• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and Sparda

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Naturally Yamato - being a katana... would be a sword of honor.

Wasn't the Temen-ni-gru the gateway to hell and to Sparda's power?

Can't wait to see what Rebellion does!

Sparda™

Dante Redgrave;196226 said:
Ah, but the Bringer DOES react to Rebellion; that sword caused the Bringer to go into full bloom as the arm we know for 98% of the game. Contact with Rebellion during the first Dante battle caused the Bringer to fully awaken into its "final" form, so to say that there was nothing of a reaction is a GROSS display of ignorance.

No. That's nonsense.

The Devil Bringer didn't go into full form or final form by Rebellion. It was already in a full form. Dante stingered, and Nero protected himself by using the Devil Bringer as a shield. The whole glow was before when Nero noticed something wrong with his arm, which was glowing, before Dante jumped in to kill Sanctus.

Dante Redgrave;196226 said:
All three swords were forged by Sparda to reflect his three dominant traits. Rebellion is his own rebellious and free spirit, Yamato is his honor and dedication to his cause, and the Force Edge/Sword Sparda...well, the closest comparison I can see is the vessel of his power, as we saw in DMC1 and 3. Force Edge is imbued with Sparda's direct power, not an aspect of his being. If anything, it represents the sum of his being. People try and say Yamato is "more important" because Sparda used it to lock the Hell Gate in Fortune. Yet which sword was used to seal the ORIGINAL bridge, the Temen-ni-gru? The Force Edge. Thus, all three swords are important. Just because we haven't had it said that Rebellion was also used as a "lock" doesn't mean it possibly wasn't.

None is interested in Rebellion, as It has been shown in three games already. It's always been about Sparda's sword and its power. Yamato has been second important due to its status of gate unlocker.

Zato-OW

King
As I recall. Nero's DB started glowing right before Dante jumped through and started his killing spree. Now why it reacted to Dante can be argued.

I guess I should have kept reading before I posted.

Anyway I think his arm glowing before Dante came in proves he had the DB before that little flurry.

Sparda™

Ridiculous, really.

His arm was the same before the attack and after. He covered his arm feigning the injury was taking longer than normal.

Rebellion didn't awake nothing. Get over this.

devilmaycry4dx102009123.png

It's a fingerless glove with bandages going through the whole arm.

You lost DR.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I see the exact same picture I just posted, and...less bulk, no way a a basic fingerless glove would fit over a hand like the bringer without showing obvious signs of being on something like that...I see blue fingers, a smooth blue section of skin in the opening, no shape sign at all in the hand over the full Bringer...And most importantly, all those details are in proportion to a normal human arm and hand.

You're trying to bloat this into an argument war, and you're the only one, I see so far, on your side of the fence trying to force it there. Artworks shows the arm in stages of growth, and do not say "artwork does not count it's only Work in Progress". It's call final design artwork, that is the FINAL stage of design before computer models.

Railazel

It was probably one of those "Oh crap! Something's coming!" moments where the Devil Bringer detected Dante's demon blood, but that's just a guess.

Anywho, I guess for now Rebellion doesn't have any real power shown, but its transformation in DMC 3 must signal something... Oh well, that'll be revealed some other time I guess.

Sorry, DR, Sparda's right. No one knew about Nero's arm throughout his time in the Order and the fact that he's covering up like that clearly shows that he's been keeping it a secret. Besides, if you don't want an argument, just let it go.

Railazel

Where do you people find these things? This stuff could be useful...

Anyways, I want to turn the discussion to another matter. Now, concerning the demonic experiments the Order was carrying out, what effect could that have had on Nero? Sure, it seems that nothing of the sort has happened to Nero, but if you look at the situation, almost everyone has had some experiment done on them, except for Kyrie and Nero who are seemingly the youngest members of the group. But, despite his age, Nero is still a warrior of the Order, so could he have participated in such an event. And considering that some of the artificial demons were made fragments of Nelo Angelo (or Dark Angel as the game called him, either way it means the same thing) and concerning the situation with Yamato, I wouldn't put it passed to say that Nero has gone through at least something.

Sparda™

Railazel;196243 said:
Where do you people find these things? This stuff could be useful...

Anyways, I want to turn the discussion to another matter. Now, concerning the demonic experiments the Order was carrying out, what effect could that have had on Nero? Sure, it seems that nothing of the sort has happened to Nero, but if you look at the situation, almost everyone has had some experiment done on them, except for Kyrie and Nero who are seemingly the youngest members of the group. But, despite his age, Nero is still a warrior of the Order, so could he have participated in such an event. And considering that some of the artificial demons were made fragments of Nelo Angelo (or Dark Angel as the game called him, either way it means the same thing) and concerning the situation with Yamato, I wouldn't put it passed to say that Nero has gone through at least something.

I made that illustration myself.

Also, If anyone has doubts of the sizes...

devilmaycry4dx102009123.jpg

They're the same size - the Bringer and the human arm of Nero.

Anyway, returning to your assumption, Rai.

Nero was considered by the Order as a lonewolf, and was seen with the eye of a dishonored warrior, as he's the only one using a gun. The Order of the Sword uses only swords in combat, calling guns 'tools of the dishonored ones'.

As proven by in-game shown material, Nero wasn't subject of experimentation. He never knew of a secret underground lab. He didn't know Agnus even existed. Only a few knew of his existence - Sanctus, Credo and the few ones participating in their secret meetings.

Agnus also says to Nero when they first meet.

Soon you shall be my next subject of experimentation, so I can learn a little something from you and that arm!

Railazel

I took that into consideration too, but I also thought of the Ascension Ceremony that is the basis of the Order's demonic army. If you know anything about it, then you could see that its a very dangerous project considering what it does. What do you think would happen if something like that were to fail? And concerning Agnus, since no one except Sanctus and Credo know about him, not much information is said, so his position in the Order is still in question outside of the fact that he is seemingly one of the top officials. However, it is said that the title of his notes are "Nero=Dante???" which is inconsistent with his character, yet he had those notes before he met Nero, so we could assume that he was watching Nero from afar, but why the surprise at his powers?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ I think that works nicely. This thread still has a lot of tension in it, but at least it's calmed down a bit. But see, here's the thing I don't get. Nero's Devil Bringer has a small spike of bone near the elbow. Where is that when it's in a sling? He couldn't have covered it up with bandages, and as it's made of bone, I don't think it can bend either. Also, look at the fingers. While it's in a sling, it doesn't have the claw-like digits that the DB has. I think that his arm looked demonic under that glove, but it wasn't matured yet. Anyways, that's my two-cents on this matter.

Sparda™

Railazel;196256 said:
I took that into consideration too, but I also thought of the Ascension Ceremony that is the basis of the Order's demonic army. If you know anything about it, then you could see that its a very dangerous project considering what it does. What do you think would happen if something like that were to fail? And concerning Agnus, since no one except Sanctus and Credo know about him, not much information is said, so his position in the Order is still in question outside of the fact that he is seemingly one of the top officials. However, it is said that the title of his notes are "Nero=Dante???" which is inconsistent with his character, yet he had those notes before he met Nero, so we could assume that he was watching Nero from afar, but why the surprise at his powers?

The Ascension Ceremony was the final and most stable release after experimentations from Agnus.

He clearly explains to Nero the hardship to make one armor come to life. Basically, the Angelos are nothing more than human/demon souls trapped inside an armor, obeying their masters with mechanical precision.

The Knights of the Order are shown at the Angel Creation area near the Underground Lab, as their bodies float in some cabins with their souls being taken away to be transported at Bianco or Alto Angelo's armors.

Agnus status as a high-ranking official was never questioned. He was the Chief Alchemist Researcher of the Order - the one who made the Cutlass, Gladius, Basilisk and the infamous Bianco and Alto Angelo - artificially made demons in order to obey their masters.

Dante was being observed by Sanctus and Agnus a long time ago. Sanctus himself tells to Nero that he had intended Dante to be used as the Savior's core, but having Nero as a carrier of Sparda's blood - being a vital point to bring the Savior to full power - chose the option at hand. (Pun intended by Sanctus there)

That said, It's not hard to equal Nero and Dante in an equation together, as they look very similar. But only on Mission 6, Agnus was surprised to see Nero possessed demonic power as he was keeping the Devil Bringer as a secret, hidden from everyone.

DreadnoughtDT;196258 said:
But see, here's the thing I don't get. Nero's Devil Bringer has a small spike of bone near the elbow. Where is that when it's in a sling? He couldn't have covered it up with bandages, and as it's made of bone, I don't think it can bend either. Also, look at the fingers. While it's in a sling, it doesn't have the claw-like digits that the DB has. I think that his arm looked demonic under that glove, but it wasn't matured yet. Anyways, that's my two-cents on this matter.

If you notice the sleeve when Nero is keeping his arm covered, the coat has a spike under. That's the reason the sleeve is down there to cover It, while when hasn't the cast and the sling, the sleeve shows the elbow's pike.

The claws you see are not huge and If you notice the first image I presented, his fingers are way too long and weirdly shaped. That shows the bulky fingers he has and the space left at the fingertips for the claws.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
This is all very interesting stuff about the arm but like Sparda said in a previous post.

Sparda™;196116 said:
Capcom doesn't use common sense or scientific approaches in its games...

I am guessing they were on some kind of scheduele to get the game out asap and probably didn't have time to think about things like exactly how the arm transformed and thats why they appear slightly different before and after transformation. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom actually came to a DMC forum and used some fan thories to explain this kind of stuff better than they ever could lol.

Sparda™

Darth Angelo;196262 said:
This is all very interesting stuff about the arm but like Sparda said in a previous post.

I am guessing they were on some kind of scheduele to get the game out asap and probably didn't have time to think about things like exactly how the arm transformed and thats why they appear slightly different before and after transformation. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom actually came to a DMC forum and used some fan thories to explain this kind of stuff better than they ever could lol.

LOL.

Well, just saying what I said, would be too easy to get by everything the game throws at us, now wouldn't It.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;196260 said:
If you notice the sleeve when Nero is keeping his arm covered, the coat has a spike under. That's the reason the sleeve is down there to cover It, while when hasn't the cast and the sling, the sleeve shows the elbow's pike.

The claws you see are not huge and If you notice the first image I presented, his fingers are way too long and weirdly shaped. That shows the bulky fingers he has and the space left at the fingertips for the claws.

You're right. Well, that blows my theory out the window! :) Don't get me wrong, though. If the facts are true, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;196269 said:
You're right. Well, that blows my theory out the window! :) Don't get me wrong, though. If the facts are true, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

LOL

I'm just trying to fill what Capcom couldn't be bothered to do itself with the game.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;196307 said:
I'm just trying to fill what Capcom couldn't be bothered to do itself with the game.

Yeah... Capcom can be quite the idiots when it comes to detail...

Top Bottom