• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No cutscenes for Vergil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidus

Rebellion
Why did they take them all out? They could have at least left them in, now playing as Vergil is actually quite dull and pointless. They could have just left them in but no. Even Vergil's Demo Digest mode only allows those 2 cutscenes to be played. Pretty lame.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
ya u are absolutaly right
but the sad part is the Capcom didnt have time to do the Vergil´s cutscene, DMC3: Dante´s Awakening has showed up in 2004 or 2005
and DMC3:SE showed up in 2005

machindix

I think Dante's cutscenes pretty much tells all the story, so it didn't really bother me much. Vergil's combos (and costums) are enough to keep me entertained, but still, it could have been better with new cutscenes...

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
well.....................but at least its an awsome game...............it could be better in Vergil´s Story

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
I was so damn dissappointed to see that the first two cutscenes were the only ones.Seriously,why did Capcom make the first two?I thought that I'll get to play a different story when I was watching them so I was euphoric....but my heart broke when I saw that I just gotta play Dante's scenario without any movies or cutscenes.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
well.....................welcome to the real World
but i think when they Released the DMC3................some critics says that we couldnt play Vergil..................that y they Put Vergil, new bosses and some difficults

Solidus

Rebellion
machindix;8033 said:
I think Dante's cutscenes pretty much tells all the story, so it didn't really bother me much. Vergil's combos (and costums) are enough to keep me entertained, but still, it could have been better with new cutscenes...

I didn't expect them to make tons of new cutscenes for Vergil, but they could have at least kept the Dante ones in, so that there actually is a story.

Why take them out?

machindix

Solidus;8080 said:
I didn't expect them to make tons of new cutscenes for Vergil, but they could have at least kept the Dante ones in, so that there actually is a story.

Why take them out?

I don't know how games are programmed so I can really answer that... but I guess that if they put in all the cutscenes, they'd probably have to make a two disk set and SE would become more even expensive than it was now and no one owning the original version would want to buy it...

SE is not a indepentent game project... it's a huge fan service (or so Capcom claimed on the SE website) Perhaps it didn't even have its own budget in the first place, so we really can't ask for too much.

Solidus

Rebellion
I dunno about that. I mean, couldn't they just make it so that it simply links to the cutscenes which already exist on the same disc, I don't see why it would require more disc space, since the custscenes are already there.

machindix

Solidus;8086 said:
I dunno about that. I mean, couldn't they just make it so that it simply links to the cutscenes which already exist on the same disc, I don't see why it would require more disc space, since the custscenes are already there.

If technical problems can be solved that easily, then I think there might be better reasons for them to leave out the scenes. The producers are probably the only ones who know... maybe you should write to them and ask. ^_^

For me, it's new cutscenes or nothing. The original cutscences simply focus too much on Dante. It would look very weird to have them appear in Vergil's game, even if they do tell the all the story. Besides, it's a bit tedious if you have to go through them all over again when you've already memerized every single line in the plot...

They could have rearranged Vergil's missions though, if they couldn't add new stages or anything. It kind of shocked me when Vergil first appeared in Dante's office... I almost thought the mission was going to be something like this:

Secret Mission: Clean up Dante's room in 30 seconds!!
Vergil: ............... *wipes off cold sweat and goes DT*

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Solidus;8086 said:

thats really odd, but they want to put coz there was space enough to create vergil, new difficults, new BP and new bosses

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Capcom really made a half assed attempt for DMC3:SE. Don't get me wrong it's still a good game but Vergil should have had a complete and new story, not just a couple of into scenes and then making us play Dante's missions from start to finish. I mean It's not hard is it? if there's too much data, have a disk for each character.
Capcom knew making Vergil playable would make it sell, it was just the matter of making as much money as possible withas little effort as possible.>_<

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
ya....................butthey created disk Blueray that could put a lot of Data in the CD without Problem

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Nelo Angelo II;8131 said:
Capcom really made a half assed attempt for DMC3:SE. Don't get me wrong it's still a good game but Vergil should have had a complete and new story, not just a couple of into scenes and then making us play Dante's missions from start to finish. I mean It's not hard is it? if there's too much data, have a disk for each character.
Capcom knew making Vergil playable would make it sell, it was just the matter of making as much money as possible withas little effort as possible.>_<

This is the 3rd time u read my mind:D I think both of us are psychics^_^

Deadpool

I have to say, if you're going to give the main villain his own play-through, at least make more of an effort than one cutscene. I mean, c'mon people!

Solidus

Rebellion
They really did not need to make ONE new cutscene, think about it: All of those cutscenes that were in the orig DMC3 could just have been used, since they told all sides of the story of all of the involved characters at once (Dante, Vergil, Lady and Arkham). This is the point I've been making.

Why they took out out the usual cutscenes and left us out in the cold with two new ones that we didn't need I can't figure out. (The one where Vergil wipes out the Abyss enemies is good though hah)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
machindix;8090 said:
If technical problems can be solved that easily, then I think there might be better reasons for them to leave out the scenes. The producers are probably the only ones who know... maybe you should write to them and ask. ^_^

For me, it's new cutscenes or nothing. The original cutscences simply focus too much on Dante. It would look very weird to have them appear in Vergil's game, even if they do tell the all the story. Besides, it's a bit tedious if you have to go through them all over again when you've already memerized every single line in the plot...

They could have rearranged Vergil's missions though, if they couldn't add new stages or anything. It kind of shocked me when Vergil first appeared in Dante's office... I almost thought the mission was going to be something like this:

Secret Mission: Clean up Dante's room in 30 seconds!!
Vergil: ............... *wipes off cold sweat and goes DT*

There's only one explanation for it, capcom wanted to make more money whilst using as little effort as possible, that doesn't mean to say that DMC3:SE is bad, crap no, but it was a half assed attempt to say the least.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
While I would have preferred Vergil to have had his own story and his own share of unique missions, I can't really complain - the game only cost me £11.99 and simply being given the option to play as Vergil -- even if I am only allowed to fight through Dante's recycled levels -- was enough for me... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom