• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Info on DmC Reboot(Possibly..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icmasticc

I don't know if this has been posted but I'll post it anyway. Like the majority, I am a hardcore fan of Devil May Cry and was highly disappointed to see this change. I know I'm new here but I found this bit of info that might have an impact here. This is from the Devil May Cry Wiki so I don't know how reputable it is and I don't know where they got this info but here it is and the link anyway.

DmC, (Devil May Cry) is an upcoming action game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Capcom for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game is the fifth installment to the Devil May Cry series serves as a reboot/re-imagining of the series, with a new version of the Dante character. As initial fan reaction to the teaser has been quite negative, Capcom issued a statement clarifing that this game takes place in a different universe, as it is being developed by a different developer from previous titles of the franchise, and will not affect any story elements already established by the classic series. Retrieved from "http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/DmC"

Bolded the important part. I don't know if it's true but if it is, this makes a world of difference, to me at least. That could possibly mean there are plans to continue the main series and have this game as a possible spin-off of some sort, as theorized in these forums. What do you guys think?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
my guess is that the game is too far along to fix and Capcom is just making this statement so Devil May Cry fans will consider playing it, but at least it means capcom is paying attention and we might get the Devil May Cry 5 we were hoping for eventually. it might be fun to see an alternate universe if they continue the original as well.

icmasticc

Yea, if this is true, I'd be more open to playing this game. I can't see the main as Dante, but if he is Dante in an alternate universe I can somewhat accept this. (Also because it wouldn't be canon, based on Capcom's statment lol).

Vampi

I don't trust Wiki much. But if this is legit info then i'm glad at least. But still, where the hell is DMC 5 then. Next year is DMC's 10th Anniversary.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Kinda taking the focus off of the main series with the unanswered questions isn't it. Perhaps this game is being release so Capcom can sort out the mess from the other games
Different universe...and a pain in the ass dante... GREAT

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
omg....so hypocritical....all it takes are the words "a different universe" and people are being open minded now....wat the hell....just cuz capcom says something doesn't change anything...the game was made...and im excited..but i mean...come on guys....those three words don't change any gameplay or story elements...it just means that they were tired of all the negative feedback...as i am...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
what it means is there is a chance we will get to see Devil May Cry 5 at some point and not just more "DmC" games.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Just a thought[I can't believe I still defend those crapholles at Capcom..] maybe they want to make a great 10th aniversearry entry and they release this as a diversion and during the anniversary they will probably do :

either :

a)Announce DMC 5 and release 1,2 and 3 on HD as a orenium 10th anniversary collection

or

b)Reveal DMC 5,a DMC collection for the 10thn aniversary in the form of all previous game from 1 to 3 HD'd with or without 4 and finally announce the long awaited DMC game for PSP.

I still have THIS much hope.Damn you Capcom for making my childhood a happy time.I hope after that that you will dissapear.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
GGC, all forums have hypocrites.
Nobody is perfect ya know. ;)
I've watched the trailer several times and have accepted it.
You have gotta admit that it is pretty badassed.
Plus. Its Devil may cry (of sorts).

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
if the original story will continue,then i'm okay with that reboot...hope they not lying(as they usually do)

Goldendriger

So different universe? different Dante? why not have a different name for the game? I mean, i think its a bad move calling it "DMC" they can call it "Demon erradication" and it'll get more people attension, no prior expectations, no fanboys picking at every small detail. I even picked up Bayonetta cause i thought it was a DMC rip-off and it was pretty good, so why not do a similar thing and give the DMC fans a DMC game?

moseslmpg

Would you please stop with your inane comments? You aren't helping at all by blindly supporting the game and then accusing people of being hypocrites.

The reason people don't like the game is because it seems like a travesty, a blasphemy on the name of DMC. But if it is set in a different universe, that softens the blow a little, because we know we won't have to abandon the DMC that all of us know and love and started with.

Really, you seem very happy to just throw DMC to the dogs, as if you never liked it at all and were waiting for this.

Anyway, although wikis are not totally reliable, this agrees with my gut feeling that DINO is just a oneshot deal and DMC5 will be announced next year possibly.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Did you play DMC2 and moan about it?

Stop having a go at what GGC says. You do it with everyone who has a different opinion to you, your attitude still reeks of do as i say, and say as i do...
If you don't have anything good to contribute except for knocking everyone's opinion then you are trolling.

Anyway, It may just be a filler until Capcom can sort the main game story out.

moseslmpg

Gambit is the one antagonizing here, coming into the thread and accusing everyone of being hypocrites just because this news encourages them. If he doesn't want to be called out, he shouldn't call people out. By your own definition, he is the one trolling.

Try to assess the whole situation before you resume your rote persecution of my posting style and general demeanor.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
all i was saying was i think that just because three little words are said doesnt change anything....capcom could've said the game was total crap..or they coulda said it's dante's son...they could've said anything...and it wouldn't have changed anything that they already did..so it seems illogical for people to all of a sudden be ok cuz they said other universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom