• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

OblivionDante

"Let's Rock!"
I agree, but the best parts of DMC4 storywise was the beginning and the end, they were well executed. The middle to me was just angerfying. Nero and his goddamned arm of mystery. :mad:

Yeah I wanted to know what was going on with Nero as well. Which I hope we still will get to see Nero's origin like if Vergil is indeed his daddy lol.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I agree, but the best parts of DMC4 storywise was the beginning and the end, they were well executed. The middle to me was just angerfying. Nero and his goddamned arm of mystery. :mad:

Nero could have been an interesting character but they half-assed him so they could fit Dante into the game to avoid fan outcry.

Azurel

Because there are people who do not care about others' opinions than their own. But to rage about that is to be stoop down to their level. You're just giving them the reaction they want from you, so they can use you as an example of how "all" supporters are.

Fine. I'll stop reacting to them.

AngelMode

Haha.

This whole thread is so funny.
Popcorn-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Azurel

No YOU shot random stuff now from what I've seen and has been shouting a lot on unnecessary stuff.

You're wrong. My reactions were justified. If you can't agree with that, then let's just drop it here.

Any You're just adding stupid fire to the flame that doesn't need to be lit.

I get it and I respect your opinion, but...let it go. Why would you think you'd like the ending of a game you hate, and a fanbase you obviously despise?

Like I said -- justified.

Besides, people who hate the game are going to flame it because it's not what they want. It's that simple. So, they're going to give the supporters a hard time about it because of that.

kerolin

Well since we're starting to cool down abit, I'll say this.

I'll tell you what I saw in that ending.

A long battle of two special brothers who had to fight through constant demon bosses, face destruction at every turn, and felt as though they were fighting a battle that they truthfully knew they'd lose. Dante himself had the sinking feeling that he would die in this plan of Vergil's and just didn't care. But Kat changed his mind the more they spent time together. Kat was the one who saved Dante from his ride to death mentally and physically. And finally with that determination and will to fight the demons, the three were victorious in their battle, and accomplished their goal. The humans thought Dante and the others were the real enemies of the world. That they were wrong. But ti turns out the humans were mistaken and the demons were the people they depended on the most.

That makes you think. The people who we always depend on like the government we are ruled under, or trusting every word or law abides for us. Are they truly the liberators of our suffering, or are they denying us a gateway to the truth about their intentions for the country they rule under?

Anyway back to the DmC ending. Now that all is said and done and humans are now free from demon control...They'll never survive on their own. With all this that's happened the world will go into a state of panic. Humans will kill others, buildings will be destroyed, society and civilization will halt to exist. They need a ruler.

This was what Vergil wanted.

Vergil wanted to protect the humans as a ruler and governor so that they will never face destruction, but he wanted to do it in a way that could also jeprodize humanity's freedom and possibly their lives as well.

Dante didn't want this.

He wanted humans to be free from their torment from any ruler of higher power because that wouldn't make that ruler any better then Mundus.

Vergil believes that him and Dante should have the right to say that they can rule over the humans as a offering for being the only beings to save them, but Dante breaks that thought by adding one small but key factor to their victory.

Kat.

Kat was the human who saved humanity as well, and has suffered through so much torture, lead Dante and Vergil through Mundus's tower WITH an injured arm, and saved Dante, SAVED Dante. Something most humans in DMC have the power to do. And what does Vergil say?

"She was useful."

All that hard work and pain Kat had to suffer through for his ambitions and Vergil spits right at her face and says she was useful? How can Vergil be so cruel? I think I know. He let his lust for power cloud his better judgement of how the world really is and how Kat truly was a driving point in their plan even succeeding.

But Vergil wouldn't have that. He believes Dante is still the selfish arrogant punk that he was when they first met, and wanted him to be part of this goal of his, seeing it Vergil's way. But he didn't realize that Dante wouldn't go for this and that he didn't want humans to be the product of human farming for Vergil's power lust over the humanity that didn't give a damn about him, or Dante.

Dante didn't want to destroy Mundus so that Vergil could just slip right on the throne again. He knew he didn't want to, but had no other choice.

He had to end it.

Vergil was obviously upset about this which is why he yelled at Kat. I mean think back to how Kat respected Vergil, and how Vergil helped her from possibly getting killed or doing suicide. She was pretty much in love with him, and he spat in her face by calling her something that was compared to a tool. That's pretty awful.

Now I won't spoil the fight but at 7:00, It reminded me of DMC3 a lot with the colors and all.

Now for the final scene.

Dante had had enough of Vergil's power hungeryness, and felt he needed to end this once and for all. Now if we remember from DMC3, Dante had no choice but to kill Vergil because of all that he was doing, this can be said for Dante as he must do what needs to be done, or Vergil will get as strong as Mundus and take over humanity. But he also felt broken that he had to kill his own brother like this. No brother should have to see his brother laying on the floor with a sword in his chest like that. It's just horrid and vile. And Dante knew this, but...he had to be the devil hunter. He had to kill evil.

And that's where Kat comes in.

Kat's words were able to stop a demon from killing, and calm the beast within Dante's soul. Proving that maybe a human really can make a difference in the world. That Kat was more the of use. She was the person who's voice made Dante something he never thought he was; human. Through Kat, Dante is human.

Vergil didn't see it the same way.

Vergil could only see foolishness and someone try

to be someone they're not. In a way, the fans who thought new Dante tried to be cool were right. He tried to be something he's not, which is what Vergil thought of him. So he knew that one day, they will have to fight again, and that both will have to kill each other.

Once Vergil left Dante was able to feel true feeling. The doubt he always felt from the beginning of what he truly was came back in him, and he did so much so that he wouldn't have to feel that hurt anymore. He fought so hard to be more then a monster, only for Vergil to remind him he still is one no matter what he does.

But Dante's more then that.

As Kat said; "He is Dante. Nothing more, nothing less."

That's my two cents on it.^_^

summary very amazing, but what do you think has some kind of romance between Dante and kat?

crush

Azurel, he claims that he is a decade younger than you.
He uses memes, loves pain in naruto and uses a account that is made recently .it's solid.
why so serious?

Dante94513

Better then Dante just riding into hell..ok ill give ya that. Better then DMC4 where we get to see Nero's and Dante's story all wrapped up nicely and giving a taste of what could of been back at the office. I'm sorry..no..just no DMC4 ending is MILES better then this crap.

DMC4's ending felt PG rating, and didn't give much emotion to me. While it was nice that Nero questioned Kyrie that she still loves him if he is a demon and that looked cute together, I don't know much about them to actually care. How the demons appeared ruined any emotion and care they somewhat had and made it somewhat of a joke. It worked in DMC3, didn't work in DMC4. And the cutscene during the credits felt like a forced romance device (just look at the sunset at the same place where countless demons were attacking you a second ago).

Top Bottom