• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Legit though, DMC4 sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
It's also hard to time on making the Exceed fill up, even more so on Max level, while doing a Red Queen combo... So I got used to Dante more than Nero for his combat variety.

Practice, practice and practice. Just a week or two ago, I couldn't do EX-Act or MAX-Act no matter how much I tried. Now I manage to do EX-Act some 30-50% of the time, and sometimes even MAX-Act.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Practice, practice and practice. Just a week or two ago, I couldn't do EX-Act or MAX-Act no matter how much I tried. Now I manage to do EX-Act some 30-50% of the time, and sometimes even MAX-Act.

Perform a shuffle and just towards the end of the attack hit exceed and you will max act.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Max act level 3 ex streak DT cancel is my favorite move of neros as is knocks enemies up then you can charge another max act for a ex high time move.

My favorite move is High Roller > Aerial Combo > Split, done with EX/MAX-Act.

TheJokingDevil

Things I didn't like about DMC4 is that it lacks of new things, the system itself is pretty much the same as DMC3 but somehow worse, like Dante's styles. Yes, you can switch at any time but each style is definitely less powerful than in DMC3. And then the bosses, there's only 8 bosses in the game, this is fine, however, 4 of them will have to fight 3 times, I mean, really? The last thing I dislike is the ranking system for red orbs, it is counted by collecting the orbs from the stage not through battle which if you want to get a full S rank, you will have to spend almost half of the time collecting the orbs, no wonder why people just skip the orbs evaluation during their playthrough.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I'd like to mention one problem I had with DMC4:
Getting the right amount of Red Orbs don't matter anymore!

In the first three DMCs, it mattered, even more so in DMC3...

Why is this removed.

Also, the DMC1 Dante costume for Dante to use! Both DMC2 and DMC3 have that! Why is it not there?!

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Game was rushed, apparently, so they didn't have time to include it. It also caused excessive backtracking to be incorporated.
First 3 DMCs have good backtracking. DMC4 however messed that up! Wish Dante had his own levels and his own enemies to whoop ass on!

And more reasons for me to like only DMC1 Dante over the "Dante"s that came after him!

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
This game as always been a big disappointment and the sudden influx of people who loved it after DmC debut ain't fooling me. This was hated long before DmC was announced and its no coincidence that the people who like this game hate DmC (but i'm sure that some of them were vastly disappointed with DMC 4 before DmC was announced).

This is the game that truly killed off the series. In some way i'm glad it did if this was how the future games were going to be like.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
This game as always been a big disappointment and the sudden influx of people who loved it after DmC debut ain't fooling me. This was hated long before DmC was announced and its no coincidence that the people who like this game hate DmC (but i'm sure that some of them were vastly disappointed with DMC 4 before DmC was announced).

This is the game that truly killed off the series. In some way i'm glad it did if this was how the future games were going to be like.

or or, maybe DmC just made those fans who hated DMC4 before appreciate its gameplay which is the main point people bring up when they say good things about DMC4 nowadays.

I still don't see many people praising all the aspects of DMC4, just the gameplay in comparison to DmC.

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
There' should be more to a game then just gameplay, this isn't the 1980's anymore. Unless gamers standards are so low now that all that matters to them is going to the next combat arena. Besides, imo, DMC 3 did the combat better then 4. Nothing that DMC 4 brought really revolutionized anything. Wow...on the fly style switching, an archaic mechanic that should've been retired on a next gen system and should've been streamlined into Dante's regular moveset. I mean, people are literally paying Capcom to be lazy if they thought DMC 4 was the best of the best... They're so creatively bankrupt nowadays that all people ask of them is HD re-releases.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
There' should be more to a game then just gameplay, this isn't the 1980's anymore. Unless gamers standards are so low now that all that matters to them is going to the next combat arena. Besides, imo, DMC 3 did the combat better then 4. Nothing that DMC 4 brought really revolutionized anything. Wow...on the fly style switching, an archaic mechanic that should've been retired on a next gen system and should've been streamlined into Dante's regular moveset. I mean, people are literally paying Capcom to be lazy if they thought DMC 4 was the best of the best... They're so creatively bankrupt nowadays that all people ask of them is HD re-releases.

No arguments here, there should be more than just gameplay, but that is the thing, you where implying that people where just putting on a act to "fool you" due to the infux or players who are saying good things about DMC4 now who may have been saying bad things about it before DmC'a release, but the thing is that most would still stand by their point that overall DMC4 is still a bad game, but even back when DMC4 was getting a lot of **** thrown at it before the release of DmC people still enjoyed the actual gameplay, and now that DmC has been released and they are making it a note to express how much more than liked the gameplay better than DmC people like you are trying to make it seem as if it is some kind of elaborate act to downplay DmC which I do not agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom