• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory inviting top DMC players to test DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Look at his lines now:

Sheesh, sometimes it really
does seem like you people are
just looking for something to
complain about...

If he can't see[understand] what others say, then he shouldn't be pointing fingers like that. Don't you think ??

Chrysander

This whole thing is to do with what me and berto said, not Incognito - who has only said that he doesn't understand what Tameem said about 30 vs 60. I'm happy for people to disagree! :)

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
^Actually, Berto never said anything about FPS (atleast not on the previous page) until he went on explaining things to me. So that involves only two of us.

Btw, that was pretty good explaination in context to 30 vs 60.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I agree with the whole 30fps thing said by chrysander.

@Asmo

You really need to learn not to write off peoples opinions as "trying to find something to complain about". They are just giving their input on what has been revealed or shown. People could tell you that your just looking for posts to challenge that say negative things about NT or that you look for posts to to degrade and write off as mere bitching. But that type of attitude only causes problems.

I've said this many times to you dude. Just let them have their opinion. You don't have to challenge every post that has something negative to say about this game or that you deem as ridiculous. And if you MUST disagree, than please do it in a respectful manner. Your post was just fine up until you decided to add this part at the end...

Sheesh, sometimes it really does seem like you people are just looking for something to complain about...

And back on to the 30fps thing.

Its only natural that alot of fans are concerned about it. Having a game series that you have become accustomed to now running at HALF the speed is going to worry some fans. That does not mean that they are just bitching or trying to find something to complain about. Its just means that they are conveying their obvious concern to this different engine DmC will be running. Will the game running at 30fps kill it? Maybe not, maybe so, but time will tell.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Awesome explanation of this 30fps/60fps guys. I really had no idea before your explanation.

Let us hope that the gane is good enough even in 30fps. Do we know what the previous DMCs or other action games (God of War, the last Castlevania.etc) were using? I'd really like to know.

After all it's really annoying when in a game, sometimes the dodge button saves you just the instant before getting hit (giving you an immense advantage) whereas in others you have to push it almost before the enemy charges up at you. The first one is great and really realistic when you have to do with demigod characters like Dante etc, whereas the other is just plain annoying. But I guess we shall see.

Asmodaius

I hope that "you" wasn't meant for me and if it was, then I've had enough from you. You are too smart for me and I'm too dumb for you. So no matter how dumb I play here, please don't reply my comments and I shall do the same. I've seen enough, so would like to end it in a mature way.
Sorry if I sound rather rude, I'm literally at the peak of my anger.

Whauw, someone took that rather personally. No, I wasn't targetting you specifically, just people in general. There's no need to get all pent up on anger here, I'm just sick of people who keep judging on things when they have no idea how it will be in-game.

I'm aware about the differences between 30fps and 60fps, but until you (as in not YOU you but EVERYONE!) have actually played the game, you (again not YOU you, but as said, everyone) won't really know how it feels like. So yes, to me (as in ME me, not everyobody else) it really does seem like people are just reaching at straws to find something to complain about. I can understand if people worry about it, but to prematurely make an opinion about it and go all "Nyeh, that sucks!" is simply beyond me. And it is always the same people on this forum who does this! It is the same people who keep judging at things and finding new things to complain about over and over again, and it is usually things like this which they have no idea about how it will actually be in-game.

I see it as whining. I do not want to bash at other people's opinions, but at least back it up with some facts!
Yes, as said, fact is, 30fps is not 60fps, but no one here knows how it affects the gameplay. They can only make theories about it, from what they have experienced of past games. My personal experience is that as long it is performed well, it doesn't really matter all that much, as long the gameplay is done well with what they (and by they I mean Ninja Theory/Capcom) got. I doubt they would go with 30fps if it meant it would worsen the gameplay. Try think logically here, people. Why would they intentionally worsen the gameplay? They wouldn't.

You guys can have your worries, but as said, until you have actually played the game and had a feel of it, then you are in no state to form a valid opinion about it.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Asmodaius, simply the explanation that you were not referring to that member was enough. There is absolutely no need to go all sarcastic-mode. I'm referring to the part where you explain the You/Me stuff.

Also, simply because you believe that no one should have to whine or not like something because they haven't got their hands on it, you are not justified to post all annoyed like that. I understand that you got annoyed (or as you said sick) with some stuff, but that does not have anything to do with this thread. If some member makes you sick, they seem "beyond you" etc. that's your own bussiness and you should stop posting them here. Just PM the member leaving a comment like "Dude, I didn't mean you, we're cool." and you're ok.
What you wrote just now could very well start a new flame. Keep yourself calm.

I agree with you that no one should judge something just from hearing something, or seeing only a trailer. However, people's opinions pop up just like. They watch the trailer, they see something they don't like, and of course it affects their opinion about the game/movie/thing. They can't help it. And these boards are here for discussion. If you are tired of seeing people who just dislike it, without facts as you say, then refrain of posting in those threads, or refrain from posting stuff that would provoke them. If you absolutely can't agree to disagree with a 'hater' then do so politely.

Also if someone wants to say something about opinions/members and generally something NOT-RELATED-WITH-THIS-THREAD then he/she can talk to me/any member in person. Not release their annoyance in this thread. This thread is for (polite) DmC discussion only. Agree to disagree/ignore each other/summon Blue-Eyes White Dragons but do not start conversations that might result in flames.

I hope no flame will start here. If it does, I'm locking this thread immediately. Carry on.

Asmodaius

I understand if people get provoked by the way I post, I am very sarcastic by nature, so please, don't take the stuff I write too personally. I apologize if I hit anyone's soft spot and got them all pent up because of any of my posts. And no, I do not wish to start a flame war, however, I see no harm in having a heated debate now and then, but I understand if some people are too angsty and are afraid it will ruin a thread.

I really do not understand why there are people who so willingly succumb to premature judgement, unless they actually WANT to bash something or someone. If it is not because they want to hate, is it due to ignorance then? Why is it the same people keep finding a new point about this game they can hate on? If someone could explain these things to me, then I might get a better understanding of those people.

So yeah, if anyone can explain this to me, then please, send me a PM.

berto

I Saw the Devil
In this situation we have a unique oportunity to have this question answered prior to the game, or even the demo's, release. The players who were invited would be the most oportune people to tell us if this issue is in fact an issue since they can push the game further than most and tell us if 30 fps is a hindrance or if they managed to make the game perform as well as if it were running at 60 like they said.
Most gamers facing this argument would have to wait till their title of choise is released to find out if it's true or not.

Chrysander

With simple reasoning it's possible to understand what 30 fps will mean. Until I see otherwise, I'll treat it as a bad thing, I don't see why anyone would do otherwise, unless they don't know what the problems associated with frame drops are.

Some games drop frames instead of slow down, to cope with massive amounts of enemies or explosions etc. Then they go back up to full frames once they are past the extreme bit. If you've played a game where that's happened for a few moments, imagine playing the whole game like that - it would not be pleasant. Those frame drops are not always so extreme, but still noticeable like the game is chugging. A drop by 50% is going to be noticeable to anybody who is half awake.

But maybe everything I'm saying would be easier to swallow if I'd put "in my opinion" and "there's a 0.00001% chance I could be wrong but". I'm happy to be proven wrong by the final product, but I won't just say "yeah, whatever, lose half the frames, I love DmC" until then - when everything else tells me it's looking bad

EDIT: If someone said to me "I'm going to make you a meal, it'll be garlic, icecream, orange, mint, menthol and jam" - I wouldn't say "I'll wait and see how it tastes!" I think I'd say "It sounds like a terrible idea". I would be surprised if it tasted good.

Asmodaius

- when everything else tells me it's looking bad

Well, you can have a look at the gameplay trailer and then tell me if you think it looks bad. Just looking at the numbers and thinking theoretically isn't enough. To me that is giving a, pardon my French, half-assed opinion, and that is what is bothering me - that people judge something before experiencing it.

EDIT: If someone said to me "I'm going to make you a meal, it'll be garlic, icecream, orange, mint, menthol and jam" - I wouldn't say "I'll wait and see how it tastes!" I think I'd say "It sounds like a terrible idea". I would be surprised if it tasted good.

I've tasted chocolate with chili in it. It's not within my taste, and I admit, at first I was all "Who the heck came up with that stupid idea?!", but as it turns out, it is not as bad as I thought. Again, I tasted it, I didn't like it that much, but at least I tried it.

What you described doesn't sound half-bad though. Maybe the garlic is giving the desert an extra kick. I'm no master chef, so I wouldn't know. But don't judge it before you have tried it. ;)

It's the same with DmC. If you have tried other games that went 30fps and didn't like it, then that is totally alright. But you don't know how it will feel like in DmC. You have the basic idea of it with the experience gained from other games, and therefore you might not care for it, but to outright say it is a bad thing is not within your comprehension to judge just yet. When you have tried the game, I will accept your opinion as valid. Until then, I can only see your rants as simple fan-rage.

I'm sorry if that offends you, but that's how I see it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
But are you willing to spend 65$ for something that doesn't even sound appealing to you? I supose that's what demos and free samples are for but without trying it before hand would you pay $7 for that chili with chocolate?

Asmodaius

But are you willing to spend 65$ for something that doesn't even sound appealing to you? I supose that's what demos and free samples are for but without trying it before hand would you pay $7 for that chili with chocolate?

If it doesn't appeal to me, then no, I would not spend money on it. I am not telling anyone to go buy the game. I am just saying that no one can give a valid opinion before having experienced it. So if Chrysander decides not to play the game one way or the other, not necessarily buying it him/herself, then I'm going to disregard his/her opinions about the game, because he/she is only basing it on second-hand info and is therefore not valid enough for me to accept it.

He/she can state his/her opinion about the info given and the footage seen so far. He/she can say "I do not like the sound of the game going 30fps, because of my past experiences with games going 30fps.", but to say "The game is going to be 30fps, ergo that means the game is bad." is pure ignorancy.

Let me try come with another example. I am a homosexual man. I have never been with a woman, and I never intend to, because it is not within my taste and I am rather turned off by the thought of it. However, you will NEVER hear me say "Sex with a woman is bad." because it is not within my comprehension to say so as I have never experienced it, not to mention that it is a bad generalisation as one woman is different from the next.

Just because one game going 30fps might be bad doesn't mean that all games going 30fps are bad. However, if you do not like the idea of playing a game that goes 30fps, then no one is forcing you to play it, but that also means you are not able to give out a valid opinion about it.

Do you see my point?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Certainly. I agree that just because the game doesn't equate to it been a bad game however it raises the question of the game been up to standard. The reason for going with unreal was so that they could have transforming backgrounds and shifting lanscapes, but is that worth the tradeback? The shifting landscape only serves as plataforming and will that make the flashyness's appeal last in coparison to the advanteges of combat at 60fps? As it stands only time will tell.

PS: as a gay dude you should know better than anyone that even if there's nothing bad about sex with a woman sex with the wrong woman could be the worst possible dessision a man will ever make.

Asmodaius

PS: as a gay dude you should know better than anyone that even if there's nothing bad about sex with a woman sex with the wrong woman could be the worst possible dessision a man will ever make.

I have indeed heard the urban myths, but I have never, and will never, experience it myself. ;P

berto

I Saw the Devil
Nothing to do with experience, it's the fact that a woman's wilds don't do **** for you so you are able to see her for who she is unlike us straighties who don't acctually care about anything but her wilds.

Asmodaius

Nothing to do with experience, it's the fact that a woman's wilds don't do **** for you so you are able to see her for who she is unlike us straighties who don't acctually care about anything but her wilds.

What you say is that because I am gay, I am able to see a woman for what she really is? Well D'UHH! Why do you think I'm gay to begin with? Women are NUTS! ;P

Just kidding... (not really) XD

Chrysander

I'm not offended, don't worry. I wouldn't call what I'm saying fan rage - I think I've explained very clearly what the problem is with 30 fps, I still haven't heard a counter-point to it. Regarding "wait until you play it" - yes, I am waiting. But in the meantime, I still have an opinion on what I know and have seen, I don't just have an empty space in my brain. Yes, I may be surprised when I play it. I've seen all the footage available for the game, and I'm not impressed. Looks better than it did to start with, but still no DMC3 at this stage. To me, 60 fps is fundamental, a drop in that suggests that they don't know what they're doing - they are prioritizing this building warping thing over a fundamental aspect of the gameplay.

Why is it that when people have something negative to say about the game, people say "don't be negative, wait and see what it's like". But when people are positive, the same people are not stepping in and saying "don't be positive, wait and see what it's like"? Judging the game on what we've seen so far is only natural. If we don't discuss what we have seen of the game so far, and our opinions on it, what are we doing on this forum?

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Wow... You sure have a way of speaking brilliantly :D

In context to "don't be negative, wait
and see what it's like" para, I thought of saying that myself but I rather decided to keep my mouth shut 'cause some people seriously don't understand that it's not at all narrow-minded to make an opinion on what we've seen so far. And to reiterate what you said at last, the point of this forum is to discuss and express your opinions on things shown this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom