• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Sigs/Artwork

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Gmaps? I just used a stock image behind the render then played/blended around with some effects and flowed the colours.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Oh.

At least you remember what you did!:p Once I finished that Burst Angel sig I completely forgot how I made her skin look that way! xD

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I do that all the time. When I make a cool effect or something good, i completely forgot how I done it and then kick myself afterwards XD I'm focused more on my Digi art at the moment, it's pretty damn difficult getting the pressure and turning opacity up and down all the time with pen settings...there's no tutorials for it either >_>
Hrm, maybe it would be interesting to share some techniques and show our results?

Keaton

Premium
This is what I managed to do in my lunch break ^__^

NEARFARINAMOTORCAR1.png

Sparda™

The best opacity settings are at 20% - 40% - 70% - 100%.

There are also various techniques as of using the Eraser with Opacity set to one of the levels above and toy around with It to get the desired effect.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Sparda™;148244 said:
The best opacity settings are at 20% - 40% - 70% - 100%.

There are also various techniques as of using the Eraser with Opacity set to one of the levels above and toy around with It to get the desired effect.

Yeah I have the basics down with tablet techniques and understand how to blend using the CTRL setting and opacity jitter, its more using the wet edges for clothing taking its time, otherwise it takes time to blend.
And awesome Keaton, really well done ;D

Sparda™

I usually use Smudge/Blur/Sharpen Tool, Dodge/Burn Tool, Gradient Tool, Clone Stamp/Heal Tool, Pen Tool and the Eraser to get the desired blending.

I sometimes am not satisfied with something and I do It all over again. I can remember the patterns to a certain outcome but I always want to get the best out of It.

Experimenting is always good.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Sparda™;148254 said:
I usually use Smudge/Blur/Sharpen Tool, Dodge/Burn Tool, Gradient Tool, Clone Stamp/Heal Tool, Pen Tool and the Eraser to get the desired blending.

I sometimes am not satisfied with something and I do It all over again. I can remember the patterns to a certain outcome but I always want to get the best out of It.

Experimenting is always good.

When Digi painting apparently smuding to blend isn't the right way to do it unless you're using other effects, I got a book explaining minor details that manual blending with Eyedropper tool is more effective and sketchy kinda.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nice to see this thread is being put to good use, and very nice work to everybody so far. But I'd like to remind you of Angel's comments, were we put aside the egos. It's nice you artists are giving your say on things, but when someone has a difference of opinion it can turn into an argument; which isn't necessary.

If you guys and girls wish to mention how you personally do things, how about you give some tips as to how to achieve the effects you know yourself? I know some of you are already doing that, which is good and it would be nice if that were to continue.

~Thanks

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Er, here's a good tip I learned.

Open a 400x120 box (make sure it's a trasparent setting)

Use the fill tool in black on your first layer.

Make another new layer, select a brush you like, abstract kinda works best, make sure its in white and using different tones and filled quite substantially but keeping some black. Make sure to sharpen it depending on brush.

Once thats done, select a render you like ie anime, games, etc

Paste it onto a new layer above the brushed one. Go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian blur > Set it to 3.0 pixels. Now duplicate it.
Set on on top of the brushed layer and one underneath.

Set the top layer you blured to Overlay or Softlight. You'll see it's blended colour into the white brushed layer.

Duplicate the brushed layer and set it on TOP of all other layers, also set that to Overlay or softlight.

And now, paste your render in. Make a new layer and Image > Apply image.

Sounds complicated but its pretty easy. You can play around with it from there. Okay ive had enough of writing XD

Sparda™

There are some tips about making some manipulations of renders/focal points.

As you can see my Dante-Trish-Love tag, I made Dante's hand to grab Trish's hip, in a kissing pose. By cutting out the whole hand in the default stance and adjusting the lighting with Dodge/Burn Tools, using the Smudging Tool and the Clone Stamp Tool, you are able to give the arm a more realistic look.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
LordOfDarkness;148278 said:
Nice to see this thread is being put to good use, and very nice work to everybody so far. But I'd like to remind you of Angel's comments, were we put aside the egos. It's nice you artists are giving your say on things, but when someone has a difference of opinion it can turn into an argument; which isn't necessary.

If you guys and girls wish to mention how you personally do things, how about you give some tips as to how to achieve the effects you know yourself? I know some of you are already doing that, which is good and it would be nice if that were to continue.

~Thanks
Er, kinda awkward bro.

I'll type what I do out in a moment, but it's nothing really amazing.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
And here's my amazing tip:

Open MS Paint. Take mouse in right hand (I'm a leftie but use my right for the mouse) and click on the paint brush. Adjust the size accordingly then begin to draw your desired picture. If you want to colour in large spaces, then use the paint fill tool. If you like, you can change colours as well by clicking the desired shade in the colour palette. And if you are feeling especially bold and creative, you can even use other tools, but to be honest most of them look terrible. Anywho, before long, you too will have amazing pieces of art just like me:

21azoz8.jpg

Admit it guys - I've got some mad skillz....:cool:

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Angel;148434 said:

Open MS Paint. Take mouse in right hand (I'm a leftie but use my right for the mouse) and click on the paint brush. Adjust the size accordingly then begin to draw your desired picture. If you want to colour in large spaces, then use the paint fill tool. If you like, you can change colours as well by clicking the desired shade in the colour palette. And if you are feeling especially bold and creative, you can even use other tools, but to be honest most of them look terrible. Anywho, before long, you too will have amazing pieces of art just like me:

21azoz8.jpg

Simply amazing!

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Angel;148434 said:

21azoz8.jpg

Genious!

Top Bottom