• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

May have found the worst review of DmC in the History of time

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
IGN doesn't exist here. We all know how stupid they can be. People seem to confuse the word honest with opinion though especially when it comes to DmC. You know what's pretty funny. The DMC fanboys who loved him for that review now suddenly hate him because he gave MGR the same exact score as DmC. Fandom is pretty dumb.

I think he gave MGR a badass seal of approval though and again i'm not just talking about his DmC Review.

You don't know of Benzai and Master Bate? I thought you'd know of him since you know of Angry Joe. They all come from the same place.

I know that angryjoe is from Thatguywiththeglasses.com but i never got any chance to look at the others.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think he gave MGR a badass seal of approval though and again i'm not just talking about his DmC Review.

I know that angryjoe is from Thatguywiththeglasses.com but i never got any chance to look at the others.
No, Angry Joe gave MGR the same exact score he gave DmC. 7/10.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
But then other things got completely changed like back story and Dante’s own personality.
The...wait, Dante's personality changed? Did he go all sulky and quiet again?....noo....nope, it's still the same ol' Dante, just grittier and with less lame one liners and more wit. Aye. Not a magnificent change.

Enemies clearly indicate when they are going to attack, it isn’t as much of a guessing game as the previous ones with that.
I actually liked that about the other games :(

You may like it and you may not, depends on your taste in music really.
OR you may not even notice it, like me.

The voice acting on the other hand is okay. There was things I would have wanted, like them keeping Dante’s and Vergil’s voice actors the same as they always been, but it’s not bad. It’s just some of the dialogue can really let it down.
The f-? Okay, I'm sorry, but Dante's va did fail a couple of times. Vergil's didn't. They were both brilliant, except for when Dante obtains the goods from Sparda and Eva's portraits? I mean, LAME. He could have put more feeling into it. Why didn't someone drop a bowling ball on his foot? Might have gotten the believable effect then.
Oh, also, the dialogue, definitely took a step up in my books compared to previous games. I mean, they ACTUALLY had a few CONVERSATIONS. Gah! It's magic!!!

The graphics are really good in this game.
Clearly you haven't played DMC4 in a while. Those graphics KICKED ASS compared to DmC.

The one thing I complain about is using the guns. There is no lock on system, so I’m sitting trying to shoot one of those smaller demons but I’m shooting other enemies instead. The one thing that is better though is that evade has its own button now, no longer do you have to work with three buttons at once to get this working. It’s also a bit like Bayonetta’s evade which is good as that was one of the best evade mechanics in any game. You can upgrade the evade so you have Demon and Angel evade to work with too.
Hmm-mmm, these are my thoughts exactly.

it’s simple grappling hook stuff.
I LOATHE this. So much.

He sounds a bit inexperienced to me. Just my opinion though.

Sunaka Marién

........what exactly makes this the worse review again?
'cuz the writer clearly doesn't know the difference between Dubstep and Metal-ish stuff :troll:

Meh, the review was ok, I mean, it's their opion and that's ok. Saying "it's not a bad game" but giving it a 5 rating is kinda contradictional, though, but they're not professional, so whatevs.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
'cuz the writer clearly doesn't know the difference between Dubstep and Metal-ish stuff :troll:

Meh, the review was ok, I mean, it's their opion and that's ok. Saying "it's not a bad game" but giving it a 5 rating is kinda contradictional, though, but they're not professional, so whatevs.

Well, 5 means it's not bad or good, just mediocre. Maybe he's one of those people that actually takes the 1-10 system literally and doesn't give a 7 to a mediocre game like most people do. 1-6 = suck, 7 = okay, 8 = good, 9 = great and 10 = flawless.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Zilla that is not the worst review of DmC.

THIS is the worst review of DmC. @_@

http://thedudehasgotnomercy.tumblr.com/post/42039651129/donte-must-die-a-review-of-dmc-devil-may-cry

Behold as it stretches the truth to breaking point on the story and splashes 'I hate this game to death' paint all over it.
Eeeeh, the dude is pretty non-biased when it comes to combat though. He misses some minor stuff about the mechanics but otherwise he is pretty much right.

He does go on the story a bit though.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yeah, that's the bit I'm talking about it XD
He's got his head so far up his fanatical fanboy a$$ he can speak nothing but bullsh!t. The combat in DmC isn't shallow at all and for anyone who's actually dived in to it know how much potential it holds. The problem with DmC's combat is not the combat itself but the enemy combinations that oddly narrow down your tactics when it host a combat system that feels really comfortable in your hand and holds depth and variety. The game can be its own worst enemy at times.

seraphmaycry

He's got his head so far up his fanatical fanboy a$$ he can speak nothing but bullsh!t. The combat in DmC isn't shallow at all and for anyone who's actually dived in to it know how much potential it holds. The problem with DmC's combat is not the combat itself but the enemy combinations that oddly narrow down your tactics when it host a combat system that feels really comfortable in your hand and holds depth and variety. The game can be its own worst enemy at times.

i find it hard it to beleive hiss sss score with a d for completion and time is real seems like he just wants to make more hate to me there is also i lot of obvious lies in their. two moves for each weapon? stinger useless? lucky if you activate it once per mission?

The bosses, another staple of the series, are another disappointment. While in previous games a boss fight awaited you at the end of most missions, in DmC there’s only a handful, six total, compared to the 14 in DMC4 and 15 in DMC3. None of the boss fights are particularly interesting or challenging, most of them being watered down copies of fights from previous series. One of the fights is even used twice, bringing the number of unique bosses down to a meager 5 which boss is used twice? was not there seven? and 14 bosses in dmc4? a lot less unique bosses just like in dmc3

seraphmaycry

un just appaled by the exaggeration and wording and the godawful punctuation mainly just how he takes everything out of context (kat was raped?????????? by attacked i think they meant beaten)

Onecrazymonkey1

un just appaled by the exaggeration and wording and the godawful punctuation mainly just how he takes everything out of context (kat was raped?????????? by attacked i think they meant beaten)

Which, for the guy to even say that Kat was raped to make the game edgy is pretty low honestly.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Kat being attacked implies that she was either raped or beaten.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
ee3.jpg
Zilla that is not the worst review of DmC.

THIS is the worst review of DmC. @_@

http://thedudehasgotnomercy.tumblr.com/post/42039651129/donte-must-die-a-review-of-dmc-devil-may-cry

Behold as it stretches the truth to breaking point on the story and splashes 'I hate this game to death' paint all over it.
mlfw9242-Uberhappy_Derpy.png

It's beautiful

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Kat being attacked implies that she was either raped or beaten.

It does, also saying that Kat was attacked at night would imply it further.

Although I get annoyed when people make a big deal of it just to hate the game. I think Alice Madness Returns tackled the issue of rape and abuse a lot more, and it showed a flashback of the attacker of Alice's sister visiting her room.

Kat only really mentions the abuse in about one sentence [and not giving no mention of the R word], the rest is about how she escaped, met Vergil and how he helped her face her demons and kill her foster father.

Not denying I wasn't surprised when I first heard it. Felt bad for the Kitty Kat ;_;

Top Bottom