• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Plus these are the guys who retcon Vergil's original backstory in DMC1 from Vergil being captured and possessed at a young age to him living til his late teens than captured and possessed.

I'm not sure if he was possessed in the novel before 3 retconned it:( but he also lived til he was in his early-mid 20s at least

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I'm not sure if he was possessed in the novel before 3 retconned it:( but he also lived til he was in his early-mid 20s at least
In the novel, he seems to act more on his own decisions than being a brainwashed mindless slave of Mundus. Vergil was 19 in DMC3, meaning 17-18 in the first Novel and the prequel manga with the "clarifications"/retcons

Zato-OW

King
So we can pile up to Capcom have no clue what they were doing for if they can change their mid development doesn't mean they can't still change it. Out of all of the DMCs DMC4 Dante looks the oldest and this was clearly due to an early game design and Lady (due to her very little story relevance) was thrown in there last minute most likely.

Plus its only an interview by a guy who only played like one of the games (admitted never played DMC2 or knows much about it) and admits not finishing 1...or was it 3, the game or any official documented sources (databooks, artbooks, etc) by CAPCOM stated his or Lady's age.

Plus these are the guys who retcon Vergil's original backstory in DMC1 from Vergil being captured and possessed at a young age to him living til his late teens than captured and possessed. As well as Rebellion never existed in DMC1.....they can do whatever they want especially change the age of 2 characters that was never clearly established.

Also, how does changing the storyline will effect the timeline it is set in...hmmmm....if anything changing the main character to his nephew who is in his mid teens (16-17) wouldn't you want to make sense of it by not making Dante younger than originally planned to just fit a new character.

Plus its kind of hard to believe that Dante will grow a beard (is that what is) in like 1 year or less than a year (anime) if his face was spotless.
But your missing one huge point though. DMC4 was officially stated by Capcom to be a few months after the DMC Anime. The Anime is 1 year after DMC1. This is what I was trying to stack up with that interview I posted. Dante is roughly 29/30 in DMC4 is basically what I am saying. In early 2007 they changed the story line of DMC4 because people wanted Dante to be a playable character. This is why DMC4 felt like a rushed game because it actually was with them having to scrap a lot of things. Nero was suppose to be the only main playable character in DMC4. Dante originally was stated to be possible future DLC. Also, Lady,Trish and Dante was always going to be in the game. The early concept art from 2006 that was shown revealed this. Dante was suppose to be in his mid 30s in the first plot that was written but it was scrapped because of the time line of the Anime and DMC1.

Vergil having a child doesn't even match his character and the fact that he has a child with a random women as it "implies"(even though the book isn't official to the DMC story line, the book never states that Vergil is Nero's father, Sancutus assumed he was even though Vergil was considered to be a young "boy" when they met.). It directly goes against his character because the same Vergil we see in DMC3 is ready to put the world at risk for his own personal goals. All of a sudden Vergil has a child in DMC4? Vergil outright despised humans, at the same time he doesn't hate them. He just doesn't care for them. Similar to how Dante was in the beginning of DMC3. But for him to randomly have a child is just beyond bad story telling because of how Vergil's character is designed. Dante is more likely to have a child then Vergil because Vergil is what you call a "lone wolf" and in DMC3 his characteristics were just too straight forward for him to even have that kind of compassion with a women as it has shown when he was ready to put the entire world in danger and the ending of DMC3 proves this even further when Dante points out to Vergil what he is lacking that made their father special. If Nero is Vergil's son and I highly doubt this then it is horrible writing on Capcom's end.

Anyway, I am almost positive that Nero is a 3rd son of Sparda. I think Capcom is taking retcons from DMC1 and trying to fix them. Trish states in the start of DMC1 that Dante lost a mother and brother 20 years ago to evil. Which by DMC3 we know this is half true since Dante officially lost Vergil there. 20 years ago Dante was 8/9 years old from DMC1. Capcom has stated that Nero is the same age Dante was in DMC3. This makes Nero and Dante 10 years apart. I believe that Nero was taken to Fortuna is a baby after they were attacked by a follower of Sparda. His identity was hidden for the same reasons Dante was when he was a orphan. It would also explain why Nero's characteristics are the combination of both Dante and Vergil, also that he shares the color theme of both Dante and Vergil. In the start of DMC4 when Nero is in the ally way, there is a scene where it shows Nero's shadow on a wall, this shadow forms the shape of Sparda in his human form holding the "Sparda" sword. Nero also had the battle quotes and taunts of Dante and Vergil from DMC3.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Its nice to know that after years of saying and damn near proving that Vergil is Nero's father has payed off. :cool:*Eats my strawberry sundae like a boss!*
Sorry, nothing payed off. There's still the issue that internal information aind staff comments right up to release pretty much confirm this was an early idea that was DROPPED. Unless nero is only 10 and had accelerated aging, is a clone of vergil, or some kind of "sluffed off" remnent ala Kid from Chrono Cross, this was never implimented into the final story.

~takes teh sundae back and give a brownie instead~ you get this for effort.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
darth-vader-no.jpg

NAH... unless its cleared in the games i'm gonna call it a day ;)

I have so many elaborate ideas for nero's origins like him being a demonic experiment and stuff

vergil banging a prostatat is the last thing which comes to my mind LOL

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sorry, nothing payed off. There's still the issue that internal information aind staff comments right up to release pretty much confirm this was an early idea that was DROPPED. Unless nero is only 10 and had accelerated aging, is a clone of vergil, or some kind of "sluffed off" remnent ala Kid from Chrono Cross, this was never implimented into the final story.

~takes teh sundae back and give a brownie instead~ you get this for effort.

The book says Nero is Vergil's kid. I saw the picture in this post. 0_0

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
And as even Bingo noted, a lot of his intentions and ideas were DROPPED from production for various reasons. I had the exact line translated, it's not "son" or "father" in the lines, it literally says "Nero is Child to Vergil". That has any number of actually interpritations, including clone, "sluffed off" remanent, or event a successor on inheritor.

Director overrides what one Scenario writer wanted; Kobiyashi confirmed that Nero is only ten years younger than the twins, and even said early in development in 2006 on he's not directly related to Dante or Vergil. Therefore, Bingo's desire for Nero to be Vergil's son was dropped from the story, meaning there is STILL no actual origin. He's also NOT 1/4 demon because a quarter breed would NOT be physically transforming into a demon. He's 1/2 or more.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
So...is the idea dropped or is it still going? Isn't that what many artbooks are; full of pictures and ideas that weren't used in the game:ermm: ? If they are still going with this idea, shouldn't they create a game or an anime explaining just how this came to be? I don't see Vergil doing this. I mean I see him getting down and dirty eventually, but his character made it seem like he wouldn't do that at random, much like Zato said. They would have to come up with a hell of a story to explain this. In my opinion is seems kinda like an ass-pull to throw him into the series.

And...why don't we have a Sparda game yet? I'm sorry, but pre-Eva/pre-rebellion I see him as a bit..."loose."

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I can't see Vergil doing it with anyone I mean it would take a lot for a girl to even get Vergil as a friend let alone a lover and when would it have taken place? Before 3 after 1? That would be unlikely Vergil would have been to preoccupied to have notice any girl and I don't think any girl would be hitting on a guy that looks like this
tumblr_m45e2mfKW21r7eq0no3_250.jpg

Also the girl who would be Vergils lover would have to be pretty likable and important like Trish or Lady in their respected stories not be introduced like "Ughhh Nero see that otherwise ordinary background character? yeaaaah she's your mom" kinda character. Also ages don't add up either.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
The whole "nero is vergil's son" really was Bingo's ass pull just to wedge the kid into the Sparda legacy, when they could have easily just explained "seperate branch of descendents" or "Sparda himself" reborn as the game actually suggests since Nero can do things with Yamato that Vergil COULD NOT, and he's physically becoming a demon, something a supposed quarter breed should not be doing. Plus the fact that Nero's entire Story arc matchs a lot with what we know of Sparda's rebellion, and the shadow on the wall in the prologue is symbolism enough...

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
"Sparda himself" reborn as nero
OH Dear that's even worse ! I can't stand sparda being reduced to crybaby

the game actually suggests since Nero can do things with Yamato that Vergil COULD NOT, and he's physically becoming a demon, something a supposed quarter breed should not be doing
Like what ? vergil can do anything nero does 10 time better and own him in 10 seconds except for DB he has no special skills or styles or weapons and i don't see how you're assuming that he's a quarter breed his original DT was supposed to look more demonic
Plus the fact that Nero's entire Story arc matches a lot with what we know of Sparda's rebellion, and the shadow on the wall in the prologue is symbolism enough...
LOL NOT EVEN Close .... Sparda fought whole battalion of Elite Demons all by himself... and at that time human world was also in war and chaos not to mention that he is obviously connected to vergil then anyone else

> He uses same battle taunts of Vergil&DT resembles NELO ANGELO !
> His arm wasn't always like that until he had a "Mysterious encounter with a demon and a voice echoed in nero's head "Power.. GIVE ME MORE POWER"

Pfft still not obvious enough ?? he's goddamn possessed ! he's not vergil's son and he's NOT Sparda's reincarnation cus he's just too badass i think when nero was fighting the demon vergil gave his power's to Nero as his last act of kindness

So here you have the answer Nero is still human but his DT = Nelo Angelo that's why people confuse him for sparda because he technically does have vergil's powers

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
His
OH Dear that's even worse ! I can't stand sparda being reduced to crybaby

When he's been reborn as a human form and raised by humans and in a highly emotional age frame? I can see it. He's not a crybaby, he's a teenager. Learn the difference.

Like what ? vergil can do anything nero does 10 time better and own him in 10 seconds excpet for DB he has no special skills or styles or weapons and i don't see how you're assuming that he's a quarter breed his orignial DT was supposed to look more demonic.

People who try to push vergil = Baby daddy forget that for Nero's mother to be human, that means nero is 1/4th or less, hence using his attributes as proof he is not a quarter breed. read again. Also, Vergil NEVER showed the abilith to throw around blade of sheer force by swinging Yamato, nor would he likely be able to repair just by sheer willpower a sword his FATHER created.

LOL NOT EVEN Close .... Sparda fought the whole battalion of Demon all by himself... and at that time human world was also in war and chaos not to mention that he is obviously connected to vergil then anyone else

Turning on the order he was bound to all his existance and facing the "god" of that "world" for the love of a human human and the spirit of justice? Gee, sounds a LOT like Sparda's story arc. And Nero DID fight the order pretty much on his own.

> He uses same battle taunts of Vergil&DT resmbles NELO ANGELO !

...~falls over laughing~ Ah, yesh no. Nero's taunts are a mix-match of Dante AND Vergil's Taunts. And his aura looks NOTHING like Nero Angelo, it looks moer like the SAVIOR, which was made in SPARDA's image, not Vergil's

> His arm wasn't always like that until he had a "Mysterious encounter with a demon and a voice echoed in nero's head "Power.. GIVE ME MORE POWER"

No, actually Nero's on word's are "On that day, my arm changed...and I heard a voice. Power...GIVE ME MORE POWER. And if I must become a demon and endure exile for her, so be it!"

Pfft still not obvious enough ?? he's goddamn possessed ! he's not vergil's son and he's NOT Sparda's reincarnation cus he's just too badass i think when nero was fighting the demon vergil gave his power's to Nero as his last act of kindness

...no, because it's made quite clear that the Aura is Nero's SOUL and his actions are his own, NOT Vergil's. Hell, the music when he kills Sanctus and saves Kyrie after the final battle is even titled "SPARDA'S WILL!".

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
...no, because it's made quite clear that the Aura is Nero's SOUL and his actions are his own, NOT Vergil's. Hell, the music when he kills Sanctus and saves Kyrie after the final battle is even titled "SPARDA'S WILL!".

Then why does he use the Vergil's taunts in DT ? Coincidence ?

scale.php
=
Nero_____DT_____1_by_The_Bone_Snatcher.jpg

So you're telling me to ignore all the obvious hints of his connections to vergil's soul and instead look for Soundtrack names ? Don't be silly -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom