• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Next DMC at TGS??

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I hope that they reduce amount of arena fights during exploration. I found it more enjoyable to travel back and forth between rooms without need to beat crap out of all enemies. I prefer they return to how it was made in DMC1 (except mid-bosses and tougher enemies encounters)

Why reduce that though? Having to go back into the same room or exploring a castle with nothing to fight can get pretty boring really quick. Especially if there's a need to have to take steps back just to keep going forward. Small backtracking is fine, but not DMC4's complete the level forward then do it again backwards crap.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Why reduce that though? Having to go back into the same room or exploring a castle with nothing to fight can get pretty boring really quick. Especially if there's a need to have to take steps back just to keep going forward. Small backtracking is fine, but not DMC4's complete the level forward then do it again backwards crap.
I meant something else. I mean that even, if enemies spawn you won't be locked in room all the time. By running to often you won't get enough points for style meter, at the same time one can avoid unnecessary battles/hard fights if you low on energy like in old REs.
I don't want whole levels backtracking, but returning to look for secret missions would be nice.

DragonMaster2010

I meant something else. I mean that even, if enemies spawn you won't be locked in room all the time. By running to often you won't get enough points for style meter, at the same time one can avoid unnecessary battles/hard fights if you low on energy like in old REs.
I don't want whole levels backtracking, but returning to look for secret missions would be nice.

Oh I see. But doesn't that back fire as well? I mean if you had the option to leave fights, you won't level up as much and that will have an affect on later battles. I learned this from KH re:COM where if you just ran away from battles, you don't level up your stats and fighting bosses gets even harder.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Oh I see. But doesn't that back fire as well? I mean if you had the option to leave fights, you won't level up as much and that will have an affect on later battles. I learned this from KH re:COM where if you just ran away from battles, you don't level up your stats and fighting bosses gets even harder.
True. But I think it's kinda like in survival horror where you need to think where to use resources. For example in DMC1 there is place on DMD where you need to fight 2 shadows in obstructed terrain, which becomes more hassle than it worth, so it makes sense to avoid them as fast as you can.

DragonMaster2010

True. But I think it's kinda like in survival horror where you need to think where to use resources. For example in DMC1 there is place on DMD where you need to fight 2 shadows in obstructed terrain, which becomes more hassle than it worth, so it makes sense to avoid them as fast as you can.

But that's the thing; for a survival horror game, that could work. But Devil May Cry isn't survival horror. Not since DMC1 at least. Plus that level you described seemed like a good add in for a challenge since it IS DMD mode which is suppose to be a bitch to beat.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
But that's the thing; for a survival horror game, that could work. But Devil May Cry isn't survival horror. Not since DMC1 at least. Plus that level you described seemed like a good add in for a challenge since it IS DMD mode which is suppose to be a bitch to beat.
Its true. Though I think that level that consist only from progression from one arena to another can get quite reptetive. So if there is fair mix inbetween I don't think it's that bad.. Well at least it worked well in DMC1. No, of course if game completely linear it won't matter for another purpose that speedrun, but if there is some share of exploration i can imagine it gets annoying to stop at every pack of enemies.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
On the Topic. If Capcom is working on DMC, a TGS reveal would be as good of a time as any. Capcom's been pretty sparse in general this year (E3 was pretty light on their end). If they where planning on dropping info this year, TGS is our best bet. My naïve side is screaming for DmC: Ultimate ever since Revelations 2 info came out.

Now on the current subject, I did find swapping Styles/Modes to Trigger and Weapons to D-Pad more intuitive; but I ask why not both? Why not the next game have the option to swap controller layouts between Orignal and DmC Style, with Style/Mode Switching being toggled on or held down.
Edit: And Dragon already brought up the toggle option. Hurray for reading. X)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Now on the current subject, I did find swapping Styles/Modes to Trigger and Weapons to D-Pad more intuitive; but I ask why not both? Why not the next game have the option to swap controller layouts between Orignal and DmC Style, with Style/Mode Switching being toggled on or held down.
I already have my own control scheme thought out... more or less. I could PM it, if you want.

Viper

Premium
That next week can't come fast enough. *takes out a list*
Red outfit? Check.
Pizza ingredients? Check.
*looks at the plastic kiddie katana on the shelf* Closest to a sword I'll ever own? Check.
White hair? *pulls out a single gray hair* Slowly getting there...
If there is news, I'll scream in happiness and celebrate with pizza. If there is no news, I'll sob and eat pizza while watching old videos.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, someone freshen me up. How does TGS work? It's not like E3 where they hold large conferences, is it? It's just news and trailers, isn't it?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I always though there are conferences, but mostly from japanese developers. As example Microsoft is present but won#t hold conference of it's own

DragonMaster2010

At this point I don't care if it's DMC or DmC. Just do SOMETHING with Devil May Cry Capcom. It is literally one of your last shining gems. Do NOT dirty it up.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I REALLY hope they'll announce DMC5 at TGS, but I don't think so. However, looks like Capcom said they were going back to in-house development for Devil May Cry, ignoring the reboot, so I believe there will be an announcement of a DMC5 eventually. After all, Devil May Cry is one of their best selling brands, I don't think they'll drop it completely.

Top Bottom