• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Mortal Kombat!!!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
mortal-kombat-poster_900.jpg

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/28/5758804/mortal-kombat-10-poster-rumor

I really can't wait for this, Mortal Kombat 9 stands as my all time favorite fighter and really it has everything I want in a video game in general.
I'm really excited for this!!

I just hope they don't mess up Scorpions design like they did in Injustice, also I hope it's nothing like Injustice.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Despite how Scorpion really shouldn't have been in Injustice to begin considering the loads of DC characters they already had to choose from (no Static Shock? Really?) he still looked kinda cool.

And it will most likely be like Injustice because, Injustice was a lot like Mortal Kombat.:meh:

It took what made MK 9 work so well and just plopped the DC characters in there. It was still a great fighter but wanting it to be not like Injustice is weird because it already was basically the same thing.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
To be fair I didn't even play much of Injustice anyway because I could care less about Superheroes in fighting games and don't really care for fighting games in general, Injustice was just boring IMO, I only got halfway through it's story mode before I stopped playing, I only like Mortal Kombat because it has everything I want in a video game, ultra violence, badass male characters kicking ass and badass female characters who kick ass and look good at the same time, hours of content or Kontent available(I'm addicted to Test Your Luck) and it just being an entertaining game in general.
I just hope Mortal Kombat X(they better call it that instead of MK2) is an improvement on Mortal Kombat 9 in every way, no casualizing or catering to the softies by toning down violence or Crofting up the MK girls, one thing I would really like MKX to do is fix it's story mode, if there's one thing I hate about MK9 and many other fighting games it's how they keep changing characters after a few fights and having to learn that ones moves all the time, let us choose a favorite fighter and play the story mode with that character or give each character a full story mode that doesn't end with a slideshow, would be a big step for fighters.

In terms of story, since I never played past MKs and MK9 was kind of a reboot, how will they bring back all the characters for MKX if it's a sequel, cause a lot of the characters got killed by Sindel in MK9?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I just like good fighting games. I really couldn't care less about story or how much violence is in it. I just like having cool varied characters and great fighting mechanics.

And just how much of a superhero fan I am I was happy to see superheroes get a good fighting game for once.

Maxman

I just like good fighting games. I really couldn't care less about story or how much violence is in it. I just like having cool varied characters and great fighting mechanics.

And just how much of a superhero fan I am I was happy to see superheroes get a good fighting game for once.
Same here, pretty much agreed C:
Speaking of Superhero Fighting, have you tried UMVC3 ? ;3
I liked it ALOT, i thought it was better than Injustice

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Same here, pretty much agreed C:
Speaking of Superhero Fighting, have you tried UMVC3 ? ;3
I liked it ALOT, i thought it was better than Injustice
Eh, I prefer MvC 2 at the arcade. I don't know, I don't like playing it on the console. Didn't care much for MvC 3.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I do hope that Mortal Kombat X has existing characters, Smoke, Scorpion and Mileena are my favorites and I think Scorpion and Mileena survived MK9.
Scratching the entire roster and bringing on a entirely new roster doesn't seem right since they just introduced the prime MK roster to a new generation, so removing that roster doesn't seem like a good move, adding on that second roster is a good move though, more and more fighters is better.

Maxman

@Maxman
Marvel vs Capcom3 ?
I love that, i still have Fate of two worlds cause i wasn't going to spend an additional 30 to get the ultimate.

I like Marvel vs Capcom3 because it's a button masher & button mashers have serious flexibility.
And it wasn't that slow grabby StreetFighter4.

Yeah Vampire, am talking about Marvel vs. Capcom 3, more specifically, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
I HIGHLY recommend you check out the ultimate content, like,really, I know its quite of a bummer seeing how Capcom milked off MVC3 and introduced the extra content with UMVC3,

But like really, UMVC3 introduces some REALLY cool "new" fighters like Vergil, Frank West, and more :p

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
The trailer was awesome, the music... wasn't.

But anyway.......

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!! :woot: :D

Give me Mileena!!!! :inlove:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
The trailer was okay... didn't really show anything aside from the old 'Scorpion vs Sub-Zero' stuff. Awful music. Sad to see Scorpion win again.

Anyway, I'm just hoping they remove that stupid X-Ray stuff and make the characters move normally. I often found Mortal Kombat 9 to be kind of cartoony (in a bad way) with the characters' weird wappy body movements and terrible cheesy lines at the start of battle. The story could use some improvement too, as in, don't force people to play as certain characters just because the plot demands it.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
To hell with Rap, only 1 rap is acceptable with Mortal Kombat and that is this one:

I actually liked the X ray moves and Scorpion is one of my 3 favorite characters in the pack, so I'm happy to see him remain dominate.
MK needs to stay over the top, if it gets too serious it'll loose it's charm.
Working on the story is ok as long as they don't undermine the gameplay.
Something I really wanna see is each character having their own story, I hate the main story mode where it keeps forcing you to learn to play as a new character.
Let people pick a favorite and play their story.
Smoke, Scorpion and Mileena FTW!!
F**k Sub Zero!!

MK9 is the only MK I've played and I really wanna go back and play past games, but they're gonna be so freaking hard to find.

I can't f**king wait for this!!

Please Elder Gods, let Mileena have a new outfit that can rival her MK9 one for the Best Alternate Ever achievement!!! :inlove::inlove:

The Final Offer

You know. I keep hearing about the music they chose for this trailer.

Hm. The music they chose for this trailer was actually MADE from the ground up as a Mortal Kombat trailer song. It's not something they pulled off of a CD. I listened to the lyrics and my goodness does it fit.

The mood isn't as epic as alot of people would believe. We've seen Zero and Scorpion fight so many damn times.....it's just meh now. I enjoyed every last bit of it though. I thought the music was an odd choice until I heard the lyrics.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Looks like they are taking a page out of Injustice for utilization of the environment during fights. Looks pretty cool though.

And if they add any special character then it should be Ash from Evil Dead. Because he's f#cking Ash and if I remember correctly Boon has been wanting him in MK for quite some time.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
To hell with Rap, only 1 rap is acceptable with Mortal Kombat and that is this one:

I actually liked the X ray moves and Scorpion is one of my 3 favorite characters in the pack, so I'm happy to see him remain dominate.
MK needs to stay over the top, if it gets too serious it'll loose it's charm.
Working on the story is ok as long as they don't undermine the gameplay.
Something I really wanna see is each character having their own story, I hate the main story mode where it keeps forcing you to learn to play as a new character.
Let people pick a favorite and play their story.
Smoke, Scorpion and Mileena FTW!!
F**k Sub Zero!!

MK9 is the only MK I've played and I really wanna go back and play past games, but they're gonna be so freaking hard to find.

I can't f**king wait for this!!

Please Elder Gods, let Mileena have a new outfit that can rival her MK9 one for the Best Alternate Ever achievement!!! :inlove::inlove:
How can you call yourself a gamer and never have played any previous Mortal Kombat? Like dafuq? I thought that was like, mandatory gaming?

Anyway, just get yourself an emulator for your PC. Boom. All the MK games to replay. I have Ultimate MK 3 on mine. Which I recommend highly.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
How can you call yourself a gamer and never have played any previous Mortal Kombat? Like dafuq? I thought that was like, mandatory gaming?

Anyway, just get yourself an emulator for your PC. Boom. All the MK games to replay. I have Ultimate MK 3 on mine. Which I recommend highly.
The thing is, my gaming life was extremely limited when I was young, especially down here in New Zealand, living in this lonely area out in the country, gaming info was really hard to get, plus we didn't really have much arcades down here, I never got internet access until late 2009.
The only way I could find out about new and different games was in the stores, through gaming mags or just watching what my friends were playing, hell I didn't even know about Resident Evil 4 until I noticed it at a rental store, I was aware of Mortal Kombat but since I didn't like fighting games I didn't give it a second look.
I never liked fighting games, they just weren't my thing back in the 90s growing up, I was pretty much pouring my entire childhood into Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Quake, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil etc, the only fighting game I played was one of the Street Fighters when I first got a PS1 and I didn't like it, never played any more fighting games after that, I finally saw MK 2011 when my girlfriend at the time really wanted to play it, since she liked Mileena, then that's when I played and loved it.

By all past MK games I mean I wanna play the PS2/Xbox ones as well and I rarely find a PS2 or Xbox emulator that works, playing the old ones will be no problem though.

Also Ash in Mortal Kombat is nothing without Bruce Campbell and Bruce won't play Ash unless Sam Rami is involved.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
People have been wondering if the trailer was in game or pre-rendered.
Looking at the trailer alone it's a bit hard to tell, but if you put the MK life bars there when they fight it actually looks in game and really like a Next Gen fighter.
I put this video together in the last half hour to see what it looks like and it really does look in game when you look at it from this perspective. I edited in all the little things for fun too :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The thing is, my gaming life was extremely limited when I was young, especially down here in New Zealand, living in this lonely area out in the country, gaming info was really hard to get, plus we didn't really have much arcades down here, I never got internet access until late 2009.
The only way I could find out about new and different games was in the stores, through gaming mags or just watching what my friends were playing, hell I didn't even know about Resident Evil 4 until I noticed it at a rental store, I was aware of Mortal Kombat but since I didn't like fighting games I didn't give it a second look.
I never liked fighting games, they just weren't my thing back in the 90s growing up, I was pretty much pouring my entire childhood into Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Quake, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil etc, the only fighting game I played was one of the Street Fighters when I first got a PS1 and I didn't like it, never played any more fighting games after that, I finally saw MK 2011 when my girlfriend at the time really wanted to play it, since she liked Mileena, then that's when I played and loved it.

By all past MK games I mean I wanna play the PS2/Xbox ones as well and I rarely find a PS2 or Xbox emulator that works, playing the old ones will be no problem though.

Also Ash in Mortal Kombat is nothing without Bruce Campbell and Bruce won't play Ash unless Sam Rami is involved.
emulator-zone.com

Check that site out. Best place to get emulators and when it comes to roms I go to Cool Roms. If you want to check out the ones for PS2 and Xbox then pretty much stick to Deadly Alliance and Deception because after that MK didn't have a good one until MK9.

MK9 really reinvigorated that franchise because it was going to complete sh!t. Glad it bounced back though.

The Final Offer

Rorschach is the guest character! I want to believe this and it's hard for me and you not to!

If you look on the alpha character selection screen you'll see him in the bottom middle. If that isn't him then ****!

Top Bottom