• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero, Virgil and Sparda [DISCUSSION]

Keaton

Premium
The poem is an 'item' ingame...written by the people of Fortuna...

Have you ever played Chinese Whispers? Afterall, if the story was about Dante rising up surely they would worship him rather than trying to kill him.

Same applies for Nero.

Keaton

Premium
True, although no-one knows if he is alive...there is also no evidence to suggest otherwise. I prefer to believe that he is alive, afterall, despite Capcoms mysterious prefrences towards Sparda, they wouldnt kill their strongest plot-line ;)

Evil Nero

If Sparda died , Capcom would have made it clear in its games.
It hasn't so Sparda can be alive or be dead from the eyes of fans , depending on what they believe.

Zato-OW

King
He left his swords to his sons at a very early age. For the reason he most likely wasn't coming back. This is just like that Inuyasha story. Also they made it clear in DMC1 that he died. They made it clear in a interview that he died. They made it clear in DMC anime and Manga that he died.

ManOfMayhem

Zato is right. They made it clear in plenty of places he may come back but for all we know DMC5 might be all about him and Nero. We will just wait and see

Zato-OW

King
Come on man. People said in DMC4 before it came out that Vergil was going to return but he didn't(They did change the story from what it originally was gonna be though they may have been planning for his return). Dante is already handling things as Sparda would so its no reason for him to come back from the dead anyway unless its like some corrupt Sparda implied by a Demon Lord or w/e. But other then that he is flat out dead and there is no room for all these white haired demons. If Vergil returns(im sure he will even though he did died but Zero(MMX) did as well and yeah...) im not sure where he will fit in the story.

slapsus

Zato-OW;104060 said:
A poem from the DMC4 art book.

"A shadow knight rose up, holding an enchanted sword named after me. That blade will challenge the devil's reign. Destroying the minions of darkness that stand in his path, the knight finally faced the strongest demon. But his strength was no match for the devils dark wrath. He was defeated and fell into oblivion. The people offered up their prayers, believing in the day when the darkness would pass, and sang songs of remembrance to the fallen knight. These prayers became our strength, our miracle, and by this miracle the shadow knight was reborn, and once again faught the devils power. As the shadow knight said, the darkness has cleared."

This also proves that he was killed in battle. The Knight that was reborn is Dante or Nero I'm not sure. The story is being told by the SPARDA sword.

I think the poem speaks of Vergil as Nelo Angelo... Sparda defeated Mundus, but the poem says the knight that fell and died in the fight.

Zato-OW

King
"The people offered up their prayers, believing in the day when the darkness would pass, and sang songs of remembrance to the fallen knight. These prayers became our strength, our miracle, and by this miracle the shadow knight was reborn, and once again faught the devils power. As the shadow knight said, the darkness has cleared."

Did you even read this part? People believe he was reborn(They believe Dante is Sparda reborn). Besides what people would offer up prayers to Vergil? Even when they don't know where he is.Many don't even believe he or Dante even exist. Shadow Knight is refering to LDK. When Sparda died there were few people that was actually strong enough to take on certain type of Demons. Also i forgot where it was mentioned but it was said that Sparda was slain by followers of Mundus. I think this was the anime I'm not sure ill check to be sure though. Btw the people who sung the songs may be the ppl of Fortuna.

Sparda™

Duh.....The Legendary Dark Knight....being slain by followers of Mundus...Sounds like BS. A warrior which fought during all of his 3000+ years of existence, killed by some disciples...<_<

Sparda™

slapsus;105151 said:
Except the sheath on his left hand I see no other similarity between Nero's DT and Vergil's.

The sheath exists like that because of the Yamato Devil Arm being used exactly that way - sheathing and unsheathing.^_^

Zato-OW

King
If Sparda used his Demonic power to Create the Yamato and Rebellion he would be alot weaker then we all think. He crafts his swords with his own Demonic power (idk about the rebellion though) But it would explain why he was weaker and was killed. Also the DB in my eyes is Nero's own power. Look close at the DB design then look at Nero's they are wearing the same outfit.

Top Bottom