• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

platinum game's or ninja theory for future DMC.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
doesn't even need a question , Platinum is the BEST
have you seen what did they do to MGS solid rising ? have you seen the prev trailer for it and the new one they released in VGAs? they changed the game from boring to total EPIC game , and NT just took DMC and turned it to a sh!t << opinion. so it's obvious ;)

Ridiculous and absurd..this had nothing to do with NT going to Capcom, it was Capcom going to NT....And from what I've seen, I like this DMC so I'm fine with NT doing it....Platinum Games, eh I've played some good ones and some bad ones by them and I feel that if we give them ALL of this credit for games they haven't made (seriously "they would do so much better" is a fallacy because we don't know how they'd do with a DMC game). Haters gotta start hating in the right places. If you really want top quality hack-and-slash AND storytelling, I say look into Sony Santa Monica and Ready At Dawn. I'm sorry, but the God of War games blew the genre right out of the water.
WTF ??? this is totally wrong , just give a name of a bad game that been developed by PG , And God of war blew the genre right out of the water !!!!!!!!!!!! , do u really like hack 'n' slash games ?
My friend . . . Devil may cry has the deepest combat system of all time , it gives you freedom to create your OWN combos not using only one weapon but u can cycle between your weapons smoothly and rapidly while attacking , and i have a question for ya , can you perform combos aren't in the combo list in GOW ?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
doesn't even need a question , Platinum is the BEST
have you seen what did they do to MGS solid rising ? have you seen the prev trailer for it and the new one they released in VGAs? they changed the game from boring to total EPIC game , and NT just took DMC and turned it to a sh!t << opinion. so it's obvious ;)

WTF ??? this is totally wrong , just give a name of a bad game that been developed by PG , And God of war blew the genre right out of the water !!!!!!!!!!!! , do u really like hack 'n' slash games ?
My friend . . . Devil may cry has the deepest combat system of all time , it gives you freedom to create your OWN combos not using only one weapon but u can cycle between your weapons smoothly and rapidly while attacking , and i have a question for ya , can you perform combos aren't in the combo list in GOW ?

No but god of war had more gore and the most gruesome kills since manhunt

speaking of manhunt Did you know it has been months since i last played it and it still gives me nightmares

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
GoW eventually let you switch weapons and the story is complete.
Dmc started off great, and changed everytime since. The combat is only fun, to me, in the last two games and the story, well if your on this forum, I think you know how much work it takes to make sense of it all.
But im a dmc fan and I cant stand how crappy the combat is for god of war (who uses knives with chains on em?)
Im just saying their strengths are done well, but combat in GoW always progressivly got better, the story for dmc pretty much took the wrong turn everytime.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I suppose it wouldn't really be a contest as much as a choice in what you're out to make. P* is a good name, the people involved are experienced gamers and game makers who've been at it since Capcom, that's atleast 10 years for some, upto even 15 for others. NT's on;y been at it since this generation but they seem to have made a few decent titles with a strong emphasis in story.

But each has a very recognizable style in game making and depending on where they want the series to go they have to pick which company can do the better job.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
IMO I think capcom should just do it themselves, but I guess they're running out of ideas. I'll make an actual decision when i've played this game. I don't own a NT game, but i've played the demos. Enslaved was fun with the platforming, but combat was arkward (I can't even remember Heavenly Sword). P* are good developers, and I loved Clovers games, but I just don't care about them. When they left capcom their creativeness seems to have disppeared. I don't care about their titles anymore. Bayonetta was a great game that built on DMC's gameplay. But after that, their games are pretty generic (ooh a tps, ooh a fighting game etc.). I'm not even looking forward to MGR, I have no passion to look it up or anything.

So after DmC, capcom can either return to NT with this serious tone DMC, give it to P* and see what the hell they want to do with it, or make a DMC 5 themselves. I don't know what i'd prefer, thats why i'm waiting until i've played this.

ZeroLove

OMG, my first post! Please be gentle with me. XD

I think Ninja Theory and Platinum Games should just go together and make Devil May Cry in the future, giving Capcom less influence as they just screw it up. Ninja Theory makes kickass stories and Platinum Games makes kickass gameplay, so together they would be a force to be reckon with. Capcom shouldn't get any influence on it other than being the ones putting the money in the project.

That's my opinion anyways. ^^

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
OMG, my first post! Please be gentle with me. XD

I think Ninja Theory and Platinum Games should just go together and make Devil May Cry in the future, giving Capcom less influence as they just screw it up. Ninja Theory makes kickass stories and Platinum Games makes kickass gameplay, so together they would be a force to be reckon with. Capcom shouldn't get any influence on it other than being the ones putting the money in the project.

That's my opinion anyways. ^^
its been said before but agreed both companies would make a great team.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
This is what capcom should have done-

Put platinum on DMC5 as they can guarantee higher numbers. It might not be as high as they want but it might have restored the series to pre DMC4 glory. And it is good publicity, platinum has made a name for themselves which NT hasn't yet.

Take kobayashi off the team and put him on Sengoku basara whatever so he will have little involvement in this. The man has no idea what he's doing plus he made a mess with 4.

Hire a cinematographer to teach platinum how to tell stories better, teach them filmmaking techniques etc. It worked for NT with enslaved, and it could work for them.

Bring in a professional writer to do the story and polish up Kamiya's writing skills. The man's ok but nowhere near great. It could be someone he has worked with before like the guy who did the first light novel or a professional manga writer. I'm sure the guy doing bleach could work. Or Eiichiro Oda, the man doing One piece could spare some time to plug up this series's plot holes. He leaves no stone unturned.

I would let NT build up their image by doing new IP's or taking over old ones suited to their talents. Breath of fire is an RPG which would suite their story-telling abilities.

mrrandomlulz

This is what capcom should have done-

Put platinum on DMC5 as they can guarantee higher numbers. It might not be as high as they want but it might have restored the series to pre DMC4 glory. And it is good publicity, platinum has made a name for themselves which NT hasn't yet.

Take kobayashi off the team and put him on Sengoku basara whatever so he will have little involvement in this. The man has no idea what he's doing plus he made a mess with 4.

Hire a cinematographer to teach platinum how to tell stories better, teach them filmmaking techniques etc. It worked for NT with enslaved, and it could work for them.
Bring in a professional writer to do the story and polish up Kamiya's writing skills. The man's ok but nowhere near great. It could be someone he has worked with before like the guy who did the first light novel or a professional manga writer. I'm sure the guy doing bleach could work. Or Eiichiro Oda, the man doing One piece could spare some time to plug up this series's plot holes. He leaves no
stone unturned.

I would let NT build up their image by doing new IP's or taking over old ones suited to their talents. Breath of fire is an RPG which would suite their story-telling abilities.
Well said and done

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Platinum Games should definitely do future DMC games.

Ninja Theory is such a mediocre developer. Hate Enslaved and I hate DmC.

mrrandomlulz

Well I think it should be Capcom , Ninja theory Are not good in gameplay department
And platinum let there games be published by (the used to be awesome but now stink) SEGA

Top Bottom