• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

platinum game's or ninja theory for future DMC.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
ok we all know that both companies are hard at work making their games that are on the way
ninja theorie's DmC

and PLATINUM GAMES Metalgear rising

so both games look really great but both share almost similar criticism.Many devil may cry fans complain that DmC dosent look like a DMC game and so do all the metal gear fans that rising is not like a metal gear game and hope for it to fail but thats not what im here to talk about.
seeing Rising reminds me of Devil may cry and as far as ive seen looks alot badass than DmC.
so my question is that who should do future DMC games NT or PG?
DISCUSS

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
as i said before NT are running out of ideas their coming to the end of the road so i say PG

Chrysander

Platinum Games is without competition. Metal Gear was a stealth series, so I can see why some people will be disappointed. But, to me the quality of the game is paramount, before genre and consistency. I'm a MGS fan, but this doesn't bother me. Platinum games developing the game to me outweighs everything else, it is going to kick ass.

Chrysander

Yes, DMC would be back on track then... but keep dreaming, I don't believe it will happen. Capcom are not interested in making a quality / classic / hardcore game, they just want $$$ and that means mass market, 90s, and all the rest. Platinum Games are known for their high quality games, replayability, challenge, and... poor sales.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Yes, DMC would be back on track then... but keep dreaming, I don't believe it will happen. Capcom are not interested in making a quality / classic / hardcore game, they just want $$$ and that means mass market, 90s, and all the rest. Platinum Games are known for their high quality games, replayability, challenge, and... poor sales.
you got that right.but still i wish there was a way

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not particularly a fan of platinum's storytelling abilities so if they get someone else to the do the story, i would be open to it.

I do feel that konami tapping platinum games for this project is good business strategy and can open new doors for konami and mgs. Its capcom's western innovation strategy done right.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
I'm not particularly a fan of platinum's storytelling abilities so if they get someone else to the do the story, i would be open to it.

I do feel that konami tapping platinum games for this project is good business strategy and can open new doors for konami and mgs. Its capcom's western innovation strategy done right.
as i said before nukes come on their the way to go

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
To be honest I don't really care. All I want is a great game to play. I love the original Dante and would prefer to play as him again, but if NT makes DmC an enjoyable game I'm not gonna whine about it ;)

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Ridiculous and absurd..this had nothing to do with NT going to Capcom, it was Capcom going to NT....And from what I've seen, I like this DMC so I'm fine with NT doing it....Platinum Games, eh I've played some good ones and some bad ones by them and I feel that if we give them ALL of this credit for games they haven't made (seriously "they would do so much better" is a fallacy because we don't know how they'd do with a DMC game). Haters gotta start hating in the right places. If you really want top quality hack-and-slash AND storytelling, I say look into Sony Santa Monica and Ready At Dawn. I'm sorry, but the God of War games blew the genre right out of the water.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
Ridiculous and absurd..this had nothing to do with NT going to Capcom, it was Capcom going to NT....And from what I've seen, I like this DMC so I'm fine with NT doing it....Platinum Games, eh I've played some good ones and some bad ones by them and I feel that if we give them ALL of this credit for games they haven't made (seriously "they would do so much better" is a fallacy because we don't know how they'd do with a DMC game). Haters gotta start hating in the right places. If you really want top quality hack-and-slash AND storytelling, I say look into Sony Santa Monica and Ready At Dawn. I'm sorry, but the God of War games blew the genre right out of the water.
what u say about god of war:eek:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
If I compare the graphics and gameplay design capabilities from both Ninja Theory and Platinum Games, I would say Platinum Games excel in both areas. As for storytelling area, Ninja Theory is much better than Platinum Games in that term.

But perhaps having Platinum Games handle a DMC game is a wiser choice since few of key developers of the first DMC game are working for Platinum Games, such as Hideki Kamiya and Atsushi Inaba. As for the storyline concerns, perhaps Platinum Games should hire someone who has the great makings in storytelling for that game. Platinum Games aren't exactly well known for making great stories for games.

Top Bottom