• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Gameplay - The Escape

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I hope there will not be more platforming like this in the game even though it's AWESOME but DMC never been a platforming game , it's more action than platforming

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I hope there will not be more platforming like this in the game even though it's AWESOME but DMC never been a platforming game , it's more action than platforming
as long as there is more action than platforming, i'll be good. i like a mix of platforming with my combat, and variety in a video game is usually a good thing.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
LoL...Running away from Dahaka (PoP:WW) was better than this. XD
And probably I'm the only one who thinks like this!

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
LoL...Running away from Dahaka (PoP:WW) was better than this. XD
And probably I'm the only one who thinks like this!
well no you're not the only one that thinks that, because at the moment i like the prince of persia better myself, but that's an unfair comparison. DmC's platforming footage appears to be at the beginning of the game, and prince of persia's pursuit was near the end of the game. so prince of persia had the opportunity to stack on the difficulty with its platforming, DmC has not yet had that chance. once i see the more difficult platforming of DmC then i will compare it to prince of persia's dahaka platforming.

Chrysander

Remember all those vids from DMC3 of experienced players replaying the platforming sections over and over, to see who could do it with the most style, trying out all the different ways to approach jumping from one platform to another? Those were the days. Good thing they have worked hard on bringing back the hardcore platforming element that is the foundation of the series

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Remember all those vids from DMC3 of experienced players replaying the platforming sections over and over, to see who could do it with the most style, trying out all the different ways to approach jumping from one platform to another? Those were the days. Good thing they have worked hard on bringing back the hardcore platforming element that is the foundation of the series
agreed, i like platforming and i can't wait to see more :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
The more I see it the less I like this video. It starts out great and very grandious but the text on the wall gets down right juvenial, which I was very much afraid they'd do with the game. The word 'Dante' on the wall killed it for me; In the novel the demons call out 'Dante' like in the video here and I always thought that if they added that to a game it could add an air of creepyness to it, but they put it on the wall, that's just tacky. And the 'F'ck You' on the floor... Ugh. Like a scene from Catcher in the Rye, it's infantile.

NT and Temeen have implied that the previous games are cheezy and dumb in terms of story in a very Japanese way and they intent to fix that. This is my fear right here: That they will solve this problem by making the story cheezy and dumb in a very western way.

Edit: Yes, i belive there will be another video. When did the last one come out, a week ago? We can expect the other one next week then.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
That...was...glorious!!! Ok, the gameplay was nothing phenomenal. Looks like a normal chase scene. What I did like was that thrill. I can picture myself playing that part at the edge of my seat. It was visually impressive, very interesting, and, while nothing even near groundbreaking, it looked very fun (this coming from a guy who thought the platforming in DMC was tedious).
Did it look hard? Not in the slightest. It gives a false sense of thrill, yes, but it is not challenging. Of course, as someone here said, it seemed close to the beginning of the game. If that is just a taste of what there is to come, consider me sold.
By the way, the music sounded closer to the metal music of the original series. Anyone want to do a search and see if that's original music or copyrighted?
Ok the words on the walls and floor were a little...uncalled for. Nothing horrible, just unneeded. At least it isn't too in your face, right?

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
The demon trying to crush Dante looks really good. But one has to play through that particular scene to see if it's challenging or not.

Ninja theory could have added a new feature to Dante that could make demon crushing more intense.
And question is - will hard mode make this demon world harder to evade?

But i give it 7/10 rating
+7 Looks great
-1 is early rate
-2 because you have to play game to see if it's challenging as well.
CoolDemon....are you actually liking this game? ;)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm interested in seeing his angel powers and how they differ from the demon so i hope thats in the next video.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i meant in general, im sure he has other uses for his angel abilities besides air dashing.
ah okay that's true we haven't seen his other angel abilites, and we haven't seen any more of his demon powers besides the chain snatch.

Top Bottom