• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Legit though, DMC4 sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This_IZ_Sparda!

I forgot to mention. At first i didnt even use walkthroughs through my first two playthroughs (hehe, true, i counted 3 or 4 "throughs" that i threw here, tongue twista, muthafukkahs!!). *ahem!* Anyway, during the second to the last boss fight, i almost had no clue what to do after breaking the blue crystals on the arms and head. I felt like i was hopping around aimlessly and shooting SAvior almost more than 5 times with the cannon. then after 10 or so minutes i realized before i decided to call it quits, i began slashing around like a retard out of boredom then i hit his giant hand. Style ranks began to appear! then thats how i began to progress in the level.
For me, this particular design (out of the general negative feedback on this game posted in this thread) was sort of poorly constructed. sure, the bouncing around and dodging the laser of death was fun. but, it just didnt work for me somehow. i wasnt as accomplished with this as i was with other boss battles in other games... so yeah, didnt like it much.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Getting ranks is fun but the game itself is what I care about more. I spend a lot more time goin crazy in blood palace than I do trying to improve ranks.

Likewise. I didn't play Bloody Palace much, but during normal gameplay I aim to kill as many enemies in as short time as possible while having fun (which is also a reason why I prefer Nero to Dante gameplay-wise: I don't have to go running after enemies or searching for handy walls to stop them when I can simply Snatch them back). Good rank is a nice reward, but I'll never sacrifice fun in gameplay just to get higher rank. Funnily enough, I seem to have easier time getting good ranks on Devil Hunter than I did on Human; I don't know if it is just that I've gotten better or higher difficulty forced me to use more varying combos and play faster, consequently improving my rank. Probably a combination of two.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I seem to have easier time getting good ranks on Devil Hunter than I did on Human; I don't know if it is just that I've gotten better or higher difficulty forced me to use more varying combos and play faster, consequently improving my rank. Probably a combination of two.

No its because the enemies last longer and that gives more time to do combos.

Rolanthas

Yup, more enemies and they last longer. The beauty of higher DMC difficulties is that they force you to go beyond the combos and tricks you used before, and kinda "force" you to be stylish as possible to survive the longer and tougher encounters.

DragonMaster2010

Yup, more enemies and they last longer. The beauty of higher DMC difficulties is that they force you to go beyond the combos and tricks you used before, and kinda "force" you to be stylish as possible to survive the longer and tougher encounters.

False. I can just hack away at my enemies with rebellion and I can still kill them without the need to be stylish. Both in DMC3 and DMC4. Just dodge when you need to then hack away.

Caiden

False. I can just hack away at my enemies with rebellion and I can still kill them without the need to be stylish. Both in DMC3 and DMC4. Just dodge when you need to then hack away.

Being stylish makes it much easier to deal with large groups on higher difficulties. Being stylish usually involves keeping enemies airborne of stay at their backs. By doing this you keep enemies managed. If you ignore any attempt to manage your target you are much more prone to get hit. If you really had to just "Dodge when you need to." Than DMC would be way easier. More than once I have dodged and it put me in the path of another attack.

DragonMaster2010

Being stylish makes it much easier to deal with large groups on higher difficulties. Being stylish usually involves keeping enemies airborne of stay at their backs. By doing this you keep enemies managed. If you ignore any attempt to manage your target you are much more prone to get hit. If you really had to just "Dodge when you need to." Than DMC would be way easier. More than once I have dodged and it put me in the path of another attack.

Then it must be simple as sh!t cause that's how I got through DMD on DMC4. Challenging? Ha! Not when you know how to dodge it isn't.

Also, would you suggest DMD mode to someone who HASN'T mastered the Devil May Cry series? Because the average gamer probably wouldn't know how to be stylish because he/she wouldn't have time to do that.

Caiden

Then it must be simple as sh!t cause that's how I got through DMD on DMC4. Challenging? Ha! Not when you know how to dodge it isn't.

Also, would you suggest DMD mode to someone who HASN'T mastered the Devil May Cry series? Because the average gamer probably wouldn't know how to be stylish because he/she wouldn't have time to do that.

That why there are lower difficulties. It's not like someone has to play on DMD. If their an average player but want a challenge than SOS has more than enough for them.

Are you trying to disprove something? That being stylish doesn't only make the game easier but also more enjoyable?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
If their an average player but want a challenge than SOS has more than enough for them.

Seconded. I'm playing on Son of Sparda and am stuck on first Sanctus fight. It's OK until he gets to low health, but after that I can't get through his shield and damage him fast enough between two "Do it now!". I tried using Buster on the Savior's fist but it apparently didn't work.

EDIT: Maybe it's just my timing that sucks.

Last edited:

Caiden

No. I'm saying being stylish isn't the only method to win fights on DMD mode. Especially on DMC4.

Maybe for you but for me it's the complete opposite. I could never get away with just dodges and button mashing on DMD. I did that for a year and I barely even finished SOS back then. Once I had expanded my combo ability and had begun playing more "stylish" I was much more successful at the game.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
There's no "one method fits all" strategy to be had, here. Dodging is honestly something I didn't find myself doing very often in earlier difficulties. I think it was DMD mode when I started saying to myself, "I might want to actually dodge some of these attacks properly, not just flip through the air at random". (This certainly came in handy against the groups of Angelos; beforehand I'd get through a few lucky battles where I wouldn't get hit, but once I actually made it a point to dodge at the appropriate times, things became much smoother).

I'm not really sure what the debate is (it's early, so forgive me if my post doesn't make sense) but stylish combos do help to improve the overall scoring. But, it isn't just about being "stylish". There's a practicality to many of the combos and methods you use depending on the enemies you face.

But like I said, it's different for everyone.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Picard said:
Seconded. I'm playing on Son of Sparda and am stuck on first Sanctus fight. It's OK until he gets to low health, but after that I can't get through his shield and damage him fast enough between two "Do it now!". I tried using Buster on the Savior's fist but it apparently didn't work.

EDIT: Maybe it's just my timing that sucks.

Use snatch to get up to his shield do two roulettes and when the shield starts breaking DT it will knock him to the grounds do 4 exceed attacks, and then DT buster him mashing shoot for summoned swords job done.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Use snatch to get up to his shield do two roulettes and when the shield starts breaking DT it will knock him to the grounds do 4 exceed attacks, and then DT buster him mashing shoot for summoned swords job done.

Just finished the mission, thanks!

More than once I have dodged and it put me in the path of another attack.

I tend to dodge the attack by jumping, Snatch the enemy and unload a combo. And you reminded me of one of things I like with Nero - wide sweeps with sword. Oftentimes I hit several enemies at once when staying on the ground (which, on higher difficulty, isn't often).

Last edited:

Caiden

Just finished the mission, thanks!

I tend to dodge the attack by jumping, Snatch the enemy and unload a combo. And you reminded me of one of things I like with Nero - wide sweeps with sword. Oftentimes I hit several enemies at once when staying on the ground (which, on higher difficulty, isn't often).

Thats why I love exceed. Wide sweeps with a quick damage boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom