• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's gush about DMC2!

Meg

Because there is good and bad to everything, I thought I would make a thread dedicated to showing some love for the most un-loved DMC ever. XD

And because I know some people here like it...

So! What do you like about DMC2? What would you like to return in future games (DmC or DMC5)? :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The bosses! Some of the bosses in DMC2 were awesome. Namely Bolverk and Possessed Arius to name a couple.

Nefasturris and Nefascapitas should come back too, but updated to actually put up a fight. XD

Meg

I thought the infected helicopter was neat. I would like to see something like that expanded on in an upcoming game. What other vehicles would be neat to see demon-ified? I vote motorcycles. Imagine walking down a tight corridor and then hearing "VROOM!" and there's a demonic bike spitting fire at you and sh-

yeah. XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I thought the infected helicopter was neat. I would like to see something like that expanded on in an upcoming game. What other vehicles would be neat to see demon-ified? I vote motorcycles. Imagine walking down a tight corridor and then hearing "VROOM!" and there's a demonic bike spitting fire at you and sh-

yeah. XD

So long as they don't act dumb like the Infested Tanks. XD

Reminds me: The Infestants are said to be able to infect demons too. Why doesn't that ever happen in game?

Meg

Reminds me: The Infestants are said to be able to infect demons too. Why doesn't that ever happen in game?

That would be cool actually. You're fighting a demon and then all of a sudden, BAM! the demons become infected and more powerful with new moves.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That would be cool actually. You're fighting a demon and then all of a sudden, BAM! the demons become infected and more powerful with new moves.

And then of course GIANT EYEBALL WEAKPOINT! XD

But it could happen at any time. Demons can look totally normal, then turn infected. It would add a whole new gameplay mechanic.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

And then of course GIANT EYEBALL WEAKPOINT! XD

But it could happen at any time. Demons can look totally normal, then turn infected. It would add a whole new gameplay mechanic.
Imagine infected demons with DTs on Dante Must Die mode.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
About infection etc., it actually reminded me of DMC1 demons, the nobodies, who transform and grew larger and all that. A combination of all those would be great. Like spirits inhabiting the stuff around you until you kill the spirits. And when you're done destroying all the stuff, a demon appears and the spirit infests him instead. It would be awesome!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
About infection etc., it actually reminded me of DMC1 demons, the nobodies, who transform and grew larger and all that. A combination of all those would be great. Like spirits inhabiting the stuff around you until you kill the spirits. And when you're done destroying all the stuff, a demon appears and the spirit infests him instead. It would be awesome!

They could be used as a better gateway guardian than those hand things. The hand guardians could still be around, but other times it'd be the DMC4 webbing gates, and the spirit things you talked about.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
bring back bolverk and despair embodied i love thoes fights and infected demons mixed with nobodys and with devil trigger on dante must die....i would certainly die (nobodys creap me out)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC2 also had some creative enemy DTs. I remember that the cage demons, when they DT... Well, the bones explode and you're fighting an empty cage that's ON FIRE. Blue fire, too. Except for the Mortf Inis, those have green flames.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
DMC2 also had some creative enemy DTs. I remember that the cage demons, when they DT... Well, the bones explode and you're fighting an empty cage that's ON FIRE. Blue fire, too. Except for the Mortf Inis, those have green flames.

cuz motfinis are spekal

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I can remember when i bought it. I was completely confused as to why there were two discs in the box.
When i saw Lucia on the disc i thought, "WTF?"
When i started the game, I played first time around as Lucia.... i thought she was awesome. I even found her battles easier than Dante's. And I loved her Angel-like dt.

Infested tank and helicopters were really something different, and that thing with all of the different bosses (looked a bit like nightmare...Argosax the chaos), that was....well... a nightmare.

But the Despair Embodied at the end (playing as Dante), i had a close encounter with. It killed Dante before i had a chance to kill it, but i was unaware that i had a gold orb :p Dante came back to life and 'boom' I won!

I'll be honest and say that I prefer DMC2 to DMC4.
And i love this Version of Dante, mainly because he was more serious and there was no fluff.

Asmodaius

LUCIA!!! <3

I miss her... And I really don't understand why Capcom completely cut her out of the series after DMC2, while Trish and Lady returned in DMC4. *sigh*

Oh, and also, Dante's look in DMC2 was the coolest and classiest of them all. So stylish.

Bolverk was definately one of the cooler bosses, though I am kinda sad that he wasn't given any storyline purpose. He was just there...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ahhh! I want to play it now - now I'm reminded how good it is, but our PS2 isn't plugged in - its still in a box since we moved house! >_<
I liked Lucia and like VB said - I liked the 'no fluff' Dante. <3

Asmodaius

Dante was alot cooler in DMC2. In DMC3 he seemed just like some snotty brat. He could have gotten more lines though...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Another good thing in Devil May Cry is that Dante was so powerful, that somehow no matter how big or ferocious an enemy appeared you felt invincible. And in the cut-scenes even he, seemed disinterested with themXD

Top Bottom