• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mighty No.9

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
jsdr.jpg

Well it got funded, in under two days no less. Glad to see such great support from a very passionate fandom.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Well it got funded, in under two days no less. Glad to see such great support from a very passionate fandom.
It did not beat a new Torment record but two days is still pretty good. Now i wonder how much they will gather, around 3 or 4 millions maybe?

Rayl

The highest tier is 2.5m and that's for console ports, if they get more then that then... well i honestly couldn't say.

Maybe go towards a sequel?

Martius

SSSmokin!
Oh, i am just speculating based on other kickstarters. I was surprised with oldschool rpgs fans which funded Torment and Project Eternity (base goal was similar, both of them got over 4 millions) , maybe it will happen again with this project.

More stuff in game i would say. Maybe some extra levels, modes, editor? Project Eternity had something interesting - dungeon which got bigger with bigger number of backers.

Rayl

Oh, i am just speculating based on other kickstarters. I was surprised with oldschool rpgs fans which funded Torment and Project Eternity (base goal was similar, both of them got over 4 millions) , maybe it will happen again with this project.

More stuff in game i would say. Maybe some extra levels, modes, editor? Project Eternity had something interesting - dungeon which got bigger with bigger number of backers.

Megaman 9 had Endless Attack mode, maybe they'll make something like that. Hell i'd like to see some alternate outfits for all the characters they end up making, all of which designed by the fans themselves.

Edit:

The pure hype i'm seeing on tumblr, twitter and a bunch of different art sites is astounding.

Then i saw this and i just can't stop laughing now.

tumblr_inline_msi1fg3siN1qz4rgp.jpg

Keiji Inafune's mouth beam has been fired.

Rayl

Thanks for posting that Gel, it was both a hilarious and infuriating read.

Sometimes, I just really wonder why Inafune-san left Capcom.”
Oh i'm sure i can think of a few reasons.

I could say that we would never cancel your project even if it takes a long time to really take off. We would never do something so horrible.

emot-psyduck.gif
emot-psyduck.gif
emot-psyduck.gif
emot-psyduck.gif
emot-psyduck.gif
emot-psyduck.gif
emot-psyduck.gif
emot-psyduck.gif
emot-psyduck.gif
emot-psyduck.gif

emot-psyduck.gif

And we would respect the creator’s vision.
tumblrlsuxp0zzrn1qj41h3.jpg

Because Capcom have perverted every single one of Inafune's original concepts and designs, at times even before they've gotten off the ground. Zero was originally Megaman X, X5 was made to be the last game in the X series before Capcom overruled him and made X6 behind his back and now that he's gone Megaman hasn't been treated with any respect, Dead Rising 3 looks completely awful and when was the last time you even HEARD about Onimusha?

Not to mention the Zero series was meant to be completely different from what it was with the original concept of it being FAR more interesting then what we actually got from it, Capcom FORCED him to change his "creators vision" for the entire story premise! What a load of bullshit.

-----------------
If he'd just given up that 10k, wished them luck and complimented the game that would have been okay but all of these off hand comments just look like they're designed to be interpreted in a REALLY negative fashion.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
The highest tier is 2.5m and that's for console ports, if they get more then that then... well i honestly couldn't say.

1.5 million for Linux/Mac ports, yes, because Macs are just as important as Linux. 2.5 million for current generation consoles and one mid-generation; PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii U. Since Keiji Inafune isn't part of a big developer studio, he's not going to go for next generation consoles since that would require purchases of development kits and training with the new, expensive kits even if they're similar to the PC. Joystiq, "Mighty No.9 stretch goals ignoring Xbox One, PS4 due to tech infamiliarity".

This could all change, however, since if there's enough demand, Keiji Inafune might try for an even higher goal for PS4 and Xbox One ports. Or he could make Mighty No.9 and then its sequel that includes ports of the original game for PS4 and Xbox One. Also, people have stated they wanted handheld versions of this game.

Rayl

Yeah, i'd personally like to see a Vita port myself but i'm currently just happy the game is funded, i'll be getting forum access when they get to it later this year since i pledged and i'm sure there will be plenty of great suggestions floating around there too since that's more or less what the forum will really be for.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Yeah, i'd personally like to see a Vita port myself but i'm currently just happy the game is funded, i'll be getting forum access when they get to it later this year since i pledged and i'm sure there will be plenty of great suggestions floating around there too since that's more or less what the forum will really be for.

Well, since Mighty No.9 may potentially make it on the Wii U and PS Vita... Hey, look they're getting games! Even though it's the same game! OMG! Someone other than Nintendo and Sony are supporting failing systems... The Wii U and PS Vita have only been on the market for about a year and year and a half... Idiots. Same thing happened to the PS3, which I think took 2 years before games starting pouring into the system left and right.

Megaman fans are going to be happy, but Eternal Darkness fans aren't since Shadows of the Eternals missed the mark by a long-shot.

Rayl

That's actually sad, Shadows of the Eternals seemed promising enough but yes the Megaman community is freaking out quite alot and tumblr has exploded with alot of content.

And i'm glad i'm not the only one with that viewpoint regarding Wii U and Vita, glad somebody can see the obvious.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
That's actually sad, Shadows of the Eternals seemed promising enough but yes the Megaman community is freaking out quite alot and tumblr has exploded with alot of content.

And i'm glad i'm not the only one with that viewpoint regarding Wii U and Vita, glad somebody can see the obvious.

Promising, yes, and David Hayter was on board, too. THE David Hayter who voiced Solid Snake and Big Boss. THE David Hayter who wrote a draft for a Watchmen film adaption. THE David Hayter who found egoraptor's Metal Gear Awesome, well, awesome. THE David Hayter who also speaks fluent Japanese.

It was also, its second campaign to raise money. You know what they say, "Third time's the charm". I think the main issue with the game is that it's so focused on graphics which makes the gameplay look really bland. Being really ambitious makes it even harder to create attention and meet expectation for a spiritual successor to a relatively unknown game. Oh, well.

Rayl

Hope Capcom won't kill this game just like Nintendo did to Metroid Fan-Film kickstarter.

They can't, Mighty No.9 doesn't infringe on Megaman's design enough that they can sue comcept. Not only that but i don't think Capcom would want to risk doing it anyway, i don't think they'd want to **** off Inafune or the Megaman fandom any more then they already have.

Top Bottom