• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and Sparda

Sparda™

Railazel;195724 said:
Bolded Paragraph 1) You fail to give me the proof that I asked for, thus my point is still valid.

Justifying you're lazy doesn't mean you're right. Get your ass to work, If you wanna prove your points straight.

Railazel;195724 said:
Bolded Paragraph 2) Where? I'm asking you to show me where? If you can't my point is still valid.

By this, you clearly state you haven't played Devil May Cry 4. Play the game, watch the cut-scenes and then come back and discuss.

Railazel;195724 said:
Bolded Paragraph 3) I'm not saying that his bloodline is altered, I'm saying that he contains the blood of Sparda. Thus, his blood, not his bloodline, is altered and he still contains the blood of Sparda.

His blood has contained Sparda's blood since he was born, and no artificial or external intervention to the genetic level manipulated Nero's DNA to the point of converting It to Sparda's. You clearly need to learn a thing or two about half-breeds. They're a mixture of demonic essence and human soul, which have nothing to do with genetic engineering and blood, genetically-speaking.

Railazel;195724 said:
Bolded Paragraph 4) Spiritual Level? Okay, I can still say that Vergil's soul was probably stuck inside Nero's arm through experimentation.

Vergil is in a plane of hell, since he's been declared officially dead.

Railazel;195724 said:
Now, I'll ask you one last time, and if you can't provide me with this request, I can state my point as truth. Where in the game does it state that Nero is the descendant of Sparda? Again, if you can't provide me with this, I can state my point as truth and that Nero is not the descendant of Sparda.

Indeed you have inherited Sparda's powers...

Still, I must salute a man who carries the blood of Sparda.

Ah, It's you. Gloria! Unfortunately you didn't anticipate a descendant of Sparda's blood, and from this boy, you've been outwitted...

These are the words of Sanctus, in-game.

Believe whatever you want.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ I think that wraps it up rather nicely. Can we be done with all this pointless arguing now? Watching you guys fight is giving me a headache...

Zato-OW

King
I think we all should just wait until DMC5 so all this stuff can be confirmed. Which should be announced some time soon. I think I made a topic somewhere on how they let it leak.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
DreadnoughtDT;195727 said:
You know what you guys? Why don't we all just STFU about it and quit yelling at each other until DMC 5 is released or some answers are given. I REALLY think this thread is going nowhere fast, so why don't we all just quit grinding on each others nerves, okay?

I agree, none of us are gonna know anything until Cpacom makes it official (which for me will be in game for and 'from the horses mouth).

Railazel

Sparda™;195804 said:
Justifying you're lazy doesn't mean you're right. Get your ass to work, If you wanna prove your points straight.

By this, you clearly state you haven't played Devil May Cry 4. Play the game, watch the cut-scenes and then come back and discuss.

His blood has contained Sparda's blood since he was born, and no artificial or external intervention to the genetic level manipulated Nero's DNA to the point of converting It to Sparda's. You clearly need to learn a thing or two about half-breeds. They're a mixture of demonic essence and human soul, which have nothing to do with genetic engineering and blood, genetically-speaking.

Vergil is in a plane of hell, since he's been declared officially dead.

Indeed you have inherited Sparda's powers...

Still, I must salute a man who carries the blood of Sparda.

Ah, It's you. Gloria! Unfortunately you didn't anticipate a descendant of Sparda's blood, and from this boy, you've been outwitted...

These are the words of Sanctus, in-game.

Believe whatever you want.

This is all that you needed to say, but still its questionable. However, I'll just wait until more is revealed. For now, you win.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Alright. Finally, this headache of a thread can go off into the sunset... Only to be revived with an even fiercer debate when DMC 5 comes along, I bet.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Ok this is hardly a disscussion. This seems more like a debate. If people are going to argue about this, then close this thread.

Sparda™

Railazel;196026 said:
This is all that you needed to say, but still its questionable. However, I'll just wait until more is revealed. For now, you win.

Based on your logic, everything is questionable, as everything is relative, except a few select which are absolute.

This was not about whose point was right or wrong, but more about your theories which aren't based in anything shown or said, or even referenced in canon material such as the games.

Railazel

My logic is based on three things: common sense, scientific thought, and the logic of the game of subject. Considering that much, most of the stuff that has been said, including my own posts, don't make complete sense. Now, my theories are more like thoughts that I just give out just to add another option. They don't become theories until someone agrues against them, so really they're still thoughts in the end. Now, I may not reference to canon material, but I do my know my canon material (not all of it since I never read mangas nor watched the anime; the anime I'm planning to watch, but the mangas are more of a personal choice), which is why I continued to ask for evidence.

Oh well, let's just forget about all this argumetive crap. I've given up, so there's no reason to continue.

Now, all I want to know is what is the extent of Devil Bringer's power? I mean, what is its purpose? And why did it just suddenly appear out of nowhere? Truthfully, I think that it is more of a remnant of power rather than an inheritance, like someone gave Nero that power. I guess it does come from Sparda, but considering its appearance compared to Sparda's demonic form, it doesn't really fit but I guess personal attributes don't really account to something that comes in centuries later... Seriously, though, why is it there?

Sparda™

None knows about the Devil Bringer, or what does It represent...

Capcom doesn't use common sense or scientific approaches in its games...

Railazel

True, true, but there still has to be at least some clue, right? I mean, the game kind of implied that it had some connection to Vergil with the voice in Nero's head accompanying the new arm, so is there really some connection between it and Vergil? If that's the case then it would have something to do with Sparda.

Sparda™

Railazel;196119 said:
True, true, but there still has to be at least some clue, right? I mean, the game kind of implied that it had some connection to Vergil with the voice in Nero's head accompanying the new arm, so is there really some connection between it and Vergil? If that's the case then it would have something to do with Sparda.

Vergil is as good as dead.

If you notice carefully, the glow on Nero, the Yamato and the overall looks of him, leans towards a purplish blue, whether Vergil used a clear blue which always represented him.

But talking about possible connections to Sparda, would be speculating. Capcom just threw Yamato, some Vergil lines and the blue color to make fans think he had something to do with Vergil, when in fact, Sparda's is the one hinted throughout the whole game.

Zato-OW

King
Honestly Nero could be anything. I can easily say hes this then turn around and easily say hes that. I know you all are sick of saying the same thing over and over so I guess the best thing to do is leave it be.

Railazel

Then what would be the point of this thread if we just "left it at that"?

Now, Sparda, you have a point there, but there's one other question that pops up in my head: Why didn't the Devil Bringer react to Rebellion? Nero has made more contact with that blade more so than anything else, but the Devil Bringer never even made a glimmer when it touched it.

Sparda™

Railazel;196217 said:
Then what would be the point of this thread if we just "left it at that"?

Now, Sparda, you have a point there, but there's one other question that pops up in my head: Why didn't the Devil Bringer react to Rebellion? Nero has made more contact with that blade more so than anything else, but the Devil Bringer never even made a glimmer when it touched it.

Sparda was confirmed to be rebellious when being at Dante's age. Eventually, the sword became inactive - probably due to the fact that Sparda matured during his 2000 years of wandering in the human world, and was only awakened by Dante's soul in DMC3.

Credo before dying confirms Sparda sealed the True Hell Gate of Fortuna with Yamato. During the game It is revealed Yamato is the key to opening demonic gates and also the key which destroys them. It is logical a blade imbued with such tremendous magic, forged by Sparda himself, such an item, reacts more than Rebellion - which is a symbolization of someone's persona more than an important sword like Yamato.

One part of Rebellion's skull is human and the other is demonic, referring to the souls inside the wielder - demon and human alike.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;196221 said:
Sparda was confirmed to be rebellious when being at Dante's age. Eventually, the sword became inactive - probably due to the fact that Sparda matured during his 2000 years of wandering in the human world, and was only awakened by Dante's soul in DMC3.

Credo before dying confirms Sparda sealed the True Hell Gate of Fortuna with Yamato. During the game It is revealed Yamato is the key to opening demonic gates and also the key which destroys them. It is logical a blade imbued with such tremendous magic, forged by Sparda himself, such an item, reacts more than Rebellion - which is a symbolization of someone's persona more than an important sword like Yamato.

One part of Rebellion's skull is human and the other is demonic, referring to the souls inside the wielder - demon and human alike.

And due to the fact that Sparda carries the Yamato in DMC1. Now what did I do there?

Sparda™

Zato-OW;196222 said:
And due to the fact that Sparda carries the Yamato in DMC1. Now what did I do there?

Yeah, the Sparda costume converts Alastor to Yamato and E&I to Luce & Ombra.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Ah, but the Bringer DOES react to Rebellion; that sword caused the Bringer to go into full bloom as the arm we know for 98% of the game. Contact with Rebellion during the first Dante battle caused the Bringer to fully awaken into its "final" form, so to say that there was nothing of a reaction is a GROSS display of ignorance.

All three swords were forged by Sparda to reflect his three dominant traits. Rebellion is his own rebellious and free spirit, Yamato is his honor and dedication to his cause, and the Force Edge/Sword Sparda...well, the closest comparison I can see is the vessel of his power, as we saw in DMC1 and 3. Force Edge is imbued with Sparda's direct power, not an aspect of his being. If anything, it represents the sum of his being. People try and say Yamato is "more important" because Sparda used it to lock the Hell Gate in Fortune. Yet which sword was used to seal the ORIGINAL bridge, the Temen-ni-gru? The Force Edge. Thus, all three swords are important. Just because we haven't had it said that Rebellion was also used as a "lock" doesn't mean it possibly wasn't.

Top Bottom