• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
we'll never know
If this artbook has tuff about Nero's relation to Vergil, I'm hoping it can clear up other plot holes, or show us what might have been, or plot ideas that were left out or changed and maybe add some depth to the DMC4 characters.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So if i am not a writer i cant judge story, books, films, games and so on? Pffff...
Actually, yeah. Everyone is a critic. That is not just an expression, that is truth and anyone can judge anything by their standards. What makes those who get paid to so and those who just talk is how much knowledge, logic, thought and articulation they can muster into their verdict.

If this artbook has tuff about Nero's relation to Vergil, I'm hoping it can clear up other plot holes, or show us what might have been, or plot ideas that were left out or changed and maybe add some depth to the DMC4 characters.

Do we have a translator who is willing to spend the time to help out with the text?

we'll never know
Come on, it was ether 'Run!' or 'Try to get out while this small window of time I just created lasts and figure out some way to get out of the predicament you are in and take my sister, too, while you are at it!'

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Anyone have a price on this book yet? I haven't found one. I want to buy it, but only if the price is reasonable as it seems like it might have a lot of useful info in, as well as cool images.^_^

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
This is kind of like in Naruto when it was revealed that Tobi is ***** and everyone (well most people) flipped and gave up on the story....despite it making sense....for the most part.

Nero being Vergil's son makes sense and here is why.

1. Vergil and Dante were 19 in DMC3 and Dante was 28 in DMC1...this is confirmed

2. Nero is 16-17 in DMC4this too is confirmed

So the gap between DMC3-DMC1 is 9-10 years. Meaning by DMC1, Nero had to be no less than 10

3. We don't know how old Dante is in DMC4 and the time gap between DMC1 & DMC4 was never clear (he could be 35
for all we know he even looks it too)

4. People have sex in DMC, how was Dante and Vergil born (Sparda thought of them and then poof they exist) and there was prostitutes in one of the DMC mangas

5. Vergil doesn't have to be a kid to have had sex.....why REAL teens have had sex when they were 14 (God knows how long DmC Dante has been banging hookers and he is was confirmed to be younger than DMC3 Dante....like 18) but lets say Vergil did it when he was 16-17 years old....a reasonable age. Then by DMC3 Nero would be 2-3 years then DMC1 he would be 12-13 years old and for him to be 16-17, 4-5 years would have past since then to have DMC4 (which from a timeline stand point makes reasonable sense).

6. Some would say it wouldn't make sense for Vergil to have time for sex or others since its not in his character...well we don't know how Vergil was before DMC3. We only know that by DMC3 he was power hungry and looking for the Sword of Sparda. People say it was the death of his mother that made him power hungry and insane...well we don't know that since it was never made clear....who knows he could've lived a miserable life and some other events made him turn evil afterwards. He could've had a girlfriend or something same way how Dante spent his youth with Enzo before moving out. ANYTHING at this point could've happened to Vergil after his family was attacked that made him go mad in DMC3.

7. The only way to gauge how old Dante is is by how old Lady is or appears to be. She could be the same age as Dante in DMC3 or younger (maybe even older) but in DMC4 (her latest appearance chronologically) one can determine her age.

images

She is like late teens.....18..19 ish.

Lady_4.jpg

10+ Years she looks like she could be in her late to mid 20's but looks can be deceiving as Lady can be older than that like in her 30s for beauty before age principle that one's age can only affect's one's looks if they take good care of their body and health. Plus I know of women who look like they could in their early 20's but is in their mid 30s. Also, in Asian culture (espcially in Japan and China....Korea included) plenty of women (mainly women) can come off of as young but is old (if 30 is considered old).

How hold do you think these women are?

images
Mizuki-Horii-3-600x900.jpg

Come on guess.

Why I use Asian women instead of white women....well I'm too lazy. Plus DMC is made by Japanese people. They have a different perspective on certain stuff than we do.

Zato-OW

King
This is kind of like in Naruto when it was revealed that Tobi is ***** and everyone (well most people) flipped and gave up on the story....despite it making sense....for the most part.

1. Vergil and Dante were 19 in DMC3 and Dante was 28 in DMC1...this is confirmed

So the gap between DMC3-DMC1 is 9-10 years. Meaning by DMC1, Nero had to be no less than 10

3. We don't know how old Dante is in DMC4 and the time gap between DMC1 & DMC4 was never clear (he could be 35

4. People have sex in DMC, how was Dante and Vergil born (Sparda thought of them and then poof they exist) and there was prostitutes in one of the DMC mangas

5. Vergil doesn't have to be a kid to have had sex.....why REAL teens have had sex when they were 14 (God knows how long DmC Dante has been banging hookers and he is was confirmed to be younger than DMC3 Dante....like 18) but lets say Vergil did it when he was 16-17 years old....a reasonable age. Then by DMC3 Nero would be 2-3 years then DMC1 he would be 12-13 years old and for him to be 16-17, 4-5 years would have past since then to have DMC4 (which from a timeline stand point makes reasonable sense).

6. Some would say it wouldn't make sense for Vergil to have time for sex or others since its not in his character...well we don't know how Vergil was before DMC3. We only know that by DMC3 he was power hungry and looking for the Sword of Sparda. People say it was the death of his mother that made him power hungry and insane...well we don't know that since it was never made clear....who knows he could've lived a miserable life and some other events made him turn evil afterwards. He could've had a girlfriend or something same way how Dante spent his youth with Enzo before moving out. ANYTHING at this point could've happened to Vergil after his family was attacked that made him go mad in DMC3.

7. The only way to gauge how old Dante is is by how old Lady is or appears to be. She could be the same age as Dante in DMC3 or younger (maybe even older) but in DMC4 (her latest appearance chronologically) one can determine her age.

images

Lady_4.jpg

10+ Years she looks like she could be in her late to mid 20's but looks can be deceiving as Lady can be older than that like in her 30s for beauty before age principle that one's age can only affect's one's looks if they take good care of their body and health. Plus I know of women who look like they could in their early 20's but is in their mid 30s. Also, in Asian culture (espcially in Japan and China....Korea included) plenty of women (mainly women) can come off of as young but is old (if 30 is considered old).

images

Come on guess.

Why I use Asian women instead of white women....well I'm too lazy. Plus DMC is made by Japanese people. They have a different perspective on certain stuff than we do.
Capcom has stated that Lady is 10 years older then she was in DMC3 putting her in her late 20's in DMC4 same with Dante. Capcom has also stated that DMC4 is a few months after DMC Anime and that the Anime is a few months after DMC1.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Capcom has stated that Lady is 10 years older then she was in DMC3 putting her in her late 20's in DMC4 same with Dante. Capcom has also stated that DMC4 is a few months after DMC Anime and that the Anime is a few months after DMC1.

........where is this proof?

Zato-OW

King
Really cause in an interview Kobayashi stated that in DMC4 Dante was reaching his 40s....I'll find that too.
Can't find the thread but here is the interview right before the game was released. This is the interview with Kobayashi stating that Lady is 10 years older then she was in DMC3.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/10/interview-hiroy/

"HK: Nero and Kyrie are the two key players in the story. We’ve put them in a love story-type situation. Nero belongs to a group called The Order of the Sword and they worship Dante’s father as a kind of diety, even though he’s a demon. Nero’s childhood friend [Kyrie]‘s older brother is one of the higher-ups in the group, a leader. The sexy Gloria, and the researcher Agnus are also higher members of The Order of the Sword.
Because a big part of the fan base is guys, we always put in a nice sexy character, hence Gloria. In the past we’ve used Trish, who is a recurring character, and also Lady. Lady appeared in 3, and now she’s about ten years older than she was in that one, but she’s grown up very nicely, as you’ll see."

There is also Capcom stating that DMC4 is a few months after the DMC Anime. This makes what Kobayashi stated true seeing as the Anime is a couple of months after DMC1.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Can't find the thread but here is the interview right before the game was released. This is the interview with Kobayashi stating that Lady is 10 years older then she was in DMC3.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/10/interview-hiroy/

"HK: Nero and Kyrie are the two key players in the story. We’ve put them in a love story-type situation. Nero belongs to a group called The Order of the Sword and they worship Dante’s father as a kind of diety, even though he’s a demon. Nero’s childhood friend [Kyrie]‘s older brother is one of the higher-ups in the group, a leader. The sexy Gloria, and the researcher Agnus are also higher members of The Order of the Sword.
Because a big part of the fan base is guys, we always put in a nice sexy character, hence Gloria. In the past we’ve used Trish, who is a recurring character, and also Lady. Lady appeared in 3, and now she’s about ten years older than she was in that one, but she’s grown up very nicely, as you’ll see."

There is also Capcom stating that DMC4 is a few months after the DMC Anime. This makes what Kobayashi stated true seeing as the Anime is a couple of months after DMC1.

I have him saying here: "GI: In DMC 1 and 3, Dante is sort of a smart-alecky party guy. In 2, he's maybe more serious and mature. Where is Dante's personality in DMC 4?"

"Kobayashi: Well you will have to forgive me for not knowing about the personality of Dante in part 2 because I didn't work on that one. In 3, Dante is very young and hot-blooded, in his teens. In 4, he is in his 30's but he is still Dante and he is still kind of hot-blooded. Dante will always have the sort of audacious quality to him."

Hiroyuki Kobayashi interview. Game Informer magazine , September 2006.

Zato-OW

King
I have him saying here: "GI: In DMC 1 and 3, Dante is sort of a smart-alecky party guy. In 2, he's maybe more serious and mature. Where is Dante's personality in DMC 4?"

"Kobayashi: Well you will have to forgive me for not knowing about the personality of Dante in part 2 because I didn't work on that one. In 3, Dante is very young and hot-blooded, in his teens. In 4, he is in his 30's but he is still Dante and he is still kind of hot-blooded. Dante will always have the sort of audacious quality to him."

That just says hes in his 30s. Its a year before the final interview anyway. Capcom has stated and implied more then once that DMC4 is 10 years after DMC3 and that its about 1 year after DMC1. Capcom even admitted to changing the original story line in DMC4 because Dante wasn't a playable character in the original direction of the game.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

AHA! Confirmation of teens for Dante and Vergil in DMC3 AGAIN, which means they are NOT the twins of teh ancient story Arkham recited in DMC3SE, and since it's ten years later, Dante is 29(which is close enough to early 30s I'll for give it for teh minor fudge"

So unless Nero is...12 and looks late teens/early twenties from some kind of accelerated aging, then he's not Vergil's NATURAL son. Which also confirmed Dante was not in his 40s.

And who says they never gave ages or timelines? Those two vital interviews just shot a lot of "Nero is Vergil's baby" in the foot. At one point, it may have been an idea, but considering how plot developed and how Vergil doe snot fit the type to even think about having a kid at 19 or soon, yeah, it's Bingo's AU still.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That just says hes in his 30s. Its a year before the final interview anyway. Capcom has stated and implied more then once that DMC4 is 10 years after DMC3 and that its about 1 year after DMC1. Capcom even admitted to changing the original story line in DMC4 because Dante wasn't a playable character in the original direction of the game.

So we can pile up to Capcom have no clue what they were doing for if they can change their mid development doesn't mean they can't still change it. Out of all of the DMCs DMC4 Dante looks the oldest and this was clearly due to an early game design and Lady (due to her very little story relevance) was thrown in there last minute most likely.

Plus its only an interview by a guy who only played like one of the games (admitted never played DMC2 or knows much about it) and admits not finishing 1...or was it 3, the game or any official documented sources (databooks, artbooks, etc) by CAPCOM stated his or Lady's age.

Plus these are the guys who retcon Vergil's original backstory in DMC1 from Vergil being captured and possessed at a young age to him living til his late teens than captured and possessed. As well as Rebellion never existed in DMC1.....they can do whatever they want especially change the age of 2 characters that was never clearly established.

Also, how does changing the storyline will effect the timeline it is set in...hmmmm....if anything changing the main character to his nephew who is in his mid teens (16-17) wouldn't you want to make sense of it by not making Dante younger than originally planned to just fit a new character.

Plus its kind of hard to believe that Dante will grow a beard (is that what is) in like 1 year or less than a year (anime) if his face was spotless.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Anyone have a price on this book yet? I haven't found one. I want to buy it, but only if the price is reasonable as it seems like it might have a lot of useful info in, as well as cool images.^_^
It anywhere from $26 to $35 depending on who you buy it from. Go to the capcom store, e-capcom, and they'll have the price there, then you can have google do a price convertion frm yen to dollars and it should be $26.

AlchemistFromEden

images

Lady_4.jpg

images

Come on guess.

the gap between dmc1 and dmc4 is ONE YEAR, therefore, in other words, capcom made a disgusting character and nero's mother is a pedo, AND where do you get your info, "DmC dante is confirmed to be 18 and younger than dmc3 dante" um no, actually he's older, he's in his early 20s, so 20,21,22,23=DmC's dante's possible ages

berto

I Saw the Devil
It anywhere from $26 to $35 depending on who you buy it from. Go to the capcom store, e-capcom, and they'll have the price there, then you can have google do a price convertion frm yen to dollars and it should be $26.
I don't think that e-Capcom ships internationally.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Thanks for the link. That's a reasonable price...so I think that's about £17 well spent for me.

I also saw this book DmC Devil May Cry ビジュアルアート, so I think I'll get that too unless it is made of the unlockable artwork from the game.
http://www.e-capcom.com/ec/cmDispRc.../1/1/A10004141/10/10/cmDispRcmndProductDisp/1

berto

I Saw the Devil
I posted that around page 2 of this thread. It's got more than the unlockable art, there is a preview of it on the DmC's blog page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom