• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Next DMC at TGS??

The Final Offer

I just quoted what you said. I think you should finally adopt basic responsibility for what you write. All I did, I asked few questions based on your statements. You failed to provide answer to them. Not really anyone's fault beside yourself
oh...so you into this...ok. Go watch your cartoon about ponies. Maybe you learn something useful from it.

Well, Mr. Flip Flop....you brought this in with your babybag....I mean, I can't have you pointing at a rattler to show me where life touched you.

But, I'm getting a good sense of where...so this is progress.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I suggest that you guys stop this really immature bickering and put each other on your Ignore lists, respectably. That's kind of the point in why the Ignore Function was implemented (to try and stop pettiness like this) yet it is overlooked because people would rather just think they can get the better over everyone else. And at the end of the day it won't help if you try to make a trillion reasons up as to why you weren't 'in the wrong'. If you're adding to the argument, you're aiding that argument. I think it's about time some of you guys had a bit of respect as to not derail somebody's thread and if you want to scream at each until you're red in the face, you could at least take it elsewhere such as a Conversation.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I........I don't even.

I've been perfectly clear and I don't know how much more I can break it down. He's just ignoring it all. Also, maybe we can just let some of the mods know, he's the first to start casting stones once again.

I'm not gonna get dragged in to that crap again, but the proof is in the pudding above about everything me, and other people, have already said about him.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It's easy for tempers to flare when your passionate about somethin dude, you aren't the first and eon't be the last to do that.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well to add to what Chancey said (pages ago) I'd want elements of DmC put into a possible DMC5.

>DmC had faster weapon switching at the press of a trigger. It had faster attack switching like from Prop shredder to inverse rain storm to air combos. It was slick and smooth compared to DMC4 where I needed to press 20 buttons to get the same result. It's ridiculous. I'd like to to travel on to a DMC5.

>I don't give a f*ck what anyone says; air gameplay was one of the best elements of the DmC game and it shouldn't be lost for a possible DMC5.

>Graphics were damn good in DmC. Better facial animation, better visuals on the environment, better progression of levels and not "go forward, go back, go side ways, how wack". Just a linear path to take while killing demons would be good for a DMC5.

>If Vergil returns give him his own story. It's not hard Capcom.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
The only thing I didn't like about DmC was the fact that it tried to change the core theme of DMC. So, if they decided to bring back DMC's theme and story and keep DmC's combat, graphics, engine, animations, I would be qite happy. The only thing I want gone is the angel and demon weapons, and maybe also the recoil effect that dante had, where he stumbles and stuff.

The Final Offer

I think the engine should change. The camerawork should be the same as DMC. Hard lock should make a return.

What's new and needs to be in DMC 5 is the quick switch buttons. Hold L2 or R2 for whatever weapon you've selected for those slots. These weapon slots should be upgradeable at the Divinity Statue. To top weapon switching off, there should be a tap function to lock in that weapon (I thought about you lock on types).

Character selection should be added. Don't give us two characters in DMC 2,3, and 4 then not 5. I'd also like it if hidden missions boosted the difficulty x2.

Give us a vast world to discover. I'm not going to be so lenient with this linear gameplay! I expect these new consoles to provide us with amazing, destructible, and interactive environments. No more empty buildings and streets! I literally argued with someone over the existence of humans in DMC 3! Not cool!

I'd like some character and more environmental hazards for enemies.

Character oriented stories. This would make a good reason to search for hidden missions wouldn't it? Also, this idea came from DmC's blue rose. I'm certain this was an idea that couldn't meet the deadline.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I really don't think you should have to hold a button just to be able to use a weapon. I didn't find it very comfortable in DmC when doing elaborate combos (my fingers were everywhere), and I don't want to have to focus my attention on holding down a button (L2 or R2) all the time. Just pressing it once is fine.

But yeah, I agree with much of what The Final Offer said. That said, destructible environments aren't necessary - that stuff can cost a lot of processing power. Aside from that, it can also clutter up the screen and cause clipping, which can be annoying.

- I would say that a little more customization would be nice. To be able to change Dante/Nero's clothing and weapons, both in terms of shape and color. If these guys are demon hunters, I expect them to be able to work on their weapons, and to even create traps if they wanted to. It's 2014 - games should include way more RPG elements than they do right now. If you don't care about RPG elements, you can always just leave it alone.

- Also, it would be nice if environments seemed lived in, yes. Maybe we could encounter some people and do side-missions to defeat powerful demons who keep their family members hostage... I dunno. Just something small but rewarding.

- No forced character switching. I really didn't like needing to change to Dante for a few missions, then changing back to Nero. They should just make one campaign for each character. Additionally, being able to join the campaign with a second controller would be nice. I suppose Nero and Dante could fight side by side that way.

- The ability to turn lock-on on or off. Pretty sure DMC4 had different types of lock-on too, and it worked. No sudden twitchy switching between enemies.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I really don't think you should have to hold a button just to be able to use a weapon. I didn't find it very comfortable in DmC when doing elaborate combos (my fingers were everywhere), and I don't want to have to focus my attention on holding down a button (L2 or R2) all the time. Just pressing it once is fine.

Dude, I don't know about consoles but on PC you had the option to press just a key for your mapped style without having to hold onto it. You tap 'Q', demon style; you tap 'E', angel style. Like that.

My list,
- No backtracking. Not even once.
- Return of hard lock-on.
- No fu.cking stupid f.ucking color-coded f.ucking annoying enemies.
- No killing a boss more than once, even in the same fight.
- No overemphasis on air combat.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Dude, I don't know about consoles but on PC you had the option to press just a key for your mapped style without having to hold onto it. You tap 'Q', demon style; you tap 'E', angel style. Like that.

My list,
- No backtracking. Not even once.
- Return of hard lock-on.
- No fu.cking stupid f.ucking color-coded f.ucking annoying enemies.
- No killing a boss more than once, even in the same fight.
- No overemphasis on air combat.
Yeah, but to keep using your angel/demon weapon, you needed to hold the left trigger/right trigger. Didn't see any option to change it to 'toggle' instead of 'hold', though if it's possible on PC, I may have missed it on the 360.

I agree with everything in your list, btw.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yeah, but to keep using your angel/demon weapon, you needed to hold the left trigger/right trigger. Didn't see any option to change it to 'toggle' instead of 'hold', though if it's possible on PC, I may have missed it on the 360.

I agree with everything in your list, btw.

Why not just have the option to hold the trigger or press it once.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I hope that they reduce amount of arena fights during exploration. I found it more enjoyable to travel back and forth between rooms without need to beat crap out of all enemies. I prefer they return to how it was made in DMC1 (except mid-bosses and tougher enemies encounters)

Top Bottom