• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Might It Not Happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Hey guys, just reading some other threads and what not... Does anyone here think Capcom may have turned their backs on the Devil May Cry series and given up on a 5th game. IF they have done this and they use the excuse "we maxed the story out" I will have a fit since there are infinite story possibilities. I personally don't think they will can the series but just wanting some views by you guys. I think they are taking their time to work on making a truly great game and not rushing it, but thats just my view. Other opinions please :D

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
There are certain rumors that there will be no DMC5. There are other rumors that if there is another DMC, Dante may mot be in it.

As a huge Legacy of Kain fan, i'm still 'patiently' waiting for another release in the series (it's been 6 years since Defiance was released).
There are plenty of unanswered questions in that series.

There is an article on the internet that says Capcom are happy that DMC4 has sold well and are THINKING about another game.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/20...ales-of-2-million-make-it-all-but-certain.htm

Plus, Capcom would be mad to stop the series. The series is in the Guiness world record Book for Gamers 2010. Best selling Hack n' Slah series!!!
How cool is that?!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I reckon the question is more "will there be any DMC news this year" rather than "will there ever be another DMC". As VB said, DMC is one of their better-selling series, like Resident Evil/Biohazard or Street Fighter... there's no way they'll hang it up like that, it's just a question of when they'll get back to it.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I don't know... I just really don't trust Capcom to do anything pleasing for the loyal fans... Damn I didn't know it was in GWW... That's AWESOME!!! Well lets hope they stick with the equal best (Resident Evil As Well) series they have and continue :/

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sB*tch;202814 said:
As a huge Legacy of Kain fan, i'm still 'patiently' waiting for another release in the series (it's been 6 years since Defiance was released).
There are plenty of unanswered questions in that series.

Has it been that long? Dayum, time flies

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
They would have to do somewhat of a Godfather 2 with it then because they would have to wrap up Dante's story and give us a more direct view of Sparda. A full demon that supposedly had fully functional human male reproductive organs? whats up with that?

If Sparda did have the power to create life he would have done it like Mundus not...Shaft.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Darth Angelo;202853 said:
They would have to do somewhat of a Godfather 2 with it then because they would have to wrap up Dante's story and give us a more direct view of Sparda. A full demon that supposedly had fully functional human male reproductive organs? whats up with that?

If Sparda did have the power to create life he would have done it like Mundus not...Shaft.

Well he chose to stay on Earth and adopt a fairly normal-looking human shape, didn't he? Wouldn't have looked very normal without a tallywacker.

And going by European mythology/Judeo-Christian influence (which the series borrows heavily from), 'demons' and other unfriendly supernatural folk tend to be pretty heavily associated with the old 'carnal desires'.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
:lol:...tallywacker...:lol:

I tried to get some info from Reuben Langdon, in the form of an innocent "IF there is to be a DMC5, would you want to play Dante again, or are you kinda over that character by now?"

Reason why I asked him was because Just Cause is somewhat involved in the big games coming out, eg. Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, I think Biohazard as well (I might be wrong with that one).

He totally ignored my question which - apart from the fact that it's pretty annoying - means it's very likely they are either looking at making the next installment for the game, or they're already in development with it, or they're already done with it and it's been handed over to Capcom to round off. This is just me guessing though, and hoping.

I figure the way Capcom should go about it is make the series up to DMC6 - because that's the devil's number, and I mean, you know, obviously that'll fit in well. Or they might take the series up to DMC8, because 8 is valued as good luck or something in China (or was it Japan?) :huh:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Capcom will be stupid to stop releasing new DMC games. DMC series are popular game series by Capcom along Resident Evil series, Mega Man series, and etc, and 3 of the games sold well worldwide upon release. I have no doubts that if DMC5 is released soon, it will sell millions. Devil may Cry franchise should expand like Resident Evil franchise to garner more new fans of DMC so that it will be more popular. Regardless, here's to hoping future release of DMC5. ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If DMC 5 never comes out, I'll go ballistic with a friggin' chainsaw, a desert eagle, my 8-gauge shotgun and my katana. (Yes, I have a katana, it's an Odachi blade, which means it's a very long, two handed sword. I'm also not too shabby at dual-wielding a pair of Nodachi katana as well.)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Lexy;202863 said:
Well he chose to stay on Earth and adopt a fairly normal-looking human shape, didn't he? Wouldn't have looked very normal without a tallywacker.

And going by European mythology/Judeo-Christian influence (which the series borrows heavily from), 'demons' and other unfriendly supernatural folk tend to be pretty heavily associated with the old 'carnal desires'.

Good answer and I suppose Arius was able to create Chi so why couldn't it work the other way around?

Its just that I would have thought that he could make himself look as human as he wants but being a full demon wouldn't be able to produce the seed to actually empregnate Eva.
That humans are born with the tools to make more humans but that doesn't seem to be the purpose of the demons so why would Sparda carry those tools.

o_O im confusing myself now lol

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well, who knows? If we go by the DMC universe's explanation, he definitely "impregantes a woman", as stated by Arkham, implying he uses the 'normal' method - for humans, that is. But in the DMC universe, a 'demon' could be any kind of creature CAPCOM wants it to be - if they say demons can mate with humans, they can mate with humans.

If we go by Judeo-Christian suggestion, devils are 'fallen' angels or followers of fallen angels, originally human in aspect, like God. Mundus appears like one in DMC1, suggestive of descriptions of one of God's messengers with wings, or an ancient Greek god. As far as I know, Biblical angels are never mentioned to breed - or need to. Some Biblical demons though, like Lilith, did a lot of breeding. But Greek gods - they were at it all the time with humans, creating plenty of Greek heroes, lol. Looking at it this way, DMC seems to borrow from a lot of sources, and Mundus looks distinctively Zeus-like. Since we know Mundus can apparently create by will and Sparda can procreate like a human, the DMC universe is a bit of an amalgam...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Lexy;202891 said:
. As far as I know, Biblical angels are never mentioned to breed - QUOTE]

Genesis Chapter 6, verses 1 through 4 ( i found this on wikipedia
"Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of god saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. .... The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

sons of god sounds to me like it means angels found some women they liked and had some fun and then had some children. many belive that nephilim ("the fallen ones ") refers to those children. so that means that one of the always accepted books of the bible says angels did breed with human women. can you think of men of more renown than the sons of angels.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Contacting would be a great idea...if they weren't falling apart.Since DMC3[or was it Sengoku Basara?]they have been falling as a company.Luckilly they are far-off Namco-Bandai's levels.[And i'm not talking about the Banpresto and CyberConnect 2 segments].

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
*giggles childishly* tallywacker...
Something you made me think of was from one of my favorite books.
"Star Trek: to reign in hell: the exile of khan noonien singh"

Khan was artificially created by scientists. When he was sent into exile with his ppl and his wife, Khan tried to conceive a child with his human wife. It wouldn't happen because her physiology was completely different to his.

So, i can see what your getting at.
I always thought, for a full demon like Sparda, his human form would be mostly a shell of some sort to blend in with the humans.

Dreadnought: i have a Katana too... i may tag along if DMC5 doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom