• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

May have found the worst review of DmC in the History of time

GF9000000Returns

Some I understand, some I'm like "whatever", and some made yell inside my head saying "Just STFU, you don't know what your talking about", in other words some of his points were biased.

Yeah like the others said, this review's dead anyway, though this is the first low score this game has (and hopefully the last).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Not the worst review. Just brutally honest. I've seen worse reviews for both DmC and DMC games.

Though I feel like he's just laying it on DmC just because it's not DMC.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
His opinion or not, unless you're going off of 2010 Dante completely, there is no way in Hell New Dante could be mistaken for Emo. If so, I guess anyone with black hair and a fauxhawk is emo, go figure. Hell, even Joe's hair is similar to Dante's, without the V shave at the back, and I'm sure He'd hardly call himself Emo, would He?

Yeah, i know. I got annoyed when he says about the black hair thing since i too have black hair. When he called new dante emo, i don't agree with it and i pointed it out to him at twitter that his hair style is almost the same as him except that the front of his hair is spikier. But hey at least he still gave a fair review on DmC don't you think?

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Yeah, i know. I got annoyed when he says about the black hair thing since i too have black hair. But when he called new dante emo, i don't agree with it. But hey at least he still gave a fair review on DmC don't you think?
I would say fair yeah, if I were him I would have pushed it to 8 and slipped out a 'Badass Seal of approval' but again, that's Me being biased. I just didn't appreciate how He basically wrote off and dismissed every character the game had to offer almost entirely based upon their older counterparts, just defeats the purpose of even reviewing a reboot if you're going to do that. But, his opinion, his show, etc, etc, what am I, Random Internet Guy #5,093,934 going to do about it? :p

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I would say fair yeah, if I were him I would have pushed it to 8 and slipped out a 'Badass Seal of approval' but again, that's Me being biased. I just didn't appreciate how He basically wrote off and dismissed every character the game had to offer almost entirely based upon their older counterparts, just defeats the purpose of even reviewing a reboot if you're going to do that. But, his opinion, his show, etc, etc, what am I, Random Internet Guy #5,093,934 going to do about it? :p

Yeah, a guy having 500,000 subscribers and not even a professional reviewer. In that review, it's actually the first time he gave so much thoughts on the characters, the controversy and the story on a particular game.

GF9000000Returns

Yeah, i know. I got annoyed when he says about the black hair thing since i too have black hair. When he called new dante emo, i don't agree with it and i pointed it out to him at twitter that his hair style is almost the same as him except that the front of his hair is spikier. But hey at least he still gave a fair review on DmC don't you think?

HA! Ya see? I KNEW there are STILL some people who can't get over the hair!

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Not the worst review, i saw 0s on metacritic 3 weeks before it came out, with the explination as why they gave the scores as "this game is horrible! The ending sucks, this is not the real dante!" Those are biased, the ones giving 7/8/9s are more realistic imo, the game has some glitches so automatically not 10, it is kind of short but the replayability is high so then even each other out a little, the combat is a lot of fun if you are willing to enjoy it and get over the 30fps thing, the story is pretty good i would say a little better than 3s but not by too much. but instead of giving it a number i usually just say it is even with dmc3. No better no worse. But...thats just opinion

EvilX-81

Wait, what was so bad about the Angry Joe review? He was pretty level IMO, though I'm getting sick of hearing the bitching about the wig. It's like nobody got the joke, even after beating the game.

Domenic93

I'm not saying that the game should be given automatic 9/10s straight outta the gate, all I'm saying is that a 5 for this game is incredibly harsh.

Comments like "Many of us were probably outraged about this when we first seen his redesign, but that soon went over as we figured it might actually be an okay game." I find to be extremely sweeping. In fact, the entire opening paragraph is just one big "Lower your expectations".

And the comment about the audio doesn't even make sense to Me, the reviewer implies that it's entirely dubstep when in fact very little of the game features dubstep-esque music, nowhere near as prominent as the industrial Combichrists slice of the soundtrack anyway.

I've read many a review on DmC, but this I found to be the most uncomfortable to read. The whole thing just feels wrong.
well I remember tameem or alex jones saying exactly that during the early interviews

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Wait, what was so bad about the Angry Joe review? He was pretty level IMO, though I'm getting sick of hearing the bitching about the wig. It's like nobody got the joke, even after beating the game.

Angryjoe is the best reviewer out there for me lol
Along with zeitgeist and adam sessler.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Angryjoe is the best reviewer out there for me lol
Along with zeitgeist and adam sessler.
Eh, Angry Joe is alright. He's sometimes hit and miss. A little over dramatic with that DmC review where the joke to make fun of Dante lasted too long where it stopped being funny. Then again, Angry Joe is a character and he tends to still stay in that character so when watching reviews from people like him you should also keep in mind they are putting on an act to an extent. Usually when I'm on TGWTG anyway I'm watching Nostalgia Critic though.

I wish Adam Sessler would just review games like he used to back in the good old X-Play days. He's an intelligent guy and I like him but I know he's also got a good sense of humor and he doesn't do that anymore. Yahtzee is my favorite reviewer because he's also a pretty smart guy and is absolutely hilarious.

EvilX-81

Eh, Angry Joe is alright. He's sometimes hit and miss. A little over dramatic with that DmC review where the joke to make fun of Dante lasted too long where it stopped being funny. Then again, Angry Joe is a character and he tends to still stay in that character so when watching reviews from people like him you should also keep in mind they are putting on an act to an extent. Usually when I'm on TGWTG anyway I'm watching Nostalgia Critic though.

Huh, I always figured Angry Joe to be one of the more honest reviewers out there. Some reviewers seem to be trying to cash in on the "Angry Videogame Nerd" thing of being snarky and uber ****ed off, and while he does that too, he also gives a game it's props where it's due.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Huh, I always figured Angry Joe to be one of the more honest reviewers out there. Some reviewers seem to be trying to cash in on the "Angry Videogame Nerd" thing of being snarky and uber ****ed off, and while he does that too, he also gives a game it's props where it's due.
When we're talking about reviewers like Angry Joe and reviews in general they are nothing but opinions. The fair and unbiased ones are the examples of good ones but also there is a tiny little catch when it comes to Angry Joe and the rest of the team on TGWTG. They specifically create these characters who have their own personality and way to review things. That's kind of always been their thing. I like Benzai better than Joe because he's funnier and also has that Master Bate persona that reviews hentai games. Good stuff.

I don't care much for the Angry Video Game Nerd but what cashing in are you talking about? The Angry Video Game Nerd is a character and he is suppose to be uber p!ssed off reviewing games. Angry Joe is another examples of those characters. Nostalgia Critic even admits that some of the stuff he says in his Nostalgia Critic review can conflict with his own personal opinion.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

I wasn't just talking about his DmC review though. Yeah he sometimes hit and miss but his honest review make it up for it. It's much better than the silly reviews of those IGNorant people. Oh wait.

. That's kind of always been their thing. I like Benzai better than Joe because he's funnier and also has that Master Bate persona that reviews hentai games. Good stuff.

LOL wtf

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I wasn't just talking about his DmC review though. Yeah he sometimes hit and miss but his honest review make it up for it. It's much better than the silly reviews of those IGNorant people. Oh wait.

LOL wtf
IGN doesn't exist here. We all know how stupid they can be. People seem to confuse the word honest with opinion though especially when it comes to DmC. You know what's pretty funny. The DMC fanboys who loved him for that review now suddenly hate him because he gave MGR the same exact score as DmC. Fandom is pretty dumb.

You don't know of Benzai and Master Bate? I thought you'd know of him since you know of Angry Joe. They all come from the same place.

EvilX-81

When we're talking about reviewers like Angry Joe and reviews in general they are nothing but opinions. The fair and unbiased ones are the examples of good ones but also there is a tiny little catch when it comes to Angry Joe and the rest of the team on TGWTG. They specifically create these characters who have their own personality and way to review things. That's kind of always been their thing. I like Benzai better than Joe because he's funnier and also has that Master Bate persona that reviews hentai games. Good stuff.

I think I get what you mean; Spoony for example hates the latest FF games, but I don't think anywhere as hard as he tries to portray it in the videos, it just makes it funnier to be raging mad.

I don't care much for the Angry Video Game Nerd but what cashing in are you talking about? The Angry Video Game Nerd is a character and he is suppose to be uber p!ssed off reviewing games. Angry Joe is another examples of those characters. Nostalgia Critic even admits that some of the stuff he says in his Nostalgia Critic review can conflict with his own personal opinion.

Cashing in I meant as everyone's doing the angry gamer schtick. AVGN made it popular, now everyone is doing a variation of that type. Not that I'm blaming them. It's funny when done the right way and is an easy connect with the audience.

"Remember this game? How it ****ed you off? LET'S RAEG TOGETHER!!"

Top Bottom