• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Gamescom Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Pretty much what you said, the game looks a bit slow and Dante's weapon pretty much reminds me of God of War weapons and gameplay.

So far, I like the new DmC's gameplay compared with Ninja Theory's previous games like Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and Heavenly Sword, but it still does not excite me as much as DMC4's gameplay. I can only hope that they will make the game's gameplay much faster paced to excite the fans more. Nice find.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I was kind of liking the look of the combat as it seemed very Nero-esque but it does look quite slow, I think his rainstorm is lacking the insane corkscrew motion that made it so cool to do but his new upright ones looks quite fun.
I would definitely rather be fighting with a sword instead of a scythe, something about it just doesn't feel right. Also the guns look really naf, if they overheat they should make them like his DMC2 guns only more rapidfire. Where they sound and feel really powerful.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
:O Looks exciting though the gun animation needs work on.Like in dmc 3/4 ect where you see the "Blast"from the gun and not the bullet flying at the enemy.It was better but oh well.This rocks in my opinion.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Oh bless - listen to the music trying to make it all exciting!! (extra exclamation mark added to make it even more exciting!!!) They are trying. Lots of slashy slashy going on, which is a good thing. ;)

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I'm impressed :eek:
I didn't think that ninja theory will make a gameplay like this , but they need ot make it faster.

they only need to do just one thing to make all DMC fans happy and i think you know what is it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm pretty impressed. All I can say at the moment is that I think Ninja Theory are trying their hardest with this. I think they know there's a lot riding on it and they don't want to screw it up. Atmospherically, it looks nice. However, it looks too Devil May Cry 4'ish in terms of scenery. Devil May Cry 4's scenery for me was the worst, it lacked the Gothic atmosphere I think Devil May Cry needs. Shows us a few Gothic looking levels, that will satisfy me more. Work on speeding up the game-play also. The camera looks a bit too clunky when the action is going on, it slows it down. Next thing to do, show us some of the story. Let us know a bit about it and everything.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Okay watching that, I get the feeling that Capcom are trying to say "This IS Devil May Cry... That is Dante... here's the gameplay to prove it".

The rainstorm move looks pretty awkward. In the other games, didn't Dante twist his arms and his legs and reign bullets down on his enemies? His arms are stretched apart there. I don't like the scythe. I think it makes him look like the son of death (then again, i'm not a big fan of scythes) not the Son of Sparda (Sparda's probably now called Bob...)

I think there will be alot more button mashing than in previous games. Impatience and sore thumbs... ooh what fun! (not!)

Shadow2x4

One thing that I'd like to mention is the slow-mo thing at around 30 seconds. If that will be in the actual game, then I have lost all faith in NT.
It simply does not belong in a DMC game.(Then again this is 'DmC')

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
well.whatever happens.i wish this game the best of luck beyond this.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
well.whatever happens.i wish this game the best of luck beyond this.

IMO its going to need all the freaken luck it can get if NT keeps this up.

I understand that they want to do something new but making Dante half a Angel is just ridiculous.

That just ****ed more fans off with this news.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Wait... Scythe... boobs... scantily clad women... Its Dante's Inferno all over again! Perhaps they are trying to make their own version of Dante's Inferno...??? Perhaps these are the ramblings of a mad person...??? ;)

Shadow2x4

Wait... Scythe... boobs... scantily clad women... Its Dante's Inferno all over again! Perhaps they are trying to make their own version of Dante's Inferno...??? Perhaps these are the ramblings of a mad person...??? ;)

Excuse me, but where are the boobs and women in the trailer/s? I'm not defending the game, I am just wondering where that came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom