• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
nero being vergil's son is a good thing for the continuity, we all know vergil will be no more, they can't continue making dmc with vergil be around and about in the continuity --unless a spin-off, in a way nero is there to substitute him.. now the artbook already stated that so that is official. all we have to do now is to wait and be excited for nero wielding yamato in the next game and the story behind his devil arm..

i've managed to put away my hate towards DMC4, cus it actually is has the best gameplay thx to SE for teaching me that.. but i still hate the dante, nyuk nyuk nyuk

EDIT : by gameplay i meant combat

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
we all know vergil will be no more, they can't continue making dmc with vergil be around and about in the continuity

Please. Haven't movies, TV shows, comics and so on taught you anything? There's ALWAYS a way to make a beloved character come back.

Besides, Vergil's... "death" in DMC1 is quite enigmatic and unclear, it's actually pretty easy to come up with a way to bring him back. Just do it so that when Dante beat him, he only destroyed Mundus's control and sent him to Hell, and now he's got free will again and has to get out of the Netherworld. You got a DMC5 right there. Or, if you don't want Vergil as the protagonist, make it a DLC campaign, a la Vergil's Downfall.

absolitude

Please. Haven't movies, TV shows, comics and so on taught you anything? There's ALWAYS a way to make a beloved character come back

actually i hated that, have some consistency, when they're supposed to be dead let em --cept for jon snow.. make vergil a spin-off for the sake of that, one with different tone than the main series, that'll make him more of a cult and legend..

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Sparda was considered a legend, except we never saw hardly anything to do with him. Vergil to me has always been an essential part of DMC's story, overall. You take that away for good as a permanent thing and try to substitute it for something else I think would actually do Devil May Cry a disservice.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
actually i hated that, have some consistency, when they're supposed to be dead let em --cept for jon snow.. make vergil a spin-off for the sake of that, one with different tone than the main series, that'll make him more of a cult and legend..

Spin-off I'd like too, it's a viable possibility too (his journey through Hell to reach Mundus would be great to see), but seeing how he's my fav in DMC, and the fact that his death in DMC1 wasn't really that thematic to me (thus I don't see it as one of those deaths that shouldn't be retconned because they're so important and epic) nor clear, it wouldn't be hard to make a consistent explanation as to why he'd be alive in the next game/s.

Sparda was considered a legend, except we never saw hardly anything to do with him. Vergil to me has always been an essential part of DMC's story, overall. You take that away for good as a permanent thing and try to substitute it for something else I think would actually do Devil May Cry a disservice.

Spot on.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Please. Haven't movies, TV shows, comics and so on taught you anything? There's ALWAYS a way to make a beloved character come back.
On the spot, Foxy!After I heard( or better read) Kamiya talking on making a game about Vergil and how Kobayashi stated Vergil's dead was unclear...
It doesn't help on of these days Kamiya was commenting with a Japanese fan if Sparda should meet Dante or not, so they are dead but not too much...!

absolitude

well you can't shut your ears from your fans, i believe you'll still get vergil in the comtinuity..

but from my view a spin-off with different tone and numbered series will be the best treatment for vergil, starting from pre dmc3 till the day he die, that could be like 4 numbers max, instead of having like SE, let's have vergil in the game for the sake of having vergil in the game..

and when i said he could be cult and legend, i meant for the fans, not in the dmc universe..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
instead of having like SE, let's have vergil in the game for the sake of having vergil in the game..

Yeah on that I agree. Although I don't think Capcom will stop with that. Vergil is their trick up their sleeve. Wanna boost sales of your games? Put playable Vergil in it: DMC3SE, DmC, UMVC3, DMC4SE... it's become a pattern. Still waiting for a meaningful return. Maybe Nero can be the means to do it, somehow.

absolitude

Yeah on that I agree. Although I don't think Capcom will stop with that. Vergil is their trick up their sleeve. Wanna boost sales of your games? Put playable Vergil in it: DMC3SE, DmC, UMVC3, DMC4SE... it's become a pattern. Still waiting for a meaningful return. Maybe Nero can be the means to do it, somehow.

it's like they realize they need to sell well, and oh look, vergil, thinking about it is kinda funny --vergil is being used, lol..

yeah, nero has gotta be the means to do it if they want to put vergil in continuity, it's the best way to pull it to make nero has some significant use to the story and his relation to vergil.. they might even be brainstorming the "how" as we are talking

berto

I Saw the Devil
They've thought me that there is a lack of commitment to all death and it bares no real impact. I despise it when they kill someone and then bring him back. it's rubbish writing.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
They've thought me that there is a lack of commitment to all death and it bares no real impact. I despise it when they kill someone and then bring him back. it's rubbish writing.

But, Vergil's "death" in DMC1 isn't even sure. I use the term "death" for convenience. There's no proof he's dead. Not even Mundus says it. He says Vergil was "defeated".

So if they do bring him back in the continuity, wouldn't really be a bad thing as I see it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
But, Vergil's "death" in DMC1 isn't even sure. I use the term "death" for convenience. There's no proof he's dead. Not even Mundus says it. He says Vergil was "defeated".

So if they do bring him back in the continuity, wouldn't really be a bad thing as I see it.
I was talking more in a general way, I have mix feelings about featuring Vergil in future DMCs but when you have comics like the Death of Superman, or the Death of Bruce Wayne and so on and they don't stay dead it's cheap and BS. I don't like it and I stopped been intrigued by it long ago.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: What you said about Vergil is exactly how I've looked at it for a long time now. So needless to say, I agree with all of your points.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Chancey289
I saw your reply (can't beat a Predator at stealth), and that doesn't really mean anything. He does the same at the end of the other two fights and comes back for the next one. So...
And you can always come up with something. Like the explanation I said before.

That's an old argument that was never really that solid, Chancey, and doesn't hold up. Even less in the world of Devil May Cry.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Veloran: Would you like me to create another thread to discuss Nelo, or are you more than happy with the discussion that's happening here? I've got no problem either way, I just thought that since it's your thread you might have preferred we stuck to talking about Nero :)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
According to the Dmc4 demon file, the Bianco Angelo was made from "fragments of the demon known as the Dark Angel". I always took this to mean the Order recovered Nelo Angelo's body and used it to create the other Angelos.

- Back on topic -
I've always thought that Nero was meant to be Vergil's son. The allusions to Vergil were so blatant that I couldn't see it any other way. Plus Nero does have Sparda's blood, which there aren't many ways to get.

Viper

Premium
According to the Dmc4 demon file, the Bianco Angelo was made from "fragments of the demon known as the Dark Angel". I always took this to mean the Order recovered Nelo Angelo's body and used it to create the other Angelos.

- Back on topic -
I've always thought that Nero was meant to be Vergil's son. The allusions to Vergil were so blatant that I couldn't see it any other way. Plus Nero does have Sparda's blood, which there aren't many ways to get.
Wasn't it said that it was fragments of armor that the Order used?
When it comes to Nelo Angelo, there is a possibility that he was made in similar way to Angelos made by Agnus, ie soul was extracted from the body and placed in armor. If that was true, then it's also possible remnants of magic used to keep Vergil's soul inside the armor could have helped Agnus' project. To me it sounds more logical than pieces of rotten flesh doing it.

As for Nero, I think everyone knows I consider him Vergil's son. It's true as you say, there are not that many ways for someone who is clearly shown to be of Sparda bloodline to actually be of Sparda bloodline, and Sparda had been dead for too long, while if Dante was the father things would have been presented slightly different.

Top Bottom