• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nintendo DS vs PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koemi

half-breed
Kaihedgie, Esura: please keep the flaming to your profiles or PMs. really hate to see this great discussion be closed by admin/mods becoz of some personal arguements. :)

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Um, why do ppl keep thinking that I mentioned graphics? Why do u DS ppl think PSP users are graphic whores? Okay, time for me to explain why I dislike DS a little more.

1. Too many childish (meaning that its not a mature game. Its not meant to be seen as a deragatory statement. I just cant bother with these games w/o any underlying theme anymo) BS games like Mario and Kirby.

Alot of games on the PSP doesn't have an underlying theme either apart from entertainment like the DS. Again, there are a PILE of PS2 games that are 'BS' and for children. Are you going to call that a childish console? Because it has it's equal share of crap.

2. The stylus is EXTREMELY awkward (honestly, how can ppl bitch about PSP being clunky then play a DS that uses a stylus on a handheld with TWO screens, wth?)

The PSP is equally awkward having to shove my face on the screen and try and hold it at the same time. It's like picking up a TV trying to control and watch at the same time since I can't be at a distance. Two screens? Two is better than one.

3. DS (especially Lite) have cheap BS hinges.

[Insert facepalm here]

4. It has two screens (honestly, two screens isnt fun)

Again. I'd rather two than one so I don't have to scroll to the options menu continuously when I could look a the top screen for a map or likewise.

I'm not digging at you Esura, but the DS isn't that childish, i've seen kids equally play the PSP to the DS, along with the DS selling more units than the PSP.
I don't even like portable devices and games, i'm just saying which side I prefer.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I am just going to restate that I love all platforms of gaming and that I am not biassed towards PSP's or DS'.

TO DS HATERS IN GENERAL... ESURA MOSTLY...(your still meh dog):
1.) I happen to love Mario and Kirby...LOVE, however in the same aspect i love nothing more than slitting an enemy's throat or chainsawing them in half. So if your saying that DS is "childish" then your obviously too "adult" and shouldnt even be playing video games, go do stocks or what ever. =]

2.) HOW? (I'm assuming you've been to school right? because they tell you that you shouldn't put things in parenthesis, or however you spell that, because it is saying that that text is unimportant)

3.) I've dropped a DS from a second story window onto concrete and it was, and still is fine, your just trying to make up stuff to rag on at this point in your rant.

4.) I beg to differ, I play two different games at the same time on two different TV's, and I find that fun. If I could play IDK..."Battlefield: Bad Company" and have one tv be the game and have the other screen be the in-game map, id love that because i wouldn't have to pause the game, during multiplayer so i can't move but everyone else still can, to see what my people are doing on the other side of the map.

TO PSP HATERS IN GENERAL:
1.) I have had the pleasure of having a PSP and a DS in the same room, although they weren't mine, and PSP's are not "bulky" where the hell did you come up with that? they are barely bigger than a DS, the ooriginals anyways. Unless you buy the big ass protection case which doubles its size, and on top of that your pants are so tight you can barely fit 50 cents in your pocket, the psp is by no means "bulky".

2.) If you feel like the screen is "too small" and you need to "squint your eyes" to play them, then handhelds in general just aren't for you, get your eyes checked and don't sit to close to the TV k?

3.) Also the PSP is not hard to handle you must have the hands, and maybe mind, of a 3 year old if your finding playing a PSP "difficult"

All this is just another great example of how when ever people do this VS crap there is never really a "GOOD" keyword there "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD" reason that any one thing is better than the other, one says the DS having two screens isn't fun, that is because you don't have the mental capability to take on two screens, WHICH IS 100% FINE!!! And those of you that hate on PSP's, you just probably couldn't afford one, WHICH IS FINE!!! JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE OR LIKE THE SYSTEM DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO "HATE" ON THE OTHER!!!

Eddie Murphy said in one of his stand up routines that, "the moon walk is stupid" he then later said "it's because i can't do the F'ing thing". i just wanted this in here because its what i think about when ever VS discussions occur :p

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It wil all depend, for the most part, on what you want in a handheld. I personally don't want one which will replace my MP3 player, mobile phone, digital camera, TV, refridgerator etc...I want a portable distraction to amuse me when I'm sitting on a 4 hour train journey or waiting for a meeting. I don't care if it is Wi-Fi, Hi-Fi or Fifi and the Flowertots - I just want to play something fairly mindless and entertaining until I can get to my console and play something deeper. That being said, some will want their handheld to be a media port and not only play great games but also be able to watch films or connect to the internet or whatever.

The DS will appeal to one group and the PSP will appeal to another. Both consoles will appeal to a third demographic and to be honest it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things which is better - the DS isn't trying to be a PSP and the PSP is most certainly not attempting to emulate the DS.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Angel;128249 said:
It wil all depend, for the most part, on what you want in a handheld. I personally don't want one which will replace my MP3 player, mobile phone, digital camera, TV, refridgerator etc...I want a portable distraction to amuse me when I'm sitting on a 4 hour train journey or waiting for a meeting. I don't care if it is Wi-Fi, Hi-Fi or Fifi and the Flowertots - I just want to play something fairly mindless and entertaining until I can get to my console and play something deeper. That being said, some will want their handheld to be a media port and not only play great games but also be able to watch films or connect to the internet or whatever.

The DS will appeal to one group and the PSP will appeal to another. Both consoles will appeal to a third demographic and to be honest it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things which is better - the DS isn't trying to be a PSP and the PSP is most certainly not attempting to emulate the DS.

EXACTLY :)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your words are so wise.... you have my respect :sleep:

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Daedra, I couldnt help but laugh at your post. You make some valid points. Kinda makes it seem silly that we argued over this though, lol. However there were a few points you made that are false. Im not making up the fact that DS has some screwed up hinges. Just go to any major gaming forum. The hinge messed up on my DS too. Dont know why, cause I'm very very anal on any of my gaming stuff. They even had this unofficial site on how to repair it (more like a blog than a large site, lol). However, its not a real widespread problem though unlike 360's RROD.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
as for the hinges thing, I guess I never knew cause it didnt heppen to me ill look into it tho so i'll be prepared for the future ;)

Blue Rose

The Demon Hunter
i have a PSP. and i use it for music mainly now. and thats it. maybe the occasional internet. :D it has some good games. but the DS has some games id love to have. but the PSP also has games i love having. so they both have there purposes to me.unlike the PS3 and 360 (which seem to share almost 90% of there games) it actually matters which system u have to play certain games.
thats jus the way i see it.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Old thread is frighteningly old, check the date of the last reply before you post, if you want to discuss this, feel free to start a new thread.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom