• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero, Virgil and Sparda [DISCUSSION]

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
If she was Christian, she wouldn't have killed herself, so Sparda would've been needed to do that.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Zato-OW;111816 said:
I know she was needed to be used for the seal but i was saying did he actually slash her up or did she stab her self. Because it states that he killed her.

Everyone has been debating over that actually, it says she was a descendant, hence where Lady's 'real' name Mary is from. The priestess may have had a sister or brother.

Zato-OW

King
Lol i actually deleted that but yeah i thought it was weird that they said she was a decendant but the woman was a virgin.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Zato-OW;111820 said:
Lol i actually deleted that but yeah i thought it was weird that they said she was a decendant but the woman was a virgin.

Arkham named her Mary (after the priestess) for the sacrafice and rituals so it was simular to the last Sparda made, with his blood and someone pure.

New DMC Player

Zato-OW;111816 said:
I know she was needed to be used for the seal but i was saying did he actually slash her up or did she stab her self. Because it states that he killed her.

OK I had to post because this is one of the many little details that confused me about Sparada's story.

Where does it state that Sparda killed the priestess Mary? Reference and link please.

Now IMO I dont believe Sparda would kill a human after forsakening his demon brothers for the human race. Since I havent read what you read Zato it seems a little extreme the Priestess Mary would kill herself for the ritual when 2000 years latter Arkham got the same results with just a blood offering from his daughter Lady.

Now another question: Is Lady a blood descendant of the Priestess Mary? I believe she is, so it wouldnt be logical to kill the Priestess Mary off if her lineage goes on into present day.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
A complex ritual requiring him to confiscate the names of fallen angels representing the seven deadly sins, imprison the tower's five gatekeepers, seal away Leviathan as well as his own demonic power, split the Amulet allowing passage between the worlds, and sacrifice both his blood and that of a human priestess named Mary. Sparda never stole a pure woman and stabbed her to death. She willingly sacraficed herself. Otherwise, demons would run wild and destroy the human realm. Yes, Lady is a blood descendant of Mary.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;111840 said:
A complex ritual requiring him to confiscate the names of fallen angels representing the seven deadly sins, imprison the tower's five gatekeepers, seal away Leviathan as well as his own demonic power, split the Amulet allowing passage between the worlds, and sacrifice both his blood and that of a human priestess named Mary. Sparda never stole a pure woman and stabbed her to death. She willingly sacraficed herself. Otherwise, demons would run wild and destroy the human realm. Yes, Lady is a blood descendant of Mary.

Wikipedia does wonders!^_^

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante Aseroth;111944 said:
I know where It is, because I put that info in there...Devil May Cry Wiki...

Then you mean the DMC wiki. Yes, thats where its from. Easier to copy and paste >_>

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Wikia and Wikipedia are two totally different sites. It's a minor sub-branch, but totally different. Wikia has specific games dedicated to it, and Wikipedia only gives smaller information on general topics.

Sparda™

Wrong. Wiki is a sub-branch dedicated to games and has total connection to Wikipedia. There are sub-branches dedicated to art, music and all other fields of life. Wikipedia just reveals a small portion of them, as a general online encyclopedia should.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
It has total connection to Wikimedia, and GNU/Linux servers host it. So when you said Wikipedia to me, it doesn't give half the information DMC Wika does, and clearly never got it from there. Anyway, sorry for confusing you >_>

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Wow, seriously off topic guys.

Anyone come up with anything interesting to discuss on this? I haven't looked back on the pages and I'll probs edit if I do.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
LordOfDarkness;112087 said:
Wow, seriously off topic guys.

Anyone come up with anything interesting to discuss on this? I haven't looked back on the pages and I'll probs edit if I do.

Can this topic discuss Dante too? If so, i know its been discussed before, but seriously...where is Nero is the bloodline. He was definatly born a descendant and inherited Sparda's power. Maybe he had an unknown son? >_>

Top Bottom