• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OMG!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Yeah, I think just the same about it. Nothing empresses me after DMC 4 bosses and Dante's duds there.
yea, dmc4 had massive and entertaining bosses, they all had a personality. I hope NT does take notes.
The giant lady bug seems to be really ****ed off tho at Dante, like he's been leading her around.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
His DT is EXACTLY THE SAME as quicksilver style in DMC3.
They even kept the grey color of the screen when using it.
i know alot of people are saying the white hair is his devil trigger.........But! what if it isn't? i really hope that it isn't to be honest, because it seemed it took dante just as long to kill the demons in this mode, and the slow mo thing idk if i would like that, but im just trying to give a new perspective that it might not be his DT. one thing that i would like to bring up is that in the second part of the demo the player uses this white hair form twice, almost right after one another, which gives me the feeling that dante couldn't have filled up his DT gauge this quickly, but like i said not disagreeing with anyone i just wanted to bring up a new perspective.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
Everything is fine but the gameplay is little bit slow.

and to be honest when i was watching i felt a little bored and didn't feel the same excitement that i felt for the previous games , donno why!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
For all we know the chain thing might be linked to alot of the attacks forcing you to use it even if you do not want to.

I certainly hope not, that would get boring really quickly in my opinion. I enjoy the move being used to 'grapple' towards places, but not if it's going to be overused in terms of combat. So I agree, I hope it isn't. And if it is, and it's not just the person playing spamming that move, then Ninja Theory need to take that move away and make it less used. For instance, perhaps only have it used if certain combinations are pulled off. Not just every second when you want to use it.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I certainly hope not, that would get boring really quickly in my opinion. I enjoy the move being used to 'grapple' towards places, but not if it's going to be overused in terms of combat. So I agree, I hope it isn't. And if it is, and it's not just the person playing spamming that move, then Ninja Theory need to take that move away and make it less used. For instance, perhaps only have it used if certain combinations are pulled off. Not just every second when you want to use it.
i agree limit that move or else gameplay might get boring quickly

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
i agree limit that move or else gameplay might get boring quickly

You know what would be cool in my opinion? If they used the 'chain/whip' in more ways than just grappling and pulling yourself towards enemies. Perhaps one move you could pull your enemy's heart out with it. Or you pull yourself towards the enemy by piercing through its chest, and as you reach the enemy, Dante kicks off from the enemy's chest and back-flips whilst firing Ebony and Ivory at other enemies. Or Dante uses the 'chain/whip' to attach it to a ceiling above him, and he grapples upwards whilst firing either Ebony or Ivory at his enemies below. Or he just attaches it to something above him and swings forward, knocking enemies over. It would also be cool if he could swing across the environment with it in non-combat terms, similar to how The Dark Prince does in Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You know what would be cool in my opinion? If they used the 'chain/whip' in more ways than just grappling and pulling yourself towards enemies. Perhaps one move you could pull your enemy's heart out with it. Or you pull yourself towards the enemy by piercing through its chest, and as you reach the enemy, Dante kicks off from the enemy's chest and back-flips whilst firing Ebony and Ivory at other enemies. Or Dante uses the 'chain/whip' to attach it to a ceiling above him, and he grapples upwards whilst firing either Ebony or Ivory at his enemies below. Or he just attaches it to something above him and swings forward, knocking enemies over. It would also be cool if he could swing across the environment with it in non-combat terms, similar to how The Dark Prince does in Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones.
yes! i like the heart rip idea! ninja theory needs to come up with more innovative ways to use that chain instead of what we've already seen, and i have faith that they will

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium

The chain whip reminds me of castlevania Lament of innocence. Anyways, I do like your concept of the chain whip lord of darkness, but my only concern so far are his styles. Will they be gone?! I just hope they are still in the game. I'm not going to be disappointed if they are gone, i think i will just miss them. unless they can make the game work well if they remove the styles. still, i might miss them.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
yes! i like the heart rip idea! ninja theory needs to come up with more innovative ways to use that chain instead of what we've already seen, and i have faith that they will

Yeah, I was thinking the 'heart rip' move could be a special instant kill you can perform with the 'chain/whip'. Perhaps they could think of more cool moves that could perhaps kill enemies instantly.

Don't know why it double-posted, my PC acted stupid.

@DemonDream - I thought Ninja Theory said there were still styles for Dante. More styles now even, I think, because he has an Angel form now also.

Last edited:

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
did anyone notice that there is allot slow mo moves?

I think DmC doesn't need any slow motion stuff ,Why? cuz it should have a fast gamelpay like the previous ones.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
did anyone notice that there is allot slow mo moves?

I think DmC doesn't need any slow motion stuff ,Why? cuz it should have a fast gamelpay like the previous ones.
well if you noticed, the slo mo moves generally are a finishing move, but it also shows that dante can just kill the enemies without it being slow mo. i'm guessing theres a little more you need to do to do a slo mo attack. maybe like hold the button down on the last attack or something like that

Lady78

Truthfully his voice sounds awfully familiar,and I don't think Reuben Langdon did his voice since he stated b4 he doesn't have a role in this reboot I don't know where I read it thu. But yh the voice actor did pretty gd job :D.

Chrysander

I'm sure you're all waiting for my feedback so here it is:

GAMEPLAY
- Weapons all seem to do the same thing at this point, not much variety, I can't see their unique abilities really so far
- Individual weapon attacks even with the same weapon seem the same, but perhaps we are just seeing the same moves over and over I don't know. Didn't see any rapid input attacks, or really any long range attacks, or anything besides just kind of standard attacks and air attacks with those weapons. I saw one charge attack, kind of like Vergil's, so that was good, but that is all
- Didn't see any guns besides pistols, and only really direct shooting, no style with guns yet, charge shots etc...
- Where is the stinger and any other moves which would lend the character credibility as Dante? I understand this is a new direction, but some of Dante's stuff has been around since DMC1 and made it into every game, so come on.
- Using hook shot onto the hook-shot-able things to get through the areas... I am just bored of this kind of thing, just have fights in the game, nobody cares about this other stuff.

? Didn't get to see much of enemy attack routines, they seem like dumbasses, but it may be for the presentation, make excuses as you see fit I suppose

? Angel / Demon thing, does not convince me, but we haven't seen so much of it yet. It seems to me like an over-elaborate way of just renaming skills. We see him do an air dash, and his weapon goes white and we see white trails - I presume this is an Angel skill. Is it like Trickster? I read that he has different Angel weapons, will they all have the Angel abilities... I don't know how it will work. I dunno, styles seem to make more sense to me.

+ Enemies don't die with 1 hit, so lengthy combos are possible, good
+ The moves we saw were fine in themselves, particularly enjoyed the kicks and punches
+ Does seem more like DMC4 than Heavenly Sword, this is the first time I can say that. Not that I am a fan of DMC4, in fact I really didn't like it... but, this new Dante seems to play like Nero, rather than what's her name in Heavenly Sword, so at least I can see that this has a DMC feel, even if it's not Dante or DMC3.

DESIGN
- They're making him smoother and cooler, like the real Dante, yet still insisting on this new design. They said before he was "angry" and "disenfranchised" and all that (didn't see that at all!), but now he just seems like the old Dante, with a new face, clothes and hair style. Just get rid of him already, come on, if they're going to back-pedal, do it properly.
- Semi-invisible people seemed straight out of Bayonetta, maybe I missed something. Not a big deal, just seems like they don't have many original ideas
- Metal clangy noise for hitting enemies, seemed weird. I dunno. Not a big deal though

+ Graphics look great and all that, definitely no problem there, but you know, irrelevant really
+ Gun sound effects much meatier than I had anticipated and I like that
+ Music is way better than previous mulch that we have heard in this game - again a back-pedal from what Ninja Tam had to say about underground punk and all that stuff
+ I prefer the new Dante now that he is smiling, isn't covered in bruises and stuff, so it's a step up. It's hard to talk about it, because it's still not Dante and I will never be satisfied until it is. I'm not unreasonable - this new design is better than before. But as I said before, it just makes the whole thing even more pointless if you make him more like Dante, if the idea was to make him less like Dante to start with.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Maybe we will have morality system in game? Like if you use lot's of angel abilities, your hair will become white and etc., and if you will use demon abilities, dante will look like he did in previous trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom