• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Mortal Kombat!!!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Her cloning process been interrupted by Kitana herself so I don't think she's gonna make it in MKX. Don't get me wrong, Mileena is my favorite female character in MK series, I kicked many asses with her. I hope that Ed Boon will compensate us with new badass female character.
Mileena and Kitana are the best known girls in MK along with Sonya and Sonya has her daughter in MKX so Sonya prob won't show up, so Mileena is the only well known MK babe left who survived MK9. She better show up along with Smoke, otherwise MKX is instantly inferior to MK9 in my opinion.
It doesn't look all that different from MK9. Besides MK never was completely "happy" game. And i wouldn't call MK9 not depressing considering how they basically butchered entire cast of characters. If you need goofy characters, I think MK is wrong place to look for. It's rather Tekken and SF territory
It's not all happy and goofy yeah, but it is over the top, that's why I love MK9, it's bloody, it's fun, it's nuts.
It's a Video Game and it knows it, it's not trying to be some super serious and gritty piece of art.
MK9 did have color and really went extreme, the MK girls were over the top badass and looked great, the MK guys were awesome, the mini games were addictive and the whole game was just so much fun to keep on playing.
What I'm saying is I want Video Games to be Video Games and to stop trying to be Art.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's not all happy and goofy yeah, but it is over the top, that's why I love MK9, it's bloody, it's fun, it's nuts.
It's a Video Game and it knows it, it's not trying to be some super serious and gritty piece of art.
MK9 did have color and really went extreme, the MK girls were over the top badass and looked great, the MK guys were awesome, the mini games were addictive and the whole game was just so much fun to keep on playing.
What I'm saying is I want Video Games to be Video Games and to stop trying to be Art.
I think you are to early to judge. So far they shown new chars and couple of places and from what I've seen, all those places are based on original stages, like Living Forest, Island Bay and something looking like construction site of Blaze's Pyramide. So i wouldn't be so hasty on to judge how serious it would be in the end. At least to me it looks same as previous MKs

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I think you are to early to judge. So far they shown new chars and couple of places and from what I've seen, all those places are based on original stages, like Living Forest, Island Bay and something looking like construction site of Blaze's Pyramide. So i wouldn't be so hasty on to judge how serious it would be in the end. At least to me it looks same as previous MKs
I'm not judging it all just yet, but what I've seen so far isn't making me any more excited for the game, non of the revealed characters interest me in the slightest, even Scorpion, I don't like his new design, didn't like his Injustice design either, that's mostly because I thought his MK9 design was perfect and unbeatable. His unlockable outfit in MK9 is my favorite.
I just hope more appealing characters show up.
Plus I don't like all the other cosmetic changes of MKX, like the fonts of the "FIGHT", "FINISH HIM" and FATALITY" texts that come up, plus the health bars.
In MK9 they all looked awesome and like they belong in a Mortal Kombat game, these new ones just don't IMO.
They look plain.
mkx_gameplay_finishher-820x420.png

351683ced9-mortal-kombat-27166.jpg

The MKX one just doesn't look as good as the MK9 one IMO.
Also there's the "FATALITY", in MK9 it showed up on screen as a bloody text, doing the fatality justice.
Mortal-Kombat-Screenshot-Fatality.jpg

cassie-cage-fatality-mk10.jpg

In MKX, it's just a plain text.
I know I'm being nit picky, but I love MK9 and I want MKX to live up to it, so far it's just not impressing me.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm not judging it all just yet, but what I've seen so far isn't making me any more excited for the game, non of the revealed characters interest me in the slightest, even Scorpion, I don't like his new design, didn't like his Injustice design either, that's mostly because I thought his MK9 design was perfect and unbeatable. His unlockable outfit in MK9 is my favorite.
I just hope more appealing characters show up.
Plus I don't like all the other cosmetic changes of MKX, like the fonts of the "FIGHT", "FINISH HIM" and FATALITY" texts that come up, plus the health bars.
In MK9 they all looked awesome and like they belong in a Mortal Kombat game, these new ones just don't IMO.
They look plain.
Ah, ok, i understand where's your problem is. Well just wait and see, maybe it won't be as boring as it looks now. I'm for one is very hyped for new characters (except for Cage's daughter) and im happy they finally add someone new to the cast and maybe push story forward.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Dunno if legit, but here's picture of Smoke:
lD6ThYG.jpg

Looks like a Zombie Smoke, that reminds me...... Zombie Liu Kang return as well?

Hell maybe the whole dead MK9 roster will return as zombies, who knows?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Looks like a Zombie Smoke, that reminds me...... Zombie Liu Kang return as well?

Hell maybe the whole dead MK9 roster will return as zombies, who knows?
It looks like they gonna turn him in demon like thing like Noob Saibot or specter as Scorpion

Maxman

he won't be there. only his daughter will
ED BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

I AM COMING FOR YOU MOTHERFUCKER

I WILL SHORYUKEN YOUR ARSE, FADC IT, AND PULL OFF MY FINAL DESTRUCTION ULTRA

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

On the Other Hand I like Cassie Cage :3

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
ED BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

I AM COMING FOR YOU MOTHERFUCKER

I WILL SHORYUKEN YOUR ARSE, FADC IT, AND PULL OFF MY FINAL DESTRUCTION ULTRA

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

On the Other Hand I like Cassie Cage :3
lol I think she's combine Sonya and Cage's battlestyles.

Top Bottom