• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nintendo DS vs PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Kaihedgie;127939 said:
Sometimes it's not about which console has more games. It's about the one that has the better ones

And it is the PSP.
I've always loved Nintendo handhelds until the DS. The DS is major BS. The dual screen is BS, the stylus crap is BS. Honestly, PSP is like a very slim, portable PS3 with PS2 graphics. If that idea doesnt entice you, then PSP isnt for you at ALL.

Esura

vergistar;128006 said:
Thanks Esura! You speak the truth.

I know. :lol:
Never could understand the PSP hating tho.

I cant wait til that new PSP model come out.

Kaihedgie

Esura;128005 said:
And it is the PSP.
I've always loved Nintendo handhelds until the DS. The DS is major BS. The dual screen is BS, the stylus crap is BS. Honestly, PSP is like a very slim, portable PS3 with PS2 graphics. If that idea doesnt entice you, then PSP isnt for you at ALL.

The dual screen was actually done before. The stylus is actually innovative. I like Nintendo because they ALWAYS try somethin' new and not the same old thing over and over again. To be able to almost directly interact with the game is pretty nifty and gives you easier access. Just because I prefer the DS over the PSP does NOT mean I CANNOT play the PSP either. While the PSP maybe slim, it's nigh-impossible to play with such stubby analog sticks. Like I said before, graphics don't matter if the gameplay itself isn't good. The most important thing is the playability, not the graphics. Either way, if you really care more about graphics than gameplay, then you really aren't playin' a game, you're watchin' a movie that acts like a game but doesn't work (ex: Sonic Next-Gen) OR, you could be playin' a game with kiddy or crappy graphics and it would end bein' the most addictive, damned best game you ever played (ex: Wind Waker)

Sicktress

Artist
Nintendo has a ton of games but a lot of them look kiddie IMO. I bought a PSP, I LOVE IT. Crisis core alone makes it worth it, and I can watch movies for those long bus rides, I can download demons on the Playstation network, graphics are very nice, and it's familliar for ps2 players (same configuration, minus the right analog stick). That said, some things annoy me like my left thumb hurts if I play for over 2 hours straight but that's a small sacrifice :) Also, the music playlist modes aren't the best, I still haven't figured out how to make one :-/

Esura

Why do people think PSP lovers are graphics hogs just because we prefer PSP games over the DS BS, overly childish crap? Have you ever considered Kai that ppl just prefer PSP over the DS because they actually LIKE the damn games on PSP? Seriously, you equate innovation with good when thats not always the case (like DS & Portal, both utter BS). Nintendo may have won me over with the Wii, but they didnt with the DS.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
DS >> PSP
It's alot more fun overall being able to have an interactive screen than a bulky PSP. I find it boring.
How is a 'DS' childish. Define childish for me. The games? The games can range from gorey like RE2 remade or Chocobo tales for kids. Same with a PS2, like Tarzan. What's so kiddy about touching a screen opposed to button mashing which is meant to be done on a pad?

The Da3dra

Master Of War
To be honest I'm not for or against either.

Usually when stuff like this is brought up, i.e. Xbox360 VS PS3, the pro PS3 side doesn't own an Xbox360, and vice versa for 360 owners.

And usually when I read articles about this stuff there is never really a good point brought up that make either one look good, it just basically goes "I think PS3 is the sex just because" and "Xbox is just better"

But I digress

PSP is better in terms of extras like internet capability, mp3, movies, etc.

But the DS gets props for dual screens. Now most DS owners know, and most people that played the one on display at target or walmart or where ever will say "well the second screen is usually just a map or some kind of Heads Up Display, and i would normally agree. However recently a game came out called, "The World Ends With You" in which you play two different characters at the same time using the stylis to control the bottom screen, and the D-Pad to control the character on the top screen. as long as nintendo comes out with interesting gameplay ideas such as this the DS will never truly lose in the "WHICH ONE IS BETTER???" battle.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Not trying to troll but it wont because the only people that will buy it are nintendo fans and about half of the people that couldn't care less. and all the sony fans plus the other half of the non decided will buy psp's. thats just the reality. btw do you own a psp?

Esura

I used to own both, but I sold my DS so I could buy Crisis Core and Metal Gear Portable Ops + for PSP so I know firsthand how unbelievably childish the DS is. My tastes in gaming has been refined over the years. I cannot play too much Nintendo games anymore (I might sell my Wii for more PS3 games), it dumbs me down.

Koemi

half-breed
I own psp, coz it's almost the same reason I own a ps3 - it's so multifuntional. I use my psp as skype phone, movie and music player, viewing photos, AND playing games of coz. dunno if DS can do those, but of graphic quality, i'd definitely hit for psp. the best thing about psp is you can play japanese version game - don't think there's a region limit there. love this japanese-drum-beating game that I got off ebay.

heard a newer version of psp will come out soon that allows you to use it as a GPS and more, so now i am thinking i'll sell my current psp (get a better price that way) and wait for the newer one comes out :D

Kaihedgie

Esura;128148 said:
I used to own both, but I sold my DS so I could buy Crisis Core and Metal Gear Portable Ops + for PSP so I know firsthand how unbelievably childish the DS is. My tastes in gaming has been refined over the years. I cannot play too much Nintendo games anymore (I might sell my Wii for more PS3 games), it dumbs me down.

Gawd, do you know how stupid you sound? I mean seriously. In all my years of arguing, never have I heard of such asshattery before. It's not that you have an opinion, I just think your opinion really blows. XD

Playin' the DS does not make you childish nor is the console itself is childish. Or have you not tried your hand on the Mega Man games that the DS has OR anything else worth buyin'. Also, the DS has ALL of the Final Fantasy games from the Nintendo era with the third game comin' soon. The DS also has a perfect emulated port of UMK3. And then there's Metroid Prime Hunters, not to mention Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. So what if the DS has less graphical power than the PSP. Just because somethin' LOOKS 'childish', doesn't mean it's not challenging. After all, appearances can be deceiving.

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
Well I own both of them, and I'd say the PSP is better with alot of things, but the DS is just a great thing to play with :lol:
I like the DS :D

Esura

Kaihedgie;128210 said:
Gawd, do you know how stupid you sound? I mean seriously. In all my years of arguing, never have I heard of such asshattery before. It's not that you have an opinion, I just think your opinion really blows. XD

Playin' the DS does not make you childish nor is the console itself is childish. Or have you not tried your hand on the Mega Man games that the DS has OR anything else worth buyin'. Also, the DS has ALL of the Final Fantasy games from the Nintendo era with the third game comin' soon. The DS also has a perfect emulated port of UMK3. And then there's Metroid Prime Hunters, not to mention Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. So what if the DS has less graphical power than the PSP. Just because somethin' LOOKS 'childish', doesn't mean it's challenging. After all, appearances can be deceiving.

Now you wanna start something with me huh?
Its quite rude to insult my opinion, especially when I never attacked ANYONE opinion on this matter. If my opinion blows, then urs is utter BS.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I'm personally NOT a Nintendo fan a all. I dislike their games, although I did love them as a kid.
What you seem to forget is, and a main point which annoys me is; GRAPHICS shouldn't make anything better. A smidge better in graphics doesn't make a console better. Which is why this generation of gamers can't play anything without eye-fapping it first. I'm only 17, but I grew up with games that didn't have fantastic graphics and held a magical atmosphere well beyond todays games which have completely lost the main element which made me love them in the first place. Yeah they're fun, doesn't make me like them that much though.
The PSP is bulky, and annoying to handle with a pidgey screen i need to squint my eyes for.
The DS isn't childish unless you choose to make it so. It's like calling someone emo for wearing a wrist band, and you don't know why it makes them emo. You don't know what makes a DS childish apart from touching a screen and bad selection of games.

Esura

Um, why do ppl keep thinking that I mentioned graphics? Why do u DS ppl think PSP users are graphic whores? Okay, time for me to explain why I dislike DS a little more.

1. Too many childish (meaning that its not a mature game. Its not meant to be seen as a deragatory statement. I just cant bother with these games w/o any underlying theme anymo) BS games like Mario and Kirby.
2. The stylus is EXTREMELY awkward (honestly, how can ppl bitch about PSP being clunky then play a DS that uses a stylus on a handheld with TWO screens, wth?)
3. DS (especially Lite) have cheap BS hinges.
4. It has two screens (honestly, two screens isnt fun)

Seriously, why couldn't Nintendo make another Game Boy instead? Like Game Boy Evolution or something.

Also, take note that I NEVER mentioned graphics AT ALL. Graphics dont matter to me either. Like Neros, I'm an old school gamer. I never rag on graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom