• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wonder if Kamen Rider Wizard is indeed in this show. You seen when Megaforce/SuperMegaforce was in this stage pictures of the five Dairangers were shown. Half of the PR fandom didn't believe the Dairanger suits would actually appear in PR. SuperMegaforce airs and we get the Dairanger suits! (Plus other Super Sentai suits that did not appear in PR).
So wouldn't it be a hoot if Wizard popped up in Power Rangers. After all some Go-Busters elements are supposed to appear in this adaption of Kyoryuger. So why not throw in KR Wizard? Mesh and create madness!

KRSkull

Beside the three rangers from Power Rangers Jungle fury. How many ranger are there that doesn't have a counterpart in Super Sentai?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Beside the three rangers from Power Rangers Jungle fury. How many ranger are there that doesn't have a counterpart in Super Sentai?

Pink Flash From Flashman appeared in Super Megaforce but Flashman was never adapted into Power Rangers.
newpowers1.jpg

Yellow Mask from Maskman:
1304808335830.jpg

The five core suits from Dairanger:
data-top-dairanger.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zyuranger has its weird moments as does every Super Sentai. I'd suggest watching the first episode subbed, if it still doesn't interest you, than cool. Its a entirely different entity compared to MMPR that's for sure.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yup, the Next Generation Ninja Turtles (the show with Venus) teamed up with the In Space Rangers. Kamen Rider #1 teamed up with Ultraman AND the Thailand folks teamed up their giant ape god Hanuman with the first five Kamen Riders! (It wasn't made official by Toei but Thailand did it anyway)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Soooo! A minor updates:
In honor of Shout! Factory going to release Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger on DVD in the US and me helping out a PR site owner update his PR site I'm going to be posting some general fun info on the various Power Ranger, Super Sentai and other Japanese super hero series. Stay tuned!

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
I wish we could get an American Rider series off the ground.

Dragon Knight was awesome, but the Network screwed it over

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wish we could get an American Rider series off the ground.

Dragon Knight was awesome, but the Network screwed it over

I think (my own opinion now) that Power Rangers and a US Kamen Rider could not co-exist and here's why.
In context Super Sentai/Power Rangers and Kamen Rider are the same thing. People in funny suits fighting other people in equally funny looking suits. US audiences would see US Kamen Rider as merely PR without various members and missing giant robots. These things make Power Rangers "one of a kind" for US audiences.
There is no show in the Western world that encompasses live action fighting in colorful suits and adds in elements of giant robot fighting in one package as PR does. US Kamen Rider seems "empty" by comparison. Kamen Rider came out in Japan before Super Sentai so KR set the standard. SS didn't include giant robot fighting until Battle Fever J! (The third SS show)
If KR was turned into our Mighty Morphin Power Rangers instead of Zyuranger than US KR would've been celebrating its 21 years instead of adapting Super Sentai's tales. Now I could be totally wrong for US KR's future, but despite how one would feel about Saban's Masked Rider or Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, they didn't do as well as PR did, so its third try would have to be big! And I be "big" I mean produce a lasting toy line and telling a half decent story. Mostly selling a continuous toy line.

KRSkull

You know what really annoys me.

Some people out there Lists Masked Rider, Beetle Borgs, Superhuman Samurai Sybersquad and VR Troopers as rip-offs of Power Rangers.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
You know what really annoys me.

Some people out there Lists Masked Rider, Beetle Borgs, Superhuman Samurai Sybersquad and VR Troopers as rip-offs of Power Rangers.

And when you try to explain toku to them, YOU'RE the weird one,

Top Bottom