• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory inviting top DMC players to test DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysander

Yeah, I dunno I don't want to be a party pooper, and I partly think I should just not post on the forum because it's a site for fans of the series, and I slipped out of that category when DMC4 came along... seems like I just bum people out and I understand that if they're enthusiastic about the game and come here to be positive, it can seem weird to have people being negative...

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
It's just like shadows exist only where there is light. It's quite natural that positive and negative things co-exist.
I welcome and respect everybody's opinions, even if they're extremely supportive towards DmC, and expect the same thing from them. Plain n Simple. But things have got to be complicated

Anyways.. Let's not convert this thread into chat thread. I don't want any of those off-topic warnings.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Why is it that when people have something negative to say about the game, people say "don't be negative, wait and see what it's like". But when people are positive, the same people are not stepping in and saying "don't be positive, wait and see what it's like"?

I've actually brought this up myself in the past.

And to put it simply its the act of having a "double standard" at work here.

Alot of the so called "supporters" have it around here sadly.

Not trying to be in ass, just telling the truth.

When people praise the game and say its going to be the best DMC game ever I do not see those "supporters" correcting them and telling them to wait and see how the game is first.

But when someone says that this game is going to blow and be the worse DMC game in the series they always get a post about being "ignorant" and "to quick to judge". I agree that forming a full opinion on a product that has not already been released is kinda ignorant.

But all I ask is that if your going to shoot down people for bashing the game and telling them to wait and see than the least you can do is tell the people who are praising every aspect of the game to chill out and wait until you play it first.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
^Forget it man. It's like,

"You're just another raging narrow-minded fan who's so quick to judge the game before actually playing it. I'm sick of people of people bashing the game before even playing it."

But it's natural to have a Skeptics Vs Supporter thing and I think it works in a best way for Capcom. Talk about free publicity man.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
@Tocool>Dante_Icognito

Exactly. When we critzice DmC we are ignorant and narrowminded.

It's like Ninja theory forums. Tameem Antoniades does not like Japanese anime art style for games but in Ninja theory forum there is "Japanese fanart of Dante" (DmC Dante).

Chrysander

Well, we've drifted off topic! Sorry for the derailment... to comment on the actual thread - this is a really good step, and I think more studios should do this. It's tough to locate these top players, and to decide who to go for. But, to even get some outside information is good, besides the standard playtesting. I don't believe that player's input should be final by any means, but I think that games developers are not necessarily hardcore gamers, and perhaps won't know the limits of the system they have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom