• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Might It Not Happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sB*tch;203285 said:
Ahhh yes, the good ol' nanny state *rolls eyes*
I've got katana's. Forget about stabbing someone, they couldn't even slice fruit.

Oh I dunno, mine slices fruit all right. =P

I didn't know that was why they changed the name of Teenage mutant HERO turtles.

This from Wiki...

In the UK, TMNT was released under the name Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (TMHT). This was due to the controversy surrounding ninjas and related weapons such as nunchuks at the time. The intro sequence was heavily edited because of this, replacing the word ninja with hero or fighting, using a digitally faded logo instead of the animated blob, and removing any scenes in which Michelangelo wields his nunchuks, replacing them with random clips from the show.[5]

But I remember reading about it from other sources way back. And I remember the panic about 'chucks - I think they were banned for a while. Why they'd do that is beyond me - it's not like just anyone can pick up a pair and automatically fling them about with the finesse of Bruce Lee. You're more likely to break your own face without years of practice... :lol:

I remember seeing a lot less of Michaelangelo ever using his 'chucks compared to the others... anyone else?

Also
When shown on the BBC, phrases like "Let's kick some shell!" and "Bummer!" were removed from the episodes.
>_<

UK Government = what a bunch of Twonks.
Word.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
BlueDevil;203289 said:
Wow man...the subject went from "Will there be a DMC5" to "Let's kick the **** out of things with Fancy Swords" XD I love this community.

i know it's so cool. i love this kind of subject change.
wholdn't it be fun to wander around and cut up some random stuff with a katana. ( well until you get arrested.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom