• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Y'know, I don't understand why all of them are white/blonde haired except for the original DmC Dante. After the whole "NT teasing haters because of the white hair" thing, it's kinda ironic that all of the DLC costumes don't have black hair.

And it even has a DMC3 outfit to go along with the DLC costumes. Really ironic imo.
I think it's because Dante's REAL hair colour is white or something like that.

ChaserTech

its just DLC for its not to sell the game, its to thank the fans for buying the game and giving them more content for their money. in almost every interveiw people ask if DMC dante can be a skin. so they think, why not its just a skin. its not meant to stand for anything or be some sort of statement.

Still kinda weird if you ask me.

I think it's because Dante's REAL hair colour is white or something like that.

Even so, you'd think they pull an UMVC3 and make alternate costumes with different hair colors. lol

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Still kinda weird if you ask me./quote]

not at all, its the opposite infact, if a DMC fanboy/ DmC hater wants said skin he'll either have to pay the game a lot to unlock it. so itll be:
hater:"man i hate DmC it sux"
personB: then why did you spend so much time playing it
hater:....

or theyll have to pay for it to unlock the DLC early. making it win win for Capcom

EvilX-81

Honestly I don't think the ending was totally rotten, but i think it was underwhelming because the dialog from the cut scene completely overshadowed the actual fight to me.
The cut scene came across to me like something from final fantasy mixed with the clash of the titans remake which resulted in an ending equal to the first HellBoy or Fable2's ending.

All that you've gone through, the those bizarre creatures, the weird areas & skills you've learned.
And you get to a below average battle that looks like you really don't need to be fully upgraded to beat, that the most thrilling thing about it was the cut scene before it begins.

It's like it's better to watch then play.​

Indeed. That final fight could've used a few lessons from Bayonetta and Asura's Wrath.

The final Bayonetta vs Jeanne fight changes scenes like 5 times in total, and Asura's final fight with his brother was satisfying in how it was done IMO

Maybe if they'd gave Vergil 2 energy bars, half for each of those mini cutscenes that pop up. I'm just wondering if Vergil fights any better on the higher difficulties. He has enough attacks and abilities to make it a hell of a final fight against him...

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Btw, I've heard that Vergil's not going to be in Bloody Palace.

Why is this?
Vergil most likely doesn't have angel and demon weapons and simply putting him in Dante's version of bloody palace just wouldn't work due to those ice/fire demons. I assume that they will add bloody palace for Vergil at a later date.

Gbraga

Btw, I've heard that Vergil's not going to be in Bloody Palace.

Why is this?
You'll probably get him playable on bloody palace after you beat his campaign, so of course they wouldn't have him playable on Bloody Palace as soon as it comes out.

TyIquan_DmC

Y'know, I don't understand why all of them are white/blonde haired except for the original DmC Dante. After the whole "NT teasing haters because of the white hair" thing, it's kinda ironic that all of the DLC costumes don't have black hair.

And it even has a DMC3 outfit to go along with the DLC costumes. Really ironic imo.

They never "teased" anyone about the white hair, though. They just said that it'd be explained. And seeing as Dante's appearance is STILL one of the most talked about "issues" with this game, they say there's more to this game than Dante's hair color.

It's quite evident though that his hair was always intended to be white, so I don't see how the other unlockable(you keep saying DLC like they aren't in the game) costumes having white hair is a big surprise.

ChaserTech

You'll probably get him playable on bloody palace after you beat his campaign, so of course they wouldn't have him playable on Bloody Palace as soon as it comes out.

No, he's not available.
We might need to see if this is true from Gregaman himself if RagingDemon015 says Greg confirmed it.

5lRyp.jpg

And here's the thread as well.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_may_cry/go/thread/view/7401/29622699/vergil-bloody-palace

Take in mind that the site maybe extremely slow. Could be a lot of traffic at this point on the site, who knows?

Gbraga

Yes, as I said, he's probably saying "you can't play as Vergil in the Bloody Palace we're launching in a few days", he'll probably be added for those who purchase his DLC, they can't say "Vergil will be playable on Bloody Palace" and then he's not unless you pay $9, it would be fake advertising.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
No, he's not available.
We might need to see if this is true from Gregaman himself if RagingDemon015 says Greg confirmed it.

5lRyp.jpg

And here's the thread as well.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_may_cry/go/thread/view/7401/29622699/vergil-bloody-palace

Take in mind that the site maybe extremely slow. Could be a lot of traffic at this point on the site, who knows?
:/ Didn't I already tell you. Vergil has no demon or angel weapons and therefore simply putting him in Dante's bloody palace would screw things up due to the ice/demon monsters. Also, there is the Poison boss which requires the demon hook, something Vergil doesn't seem to have. They would have to rework the bosses and render new cut scenes in order for Vergil to be in bloody palace.

ChaserTech

:/ Didn't I already tell you. Vergil has no demon or angel weapons and therefore simply putting him in Dante's bloody palace would screw things up due to the ice/demon monsters. Also, there is the Poison boss which required the demon hook. They would have to rework the bosses and render new cut scenes in order for Vergil to be in bloody palace.

*shrugs* It's still an inconvenience. Considering the fact that you can only play as Vergil within his chapter story.

The least that they can do is swap enemy spawns and get rid of bosses entirely for Vergil, which shouldn't be a major problem to do at all. I'm just stating that Vergil's not going to be in Bloody Palace. Plain and simple.

Gbraga

*shrugs* It's still an inconvenience. Considering the fact that you can only play as Vergil within his chapter story.

The least that they can do is swap enemy spawns and get rid of bosses entirely for Vergil, which shouldn't be a major problem to do at all. I'm just stating that Vergil's not going to be in Bloody Palace. Plain and simple.
I really hope you're wrong man, I really really do :(

Oh and by the way, your new video was GREAT.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington

It's rather disheartening for sure but given that there are legitimate reasons as to why they cannot simply toss Vergil in bloody palace, it's understandable.

Gbraga

It's rather disheartening for sure but given that there are legitimate reasons as to why they cannot simply toss Vergil in bloody palace, it's understandable.
No it's not. Just take out the color-coded enemies and Poison, you wouldn't only make Vergil fit, but you'd make Bloody Palace a better place, those two are just horrible anyway.

ChaserTech

No it's not. Just take out the color-coded enemies and Poison, you wouldn't only make Vergil fit, but you'd make Bloody Palace a better place, those two are just horrible anyway.

I'm sure they could even make the Poison Boss work if Vergil actually has a mechanic that allows him to pull enemies towards him. He could also use a specific attack (like Summon Swords) to aim at the targets. Then again, the scripted cut-scenes ruin almost any chance for Vergil to be in BP.

. . . I really hate scripted Boss fights with cut-scenes. It's extremely annoying.

crush

Actually Vergil has demonpull and angellift with his summon swords markers.
It is already confirmed in the Japanese blog. I really doubt that.

Gbraga

I'm sure they could even make the Poison Boss work if Vergil actually has a mechanic that allows him to pull enemies towards him. He could also use a specific attack (like Summon Swords) to aim at the targets. Then again, the scripted cut-scenes ruin almost any chance for Vergil to be in BP.

. . . I really hate scripted Boss fights with cut-scenes. It's extremely annoying.
I expect the boss fights to have no cutscenes in BP, that's what I'm looking forward to, that would make the game SO MUCH better to keep playing.

Top Bottom