved 2 or a new IP.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I wouldn't be expecting DmC2 to be announced so soon, but on the other hand I hope we do get an confirmation on if NT will make it or not. Got to say it would make no sense Capcom hiring them for their creativity and art style and then handing it over to another studio which would mean the new game would have a completely different art style and feel.

Terrutas

I wouldn't be expecting DmC2 to be announced so soon, but on the other hand I hope we do get an confirmation on if NT will make it or not. Got to say it would make no sense Capcom hiring them for their creativity and art style and then handing it over to another studio which would mean the new game would have a completely different art style and feel.
You're right.

But it wouldn't make sense for them to make a DmC2 with Ninja Theory either, considering they westernized the series for profit, and it turned out pretty badly.

Top Bottom