• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Logan (Wolverine 3)

Skagewid

The professor X begins to be a demented, too old to have an adventure.
Wolverine is always the strongest, and I want to know how he has made those wounds.
But also the professor has regeneration? Because it's served a film about old age of Logan to kill him.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hugh may be getting old, but hell has he still got the stare!

Logan-trailer1-700x300.jpg

Though if there is something I'm not impressed about, it's the red band version of the trailer. I mean, there's ONE additional kind of graphic scene and that's it.

snikt.png

I expected more on the violence. Well, it's just the first trailer anyway. And still, I couldn't have put it better myself, Ryan.

2rorqjq.png

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This is honestly my most favorite look for Wolverine. The beard, the World-weary look, and the somberness of the movie is really getting my attention. I wasn't too happy with Xmen Origins, and The Wolverine was okay, but THIS looks so awesome and I'm just too hype to put it into better words. I'm not even that big a fan of Wolverine anymore, but this movie just might make a fanboy out of me again.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Well, this is my "MUST SEE" movie of 2017.
Hope it'll live up to the hype, the last couple of years, my must see, didn't turn out to be my favorite

2016: Must see Movie? Captain America Civil War. Favorite? Deadpool

2015: Must see Movie? Avengers: Age of Ultron. Favorite? Star Wars: The Force Awakens

2014: Must see Movie? Godzilla. Favorite? Captain America:The Winter Soldier.

Too be fair though, in most of those cases my must see still made my top 5.....Cept Age of Ultron, I liked it, but I had more fun with Ant-Man and Jurassic World....The other 3 on the list were Mad Max, Creed, and Star Wars

Reactions: Jak

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
The Johnny Cash song in the first trailer got me hyped to see it, NGL.

Also while I understand why this movie is called "Wolverine 3" (because of the single-character-focus) I object to it in a pedantic way. IMO, every X-Men Movie was a Wolverine movie.
X-Men? Wolverine (and Rogue)
X-2? Wolverine (and William Stryker)
X-3? Wolverine (and Phoenix)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is self-explanatory, so is The Wolverine
DOFP? Wolverine Took Kitty Pryde's Role
He was only not in First Class or Apocalypse but he still had a scene in those movies. The only other character that's been in all those films apart from him would be Professor X.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Yes. But people are still calling it Wolverine 3 because it's his third solo movie. They're wrong, but that doesn't change that fans still call it that. It's like the difference between being honest and being truthful.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I can't think of many scenarios for someone to be confused, unless the person talking about it doesn't format it text-wise (italicizing the title or putting it in quotation marks) or, out loud, doesn't put the words "the movie" anywhere near it (as in "the movie 'Logan'" or "that Logan movie"), or either person isn't even familiar with the title/the character/anything to do with X-Men, in which case, I'd be wondering how that conversation even came up. Besides, The Wolverine already happened, and Wolverine is considered the character's name more than 'James' is. Any confusion between the character and the film would've happened already.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
unless the person talking about it doesn't format it text-wise (italicizing the title or putting it in quotation marks)

Eh. I don't know about you, but indeed I haven't met many people who put quotation marks for a movie title. Also, on the internet not everyone uses proper punctuaction or formatting.

Besides, The Wolverine already happened, and Wolverine is considered the character's name more than 'James' is. Any confusion between the character and the film would've happened already.

There was no confusion with The Wolverine, because the movie title had "the" in it. So if people meant the character they said Wolverine, if they meant the film they said The Wolverine.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
'The' as an article doesn't do that great a job differentiating between "a character" and "not the character". It's mostly invisible (even alphabetical ordering skips it), bordering on useless when used like it's part of a title for the character in spoken dialogue within the movie, like, some characters (including Logan) still refer to Logan as "the Wolverine" rather than just "Wolverine". It's still the character, because it has to be.

Shingen: What kind of monster are you?
Logan: The Wolverine!

Yukio: Do not apologize. It's been an honor just to meet the Wolverine.

Peter's Little Sister: I'm a princess. What are you?
Logan: [Takes off sunglasses] I'm the Wolverine.

Magneto: And now you think that taking in the Wolverine will make up for your failure with Stryker's son. You haven't told him about his past, have you?

Point is, someone calling him "the Wolverine" outside of the movie still makes sense and counts as "calling him by his name". It could still potentially be confused with the title of the movie. So "Logan" isn't that big of a deal by comparison.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Point is, someone calling him "the Wolverine" outside of the movie still makes sense and counts as "calling him by his name".

XD I know the character is also called "the Wolverine", with the article. What I'm saying is that if people meant him, they PURPOSEFULLY omitted the article, conscious that there was no way you could mean the movie if you said just "Wolverine", with no "the", and the meaning was clear. In fact that's how I've conducted all my conversations about that movie.

But, in this case, unlike the above mentioned one, you have no way to differentiate between the guy and the film without punctuation or formatting. The only means you got is the context but it still remains an annoyance people seem to not want to deal with using formatting etcetera. I don't care, to be honest. I mostly rely on context and try to use the name Logan in a phrase where it's clear I only mean either the character or the film.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Lmao, "the Logan". IMO, that just seems like an overestimation of how annoyed people would get, even with context. The [lack of] differentiation between film and character couldn't be so annoying that it'd be absolutely necessary to retitle it in conversations (or even on a movie ticket) for that alone rather than "well, it's the third solo movie with Wolverine in it" or "I already called X-Men Origins Wolverine 'Wolverine 1' and The Wolverine 'Wolverine 2' because screw proper titling" and they just don't care. How many people actually do refer to Wolverine as Logan often enough for that to be confusing? He really is usually called [the] Wolverine.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
How many people actually do refer to Wolverine as Logan often enough for that to be confusing?

Well, in my experience, when concerning not his superhero persona, but rather his more... how to say... "normal" self (you know what I mean, the man under the mask) they do. For example, lots of times I see people calling him Logan rather than Wolverine when talking about the Old Man Logan comic.

That's just what I've observed though. I'm not that much into comic book stuff and don't frequent a lot of people who are into it either.

By the way, this whole thing reminds me of the upcoming Predator movie. It's called The Predator. Luckily enough though, the fan base has always given a name to each Predator ever appeared on screen so that's not gonna be an issue there.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
True, it does serve to differentiate between his "civilian" persona and his "superhero" persona. So you have a point. We're just observing it from different angles.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I'm torn over the title, on one hand, part of me feels it should have been called The Wolverine 2 . I like how it's going to be a personal, character driven story (Literally, for me, the only things that hurt The Wolverine, were the overly cartoony third act, mostly due to the overly large cg robot, I mean come on, just have a guy in a armored suit like Iron Man even, and it would have come out better. As well as the action scenes needing a bit more bite, which Logan will have with it's R rating)

But just Logan, I know what they're going for, but it is a superhero movie, seems a tad to simple.

Just my thoughts on the title, the films going to be epic either way though.

Top Bottom