• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Info on DmC Reboot(Possibly..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampi

Asmodaius;274620 said:
I can tell that I can't make you understand what I'm saying. Oh well...

I know what you're trying to say. I'll highlight the portions of your earlier post just to let you know i understand what you're saying.

Asmodaius;274608 said:
Ah, I misunderstood you then, my apologies. I did not mean that DmC should be considered as part of the series storyline we know, as you said, Capcom has stated that it is not. What I meant was that fans of the past games shouldn't completely throw this new title out the window before even giving it a chance. There are elements of the Devil May Cry series in this game, and though it is not a continuation of the former storyline, then it -is- the next game in the series. I call it DmC5 so people know what game it is I am talking about, and also because it is the fifth Devil May Cry game.

The rest of it just contradicts what you're trying to say. That's the problem i have with your statement. You keep saying new title one moment and then call it DMC 5 which it is not.

Asmodaius

I call it DmC5 because it is the fifth Devil May Cry game. If I wrote DmC, some might think I mean the first game, because it is known as DMC in short. It is not to contradict myself. Would you feel better if I just wrote DmC then? Would that appease you?

Vampi

No just say that there's a new DMC spinoff or DMC Reboot. Simple as that. And it has nothing to do with the other series. DMC spinoff. And you don't have to get so passive aggressive with me. I'm just letting you know not to confuse the identity of the game.

Asmodaius

Vampi;274627 said:
No just say that there's a new DMC spinoff or DMC Reboot. Simple as that. And it has nothing to do with the other series. DMC spinoff. And you don't have to get so passive aggressive with me. I'm just letting you know not to confuse the identity of the game.

Sorry, sarcasm is a natural part of me. I'm not being passive aggressive though, but I can see why you would think that. :p

I said DmC5 exactly to -not- have people mistake what game I was talking about. And not to provoke you or anything, but I might do so for a while until the whole DmC title has grown more on people. I call it DmC5, some call it a reboot, some call it a spin-off.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Angel;274598 said:
So what's everyone's problem again? I can understand if they'd released it as DMC 5 but seeing as it's not, what is all the raging for across the boards?

Barking. Absolutely barking.

*Hugz Angel* I needed to hear that.

Thanks!

moseslmpg

Just FYI, DMC4 is actually the 5th released DMC game, including DMC 3D. If you include DMC Deadshot, DMC3 is the fifth game.

Suffice it to say DINO isn't DMC5 since it is a reboot, and it being the 5th console DMC doesn't change anything.

Awesome

I just don't like it for now. I don't like new Dante, his battle stance (looks like a weakling), I don't like his slow way of using E&I (atleast I think he is using them), nor a cigarette. New weapon is a refreshment though, NO MOAR REBBELION COMBOS, yay. Little interaction with environment is always good. I just hope that gameplay won't suck. Oh and there is one good thing about this game, no friggin' Vergil, yet! I won't moan anymore, I'll buy a game if it will offer something fun & original in terms of gameplay,styles and/or other fun stuff. Oh BTW, I realy hope that NT will create more moves for each weapon, and then let us choose what we'll use like in (forgotten hard and kinda dumb game named) God Hand.

p00ki3b3ar

Actually if this new DMC reboot game makes the sales like they want and become as big of a hit as they want it WILL be the end of the OLD Dante/DMC games there will not be no more of the old DMC games they will be replaced with the new style of DMC BUT if it DOES NOT MAKE IT, IT WILL ALSO MEAN THE END OF ALL DMC GAMES PERIOD! So no matter what we do its a lose lose situation. Sadly enough that is the truth and story that capcom nor the creators are telling anyone!:(

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
i'm just giving up the argument and saying this. the changes have enraged me to a level of sheer morbidity and scepticism that capcom is even capable of sticking to a storyline without jumping to another like some kid with adhd in a room full of toys, games and sugar. i love dmc, probably more then most ppl can say. i'll likely even rent this new title. but it most likely won't end up on my shelves next to the rest of the series. i refuse to even let dmc 2 near my other games. they're gonna have to fill in afew blanks to get me to except any of it. as for the mortal kombat comment, ppl complained? dude, they're taking it back to 2D, back to it's origins. how can that be a bad thing? and it fits with that universe. raiden would do that given the opportunity. i honestly wanted to see such an event where raiden had to time travel. but back on topic, i'll play it, but in the same context i played dmc 2. it's not a dmc to me.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
The part saying that the game takes place in a different universe makes me confuse....
Is Capcom trying to fool DMC fans so that they get curious a play the game??
If it is going to be in a different universe so just name the main character differently so that the image of Dante remains perfect...Capcom should come to realize that if they change universe they should change the whole system...
Well, one thing which is sure is that different universe or not I am going to play this game and something tells me that I am going to enjoy it...

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Dante'sgirl;297546 said:
The part saying that the game takes place in a different universe makes me confuse....
Is Capcom trying to fool DMC fans so that they get curious a play the game??
If it is going to be in a different universe so just name the main character differently so that the image of Dante remains perfect...Capcom should come to realize that if they change universe they should change the whole system...
Well, one thing which is sure is that different universe or not I am going to play this game and something tells me that I am going to enjoy it...

if you go off that premise then dmc 2 should've been an alternate universe. dante was cold, serious, and had pale white skin. even that was a horrifying change for me. this new dante is just...ugh. i can't even think about it without gagging.

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
icmasticc;274249 said:
I don't know if this has been posted but I'll post it anyway. Like the majority, I am a hardcore fan of Devil May Cry and was highly disappointed to see this change. I know I'm new here but I found this bit of info that might have an impact here. This is from the Devil May Cry Wiki so I don't know how reputable it is and I don't know where they got this info but here it is and the link anyway.

Bolded the important part. I don't know if it's true but if it is, this makes a world of difference, to me at least. That could possibly mean there are plans to continue the main series and have this game as a possible spin-off of some sort, as theorized in these forums. What do you guys think?

If it's true it should have been stated from the start.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
my main problem with this game is that they haven't said outright whether or not its a prequel or reboot or whatever the heck it is. They've done a horrible job with the PR of this game and they should've waited with till they got somewhere with the game play or storyline to show the teaser.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Z218;297695 said:
my main problem with this game is that they haven't said outright whether or not its a prequel or reboot or whatever the heck it is.

They probably already know and are just holding out while they get as much attention as they can.:rolleyes:

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
Too much inconsistent interviews annoys and irritates me alot. If they're gonna announce a reboot then just stick with that.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If that's true and this game takes place in another universe than I don't want this game. :( I was more happy when I thought this was a prequel to DMC3, but if has nothing to do with the main story why even play it? I got into DMC because of the story. What a let down. :(

bobek388

Bobek388
so what's the point of calling it DMC and calling that emo t**t Dante??
And for f**k sake, can't they just make another DMC do they really need to make new s**t in the different universe? I wasn't waiting so long to finally get another game, that is just named DMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom